What is Your Favorite Rollercoaster Building Firm?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite coaster building firm? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite coaster building firm?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'm tied at Vekoma and B&M. I think B&M might have the slight edge.

#22 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Mack is building more and more awesome rides, too.

Yes, rides like Blue Fire are awesome. They are getting better and better.

Posted Image

#23 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm still with Intamin. I feel that they are much more original than B&M. They are also not afraid to go outside of their comfort zone. B&M annoys the hell out of me when they put a damn trim brake on 75% of their airtime hills. Intamin could care less about their airtime hills. Look at El Toro and Skyrush. I just like how Intamin is not scared to have some reliability problems. They care more about the ride experience than the reliability.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#24 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

To me Intamin is either a hit or miss. They either produce insane rides, or because of a previous failure or whatnot, tone back their rides to much.

B&M produce a good ride every time, it's just they very rarely produce a gem.

In simpler form:
Intamin = Great or Meh (hit or miss)
B&M = Good every time

It's a tie between the two for me, as I've ridden some very good B&M's and some very good Intamins.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#25 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

Intamin for sure! Why? Well, B&M produces many great coasters every time again and they have produced the smoothest rides I have ever ridden, but in my opinion Intamin is pushing the limit a bit more. Look at rides like Kingda Ka, Maverick and now Skyrush. They search for speed, fast twists and turns, height etc. I think they have the abilities to make coasters more extreme than B&M although not always as smooth as possible.

Posted Image

#26 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

Premier Rides' last two coasters were pretty cool.
S&S is getting better, too.

But Intamin is still my favorite at the moment. Followed closely by B&M.
Nobody can do a heartline banking transition like Intamin.

#27 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

B&M launcher? I don't think so. The only launched B&M is the incredible Hulk. The launch system wasn't even made by B&M. Launched Intamins are all over the place though.

Vekoma is getting a crapload better too.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#28 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Intamin fo' sho'. For me, they top all of these categories: intensity, airtime, uniqueness, and just overall beauty. They aren't always as perfectly smooth as B&M's, but it just adds character to the ride experience.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#29 Unendingride

Unendingride

Arrow Lover

• 160 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

I probably sound crazy for this, but Arrow is my favorite company. Just the classic-ness of them is just amazing for me! I know there a bit (ok, more than a bit) rough, but it's something to get over if you know how to ride one. Vortex, Tennesee Tornado, Carolina Cyclone, etc etc etc... Following close behind though is B&M. Afterburn and Intimidator were both wonderful :)

#30 Balu1234

Balu1234

Construction worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

I think vekoma is the best ,but B&M coaster are too good

lover <3

#31 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Intamin beats B&M just that much. Their rides are much more intense than any B&M coaster I've ridden. They may not have much of a variety of coasters like B&M does, but the rides pack much more of a punch than B&M coasters ever will.

Posted Image

#32 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

According to my top ten list.
1. Maverick Intamin
4. Magnum Arrow
5. Manta B&M
6. Firehawk Vekoma

By points for how much I like them starting Intamin with 100
Intamin 100
B&M 45
Arrow 40
Vekoma 35
Schwarzkopf 25
Mack rides 28
Gerstlauer 20
Maurer Sohne 22
Premier rides 18
GCI 20
CCI 30
S&S 15
Morgan 25
edit forgot about steel dragon so Morgan is changed to 25 for me and Mack to 28.
and also Togo is 15.

#33 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Intamin definitely makes some of the best rides because they are always pushing limits but even though it seems the last few years IMO B&M's are getting pretty cookie cutter and pretty much the same stuff over and over, some of their older work is definitely intense (inverts for example). Even though they seem to be getting less and less they always produce a decent ride even if some aren't very wow.

As far as woodies, well Intamin woodies are my favorite based on El Toro. GCI and GG also are great (have not ridden a gravity group, just going by what I hear), and PTC has some really good classic/out and back woodies.

Honestly other then maybe togo (and only ridden one of them so can't really say) I don't think any companies make all bad rides. Dinn Corporation made my most least favorite (georgia cylcone) and they also made one of my favorite woodies (wild one)

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#34 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

For best company(s), I would say Intamin for steel coasters, and GCI for wood. I can say I haven't ridden any B&M Hypers, or El Toro, but thats my opinion.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#35 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

Based purely on what I've ridden and that's not much, I would have to go with B&M. I know Nemesis is pretty intense but it it's quite short. A good ride for me is something enjoyable, not something that crushes you into your seat countless times or throws you about. This opinion may change with time but for now, this is what I stand by.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#36 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Even though they're not around anymore, I really admire Arrow Dynamics.
They gave us the suspended swinging coaster, still my favorite type of all time. They gave us the first hypercoaster, and the first 4D coaster. Their coaster concepts: the pipeline coaster, the ArrowBATic, and their weird looking bobsled. And with S&S, they gave us the Screamin Squirrel, the El Loco, and the Free Fly. No other company can boast that kind of innovation.

Oh and, uh, for wooden coasters I like Gravity Group.
[/rant]