Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

X-wing clone? Don't think so :o

#23 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

^Similar, not a clone.

Cedar Fair would be very stupid to clone a rival's coaster.

#24 christian

christian

Lead Engineer

• 1662 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

Wow, this is awesome news. After riding X-Flight I knew Cedar Point had to build one. It's a lot of fun to ride.

-MIB(H)

#25 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

I have no idea if these are legitimate or not, but these pictures were posted to the Pointbuzz forums...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

thread link: Cedar Point Forum - Cedar Point 2013

Also, screamscape mentioned "GateKeeper" as a possible name or project codename.

#26 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

I'm amazed at how much bolts are going to be used on that coaster. But then it makes sense. I just hope it's real.

I really like Cedar Point's new CEO. It's much better now that the park is focusing more on guest experience than weneedmorecoasters weneedmorecoasters weneedmorecoasters. Honestly, I could care less if we have the most coasters in the world (which we don't anymore). But this CEO is really improving the park. With doctoring up Mean Streak, Adding fast lane (yes I know, it's also for the money), Adding Luminosity (which is actually pretty cool), and moving the used to be confusing entrance of the Power Tower queue line to the Top Thrill Dragster midway where t's a lot easier to find. I could really get used to this new CEO stuff. :)

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#27 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

No way those are legitimate. Those are fakes for sure! He only does one overview shot of all the parts while its nighttime and shines light to illuminate that area only. If they were real, we would see them in the CP lot.

Posted Image

#28 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Right now it's almost certain its going to be a wing coaster from the info I've gathered. The only thing that I want for sure though, is the name to be Banshee, Gatekeeper sounds stupid to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#29 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

^ I heard Banshee is B&M, how Cedar Point calls it. Gatekeeper is the project name, just like the secret weapon (number) in Alton Towers.

#30 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

No way those are legitimate. Those are fakes for sure! He only does one overview shot of all the parts while its nighttime and shines light to illuminate that area only. If they were real, we would see them in the CP lot.

Car headlights...

I believe those are real. You don't just get that pic of a B&M label from anywhere.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#31 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

SPOILER: Cedar Point has a new ride page on their website, showing a badass animation of the new ride, which will be...

Spoiler

Well apparently the webpage is broken now, but the picture is still in the spoiler.

#32 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

^They took it down! Dang!

WOAH, that looks insane!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#33 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Can you still see the picture?

#34 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Wow! B&M continue to impress me with their layouts. It looks absolutly amazing!

Posted Image

#35 Geartooth

Geartooth

Coasters and Biking

• 491 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

That's awesome defiantly going back next year! The key hole elements look cool.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#36 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Ok thats really cool. Love the name, and it fits it perfectly with the location (well no duh!). Definately something I'll be keeping my eye on. Any info about track length or height?

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#37 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

If that's genuine, it takes everything good about all current wing coasters and combines it. Plus, that double keyhole looks fantastic!

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#38 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Ok thats really cool. Love the name, and it fits it perfectly with the location (well no duh!). Definately something I'll be keeping my eye on. Any info about track length or height?

The web page said the ride would last 2:40 and go 67 mph, so look for a height nearing 200 feet. Your guess about ride length is as good as mine...I'd put it at around 4500 feet.

^plus there's an camelback! Even better!

#39 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Not only is there the double key-hole, but the second zero-g looks like it has near misses with the towers for the double key-hole. This looks so sick, and it's not just about inversions, that air-time hill should be insane in those trains if it's anything like a B&M hyper.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#40 moose517

moose517

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

that looks amazing!