scm wrong

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Well, I am apparently a very lucky person. I came across this set at a garage sale in my neighborhood. A former teacher had just retired, and the school no longer had use for this set (for some dumb reason), so she took it to sell. This education set costs $255 from Knex; I got this for $75. I'm pretty sure she was intending this to go to a teacher, but she didn't seem to mind a collector picking this up (for myself). :D

So I took a day to re-organize this and take a look at everything; Mind blown! Only one small black rod missing! The blue tubing was cut like mad, as I was expecting, but there were still 4 strands that measured at least 12 feet. This set also came with black cross-ties instead of the pictured green. The grey rods are also a darker shade than the normal grey color. The set also comes with 3 storage bins (measures approx 16" x 11" x 4") with numerous dividers for easy organizing. There is an instruction manual for two roller coasters (Storm Mountain and a drop, loop, turn coaster), a CD with instructions for various ramps, halfpipes, and inclines, and a teachers guide filled with lesson plans, activities, and experiments.

While I merely bought this as collecting a rare set to add to my collection, I'm impressed with this set on many different levels. For Knex, it's very well created and designed, from creating the models for easy use in experiments to the laid out lessons and labs in the teachers guide. For the school, teacher, and students that pre-owned this, it was very well kept with just a single piece missing and the instruction manual fairly well intact. I'm astonished a school decided not to keep this, but I'm very glad I have this set in my collection.

Here's some pictures, which is what I know you guys really wanted from this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And no, I have no idea what I'm going to do with 80 blue and purple flexi-rods... (blue and silver length, respectively)

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#2 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

And no, I have no idea what I'm going to do with 80 blue and purple flexi-rods... (blue and silver length, respectively)

Make a very twisty coaster

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#3 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Strange piece count for a coaster set, but still quite a lot :). What does the teachers guide actually include?

Posted Image

#4 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

The teachers guide has 9 different labs based on the models available in the manual and on the CD. Each lab has set-ups and different measurements and has the students use questions, graphs, and equations (mostly the basic kinematics equations). The whole set up is around forces, acceleration, collisions, and motion.

One thing I didn't mention is that some of the ramps on the CD are ball ramps, one of which has a loop. That's why some of the parts aren't regular coaster parts, and is why the tabbed gold connectors and short flexi-rods are included.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#5 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hmmm, nice deal for 75$ in my opinion

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#6 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

what a great find!, and only 1 piece missing when it came from a school? thats just really cool. :)

Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

(cop)KNEX AUSTRALIA!(cop)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scm, wrong