• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#1 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Posted Image

After seeing some large models built in real life and in the knew world, followed up by riding Leviathan on my Canada's Wonderland trip, I decided I should do a recreation of one of the few giga coasters existing. This model will be a recreation of Leviathan, but some elements will not be shaped exactly as the ride has them (as you can see with the drop and in the future, with the overbank). I don't like the shaping on some of the elements such as the drop and overbank, so I decided that I would make them smoother than they are in real life. Here is what I've got so far.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Updates should be expected to come somewhat fast since I am on Summer Vacation, so look forwards to them.

Posted Image

#2 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

That is ... eh ... huge! I hope you have enough parts to complete the ride on this scale.

Posted Image

#3 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

OH MY GOSH! You told me to brace myself and I didn't! This is going to be awesome!

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#4 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

How are you going to fit this inside your room. I can't wait too see you build this, and are you going to have enough pieces?

#5 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

There is no way it's going to fit in that room. I have always wanted to see someone recreate this!!!!! AAHHHHH I'm so excited!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#6 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

That looks awesome dude! Hope you can finish this BEAST!!

#7 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

This model will be a recreation of Leviathan, but some elements will not be shaped exactly as the ride has them (as you can see with the drop and in the future, with the overbank). I don't like the shaping on some of the elements such as the drop and overbank, so I decided that I would make them smoother than they are in real life.

Are you kidding? You think you are better than B&M? Wow...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#8 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

When I first saw Laviathan Recreation, I thought, "Oh no."
But when I saw it was being made by Jumpge, I thought, "Oh sweet!"
Right now I'm a little concerned about space. Are you going to be moving your k'nex back downstairs?

#9 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

I have always wanted to see someone recreate this!!!!!

Dude, it doesn't even exist for one year :P.

I'm very impressed so far, I'm sure you will be able to complete this model when it comes to speed because the layout isn't that long! Good luck :).

Posted Image

#10 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

This is so awesome. What youve already built is just about half my peices. This seems like something Gump would build!:D

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

#11 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

For one, I think the drop is too steep. It should only be 80 degrees, yours looks closer to 90. And yeah, like pki said, don't try to be better than B&M...shape it as accurately as possible. This has the potential to be one I the greatest models of all time if you do that.

The hardest part about this ride is probably going to be the fact that the over bank is shorter than the first camelback, and you have a high speed turn inbetween.

Also, I think the pullout starts too early.

#12 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

You HAVE to live in a castle to finish this coaster on this scale :o.

Looking very good so far, hope you can pull this off!

#13 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

This is so awesome. What youve already built is just about half my peices. This seems like something Gump would build!:D

What he's built so far is probably about all of my standard pieces. haha! :D
BTW I also had the same reaction as Stig did. :P Hope you can pull this one off!(thumbsup) Good luck!

#14 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Well it's been under construction and open for over a year...

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#15 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Looks awesome dude. This should be exciting!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

Nice!!!! After riding this ride multiple times, I can not wait until this is complete. I knew that someone would eventually recreate this. Good luck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#17 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Right now I'm a little concerned about space. Are you going to be moving your k'nex back downstairs?

my thoughts EXACTLY!!!!

I'm looking forward to this so much! Good luck!

#18 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

I agree with pki. Shape it as closely as you can to the real ride. I hope that you pull through with this entirely!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#19 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Are you kidding? You think you are better than B&M? Wow...

For one, I think the drop is too steep. It should only be 80 degrees, yours looks closer to 90. And yeah, like pki said, don't try to be better than B&M...shape it as accurately as possible. This has the potential to be one I the greatest models of all time if you do that.

The hardest part about this ride is probably going to be the fact that the over bank is shorter than the first camelback, and you have a high speed turn inbetween.

Also, I think the pullout starts too early.

PKI- You could have stated that a little nicer, but I get the point.
To both of you- I don't think I am better than B&M, but its just that I personally am not a fan of the shaping on the drop and overbank. In the future I will change the drop, but I am just waiting to make sure that with the speed from that drop the train can make it over the first large camelback. If it doesn't I am going to keep the drop and go custom with this, so I don't want to go Leviathan with the drop right now.

Haha! I wil obviously be assembling this coaster in my room! ;) I really won't, but I'm assembling it outside in my backyard where I had my old TTD recreation setup.

I'm very impressed so far, I'm sure you will be able to complete this model when it comes to speed because the layout isn't that long! Good luck :).

I think I will too, but I am just a little worrying of the camelback since it is higher than the first element.
I am building this coaster to scale, basing each element off the first drop, so the camelback will be two granites higher than the first overbank. We'll see how this works out!

I agree with pki. Shape it as closely as you can to the real ride. I hope that you pull through with this entirely!

As I said to pki and Hag, it'll be changed after I make sure that the train makes the camelback.

It just hit me for how fast of a builder I am with how quick I built this element.
First thing is first, and that's the pullout from the drop.

Posted Image

And now, the overbank!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I really love how I built this element to scale (as every element will be built), making this recreation feel even more like the real ride!

Posted Image

#20 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Supporting and trackwork look both excellent. :D

Posted Image