cash coaster knex sell selling

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#21 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

That looks really nice! I hope that you'll be able to make the camelback quite big ;)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#22 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Awesome so far, and everything looks stable and smooth. Even with out the tubing. And so essentially what you're doing is building section by section and then connecting them all outside?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#23 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Beautifully shaped. Dang! But how are you going to get that out of your room?

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#24 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Shaping is beautiful, but I have the feeling that the unbank is not suddenly enough. On leviathan, it looked like it snapped back, and had quite a large straight section afterwards. Can be just me, but other than that it's awesome :D

#25 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Dude, holy s**t this is so tall. Is it as tall as Diamondback? The overbank looks perfect in my opinion and I agree that the drop is a little too steep. Can't wait to see this done!

Posted Image

#26 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Great job on the overbank, make shure you support the high-speed turn strong, so you don't lose tons of speed for the camelback! I want to see a test video badly!

#27 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

Posted Image

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#28 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

The unbank transition is in an awkward spot, but I know that's where it is on the real element. Still, I'm almost sure that you would have shaped it differently if it was up to you.
I also really like your photography. What kind of camera do you use, Elijah?

#29 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

Wow... just wow.... This is gonna look awesome! :D

#30 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Awesome so far, and everything looks stable and smooth. Even with out the tubing. And so essentially what you're doing is building section by section and then connecting them all outside?

Thank you! To answer your question, yes, that is essentially what I am doing.

Beautifully shaped. Dang! But how are you going to get that out of your room?

Thats a fantastic question that is still somewhat oblivious to me! I think I'll break the super large elements down into smaller sections which will make traveling down 3 flights of stairs much easier.

Shaping is beautiful, but I have the feeling that the unbank is not suddenly enough. On leviathan, it looked like it snapped back, and had quite a large straight section afterwards. Can be just me, but other than that it's awesome :D

I do agree with you so I made it stay banked a bit longer to the un-bank than it was before (as you can see). I know it isn't heartlined, but I don't want to heart line it as much as it is portrayed on the real thing because it will kill a lot of speed (as I've noticed with past coasters).

Dude, holy s**t this is so tall. Is it as tall as Diamondback? The overbank looks perfect in my opinion and I agree that the drop is a little too steep. Can't wait to see this done!

Lol. With the drop, I will eventually change it after I get this next element over with, assuming that it makes the hill. If not, I am going to leave it and go custom with this ride (or quite possibly do a different recreation where I would change it). Thanks!

Great job on the overbank, make shure you support the high-speed turn strong, so you don't lose tons of speed for the camelback! I want to see a test video badly!

The test will come soon!

Posted Image

I cannot see the picture. What is it?

The unbank transition is in an awkward spot, but I know that's where it is on the real element. Still, I'm almost sure that you would have shaped it differently if it was up to you.
I also really like your photography. What kind of camera do you use, Elijah?

Thanks, but I did change the element a bit to give it more banking until it un-banks as you can see in RBN's reply.
Why thank you! The camera I use is a Nikon D3000 which is my parents, but I am able to use it for pictures of the coaster. Sadly, it doesn't take video. :(

Wow... just wow.... This is gonna look awesome! :D

Thanks man!

So I think I can easily say that I could quite possibly have the record for the fastest building time of a coaster on this scale. Is this true?

If you didn't take the time to read the quotes (don't worry, I never do!) then you can see in RNB's reply of mine that I changed the first element's bank to un-bank to give it more banking up until the end. Anyways, here is the high speed turn that will lead into the camelback.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The next part will either be the most relieving part of the build or the most frustrating. Either way that it goes, after this next update for the camelback there will be a test video showing success or failure.
Stay tuned!

Posted Image

#31 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

ME GUSTA! I think the banking ends too early though.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#32 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

After riding this multiple times in real life, I think that the speed turn needs more banking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#33 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm not really familiar with this element, but from what I can tell it looks perfect. Also, your explanation about the first drop makes sense, so I don't mind now. Move on, if you can make it over the next element I think you'll be able to easily complete the rest of the ride.

#34 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

My jaw is on the floor due to the amazement. I wonder if it will move when it is all put together. You are building this quite fast too!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#35 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

the picture is a guy and it says HMM... I CAN FAP TO THIS...

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#36 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

Anyways, here is the high speed turn that will lead into the camelback.

I just realized there is an air time hill before the camelback. Just sayin'

#37 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Great job, just a little bit more banking towards the end and your good!

#38 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Really don't think a post like this is worth telling you this, but I really couldn't have expected any less. Looks amazing and this is definately one of your best, if not the best so far. Keep it up!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#39 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

Shaping is great, and like the others said the banking is not enough. One other thing is that this airhill looks very small compared to the other elements. I know it is that small in real life, but wouldn't it be better to make it taller speed-wise?

As last, you build FAST :)

#40 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

wow u build fast.

This is looking awesome so far.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]