cash coaster knex sell selling

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#61 Geartooth

Geartooth

Coasters and Biking

• 491 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

^A giga coaster is a roller coaster that is 300-399 feet tall, and not by what style of track it is. Leviathan is 306 feet tall making it a giga coaster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#62 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

Holy crap! This looks absolutely amazing! A recre of one of my favorite coasters! :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#63 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

I hope the train makes it. Looks great though! And do not say it took you long to do an update again, not everyone has the opportunity to build the entire day. ;)

Posted Image

#64 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

This is totally reminding me of Steel Force. No joke, it's amazing. Keep it up!

I can't even tell you how long I've been wanting to hear something like that! Thanks!

For some reason the camelback looks mishapen. I don't know why, and when I look a it, it just looks weird. I also see it's mirrored. That may be why

That track design it too cool. I think it will look just like B&M if you don't even put the middle rail on.

It doesn't look parabolic enough.

I agree with ASC, it looks more like an Intamin camelback. Please try to make it more parabolic :)

I disagree with you guys. If you look at the real one, it isn't shaped like the true B&M camelbacks which are tall and very parabolic. This one is for sure a lot lower and is a lot wider than most.

Just checked this out, looks nice, hope you can pull it off with the speed though.

I hope the speed pulls it off too, but I will probably raise the lift if any speed issues occur.

Holy crap! This looks absolutely amazing! A recre of one of my favorite coasters! :)

Why thank you!

I hope the train makes it. Looks great though! And do not say it took you long to do an update again, not everyone has the opportunity to build the entire day. ;)

Haha, I hope so too! But your right, not everyone does get the opportunity to build this often... *cough* Helmer *cough* ;)

Okay guys, I have probably had the worst time trying to shape this overbank, and this is the best that its gotten so far. I've taken the track off a few times now and re-done it, but there is no breakthrough to a nice shape for some reason. With this being the best attempt, I know it could still be a lot better.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I want to avoid having the ride's exact shape because from the pullout it turns, has a giant straight spot, turns at the top, has another giant straight spot, then turns again. I want to do this shaping, but eliminate the giant straight spots that are on the real over bank. Could you guys help me out with getting this shape better?
After the many mini-overhauls, I still can't seem to put my finger on it.

Posted Image

#65 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

Amazing! this thing is huge! can't wait till the end. :D

for the shaping i think i'ts perfect right now.

#66 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

That looks a LOT better than last night, you did what I said and made it steeper. I think it looks enough like the real thing, I can see anything wrong with it.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#67 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

You're building so fast! I could do so too if we wouldn't have left for a 2 week holiday in France though ;).

The Overbank looks rather good to me, in real it is shaped pretty awkward in my opinion, but you did a good job recreating it looking at this picture :)!

Posted Image

#68 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

So smooth... IMPOSSIBLE !!

#69 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

I think the overbank looks perfectly fine. Fine meaning absolutely awesome.

When are you planning on doing a setup of the ride. To see if the train makes it. I wouldn't build anything else until you are sure the train makes it over the hill.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#70 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

I hope this thing performs well. All the elements have excellent shaping, strenght, and size. This could turn out to be the best model on the site.

#71 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

This is too good, an excellent job on this. You should put all the main elements together, and do a test run, because it would suck being like "I'm finally done!" and to have the train not make it over the hill or something. I think the hill looks good at it is, too. How many X ties do you have?

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#72 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

I have probably had the worst time trying to shape this overbank.

Posted Image

Claude says: "Yeah. Tell me about it."

#73 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Wow great job, it's smooth, and you do it with the gray rods, but, you layer your x ties too! I want to see a test video of this so far!

#74 KahluaCoasters

KahluaCoasters

Rut Row!

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Pretty Epic! Really cool! Great job!

#75 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Your doing a very good job on this! I relly like how the overbank turned out!

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

#76 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

I disagree with you guys. If you look at the real one, it isn't shaped like the true B&M camelbacks which are tall and very parabolic. This one is for sure a lot lower and is a lot wider than most.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Going to have to disagree with you there, yours is too rounded off and the entrance/exits both look too steep.

#77 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Going to have to disagree with you there, yours is too rounded off and the entrance/exits both look too steep.

i don't see any difference between then they look the same.

#78 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

ASC, that is not a good reference picture. If you want to argue against his sideview shot, you need to match his with a sideview of the real one.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#79 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Fixed.
___

#80 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts