6 replies to this topic

#1 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

**WARNING** THIS POST IS OVER 1,300 WORDS AND IS 4 PAGES IN MICROSOFT WORD

PLEASE COMMENT, I SPENT OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF TYPING IT

First of all I went to these three parks at different times during the summer, not as one trip, but I just never got around to doing trip reports until now so I figured I would group them. Also there are no pictures so it may be a bit disappointing but I will just offer insight and my reviews of the rides.

Starting off with Kings Dominion. This was also my first time to the park however I have been to the other two.

Coasters

First thing we did when getting there was head straight for I305 despite the fact that Volcano was supposed to have much worse lines. We got on in the front seat in only a few minutes and let me tell you it was truly an incredible ride. The airtime and the high speed through the buckles made that ride for me. The first time going down the declined brake section I told my dad that coasters don’t really get much better than that. (I305) - 9.5/10

Volcano was next, we waited about an hour due to going to Intimidator first and also had to wait out a break down when we were just a train away from getting on the front seat. But I also enjoyed the ride and it was not your average launched coaster being inverted and in a mountain. I did however think that the queues and the inside of the volcano were quite filthy and needed some work. (Volcano: The Blast Coaster) – 8/10

Dominator after that. It was a great ride with a huge vertical loop and a very nice custom layout including a high speed turn which I always love. Floorless coasters are always nice and somewhat exciting so I really enjoyed this one. (Dominator) – 8.5/10

Flight of Fear was a hidden surprise in the park and it turned out to be one of my favorite coasters there. Premier Rides did a great job on it, it was fast and relatively smooth and had a few really cool elements and inversions. (Flight of Fear) – 8.5/10

Anaconda was a classic I suppose but it gave bad whiplash and just a painful layout overall. (Anaconda) – 5/10

Grizzly and Hurler were rough and had multiple whiplash moments and ride design flaws. Me and my sister really didn’t enjoy them at all. (Grizzly) – 4.5/10 (Hurler) – 4/10

Rebel Yell was pretty incredible IMO. It may have been a bit rickety but it was amazing still, much better than the other two. My sister commented that it felt kind of like you were galloping on a horse. (Rebel Yell) – 7.5/10

Shockwave was my first Togo experience and it was pretty awful. The trains were weird and the coaster was just bad but I liked the color! (Shockwave) – 4.5/10

Ricochet wasn’t the best wild mouse but still fun. (Ricochet) – 6/10

The Backlot Stunt Coaster was another great Premier coaster that was a really great and smooth family ride. (Backlot Stunt Coaster) – 7.25/10

Next are the Flat Rides, keep in mind they’re rated on a different scale than coasters are.

This was also my first Windseeker experience and it was great! It offered breathtaking views of the park and was quite refreshing to ride. (Windseeker) – 9/10

The Crypt was very cool and had a pretty long ride time. The theming was nice too. (The Crypt) – 8/10

Drop Tower was absolutely incredible, definitely the best ive ever been on! (Drop Tower) – 9.5/10
Berserker was cool, in was the first inverting swinging ship ive ever been on but it stalled quite a lot while upside down and gave the worst of headaches, still fun though. (Berserker) - 7/10

Coasters

Apollo’s Chariot is such a great, smooth ride with tons of ejector airtime and one of my personal favorites at the park. (Apollo’s Chariot) – 8.75/10

Griffon is my favorite coaster at the park but only slightly. The vertical drops are breathtaking and the overall ride is so fast and smooth. The wait is always really short too, I can get on the front seat in less than ten minutes on average. (Griffon) – 9/10

Alpengeist is my favorite B&M invert and definitely a great ride. I love it because of its speed, height, and most importantly how long it is. Still doesn’t quite compare to the other two though. (Alpengeist) – 8.25/10

Loch Ness is a great and somewhat smooth arrow looper that is quite enjoyable, much more so than Anaconda at Kings Dominion. (Loch Ness Monster) – 7/10

Last was Verbolten which I enjoyed very much and loved it especially for a family ride. It was pretty fast and exciting and the vertical drop track inside the “forest” was really cool. Great Ride. (Verbolten) – 8.25/10
Flat Rides

Curse of Darkastle – 8/10

Mach Tower - Closed

Escape from Pompeii – 7/10

Coasters

Skyrush in the front seat was the first ride of the day. I thought the coaster itself was amazing and the low to the ground layout provided tons of ejector airtime. Later in the day we rode in the back seat as well and we found it to be even better! But there were some problems, Intamin really screwed up on the trains, they sucked. Although I really enjoyed the winged seats, the restraints and headrests were really bad. The restraints weren’t comfortable in the first place and didn’t fit on your legs like the B&M megas do. As the ride blazed on they also seemed to tighten greatly with all of the G’s and made it very uncomfortable. Also the headrests were just flat and when you were riding, your head just kind of flopped all over the place. This was the result of poor designing, but overall I still enjoyed the coaster. (Skyrush) – 8.5/10

Great Bear is a pretty good invert but IMO it’s much too short and that makes it not really worth waiting for IMO. (Great Bear) – 7.5/10

Fahrenheit still remains my favorite ride at the park, if the lines weren’t so long I would ride it all day long. The whole ride is smooth and it offers some unique elements like the vertical lift and some cool inversions like the Norwegian loop. (Fahrenheit) – 8.75/10

Stormrunner is a great Intamin masterpiece! Its fast, smooth , and has a ton of unique elements including the flying snake dive. I love this ride in the ront seat and definitely one of the best in the entire park. (Stormrunner) – 8.5/10

Wildcat is a nice, rough, classic wooden coaster and its great. (Wildcat) – 7/10

Lightning Racer is a really cool wooden dueling set of coasters. I love how smooth it is and how cool all of the twisted track looks, one of my favorites. (Lightning Racer) – 7.5/10

Wild Mouse is probably my favorite wild mouse ever. Its pretty fun and it really whips you abound the bends and has some small little airtime hills as well. (Wild Mouse) – 7.5/10

Trailblazer is a boring little arrow mine train, but it’s a family ride so its whatever. (Trailblazer) – 6.5/10

Comet is a really nice ride and is quite terrifying on the lift because it’s not straight at all and at multiple points in the ride it feels like the train is coming off the track. Its so much fun though and has some great airtime moments. (Comet) – 7.5/10

We didn’t Ride Sidewinder or Sooper Dooper Looper but I know they are both good rides from past years. I did want to see how the Loopers new trains were though.

Flat Rides

The Claw is such a fun little ride there and if the wait isn’t too long, it’s definitely worth riding. (The Claw) – 7.5/10

This was some insight and some of my personal opinions of the rides I rode this summer, please leave a comment and tell me what your opinions are, I spend forever typing this up in Word.
Thanks,

-AsM

Comment!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#2 KahluaCoasters

KahluaCoasters

Rut Row!

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Great Review! Holy crap, now I can't wait to go to Kings Domion and Busch Gardens! I already went to hershey and Sooperdooperlooper's trains are soooo much better but you can't really see because of the Head rest on the seat in front of you, but when you are in the front it is awesome! In the back you get whipped! Also with the sidewinder the new trains are somewhat comfortable Because it's harness is like a seat belt so I pulls you back into your seat. But it is still fun. And once again great review!

#3 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Great! very amazing review! i wish i could go to all of this parks, very accurate description of all the parks

thumbs up for you :)

#4 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Great Review! Holy crap, now I can't wait to go to Kings Domion and Busch Gardens! I already went to hershey and Sooperdooperlooper's trains are soooo much better but you can't really see because of the Head rest on the seat in front of you, but when you are in the front it is awesome! In the back you get whipped! Also with the sidewinder the new trains are somewhat comfortable Because it's harness is like a seat belt so I pulls you back into your seat. But it is still fun. And once again great review!

Thank you! And I have ridden Sidewinder with the new Vekoma trains but I haven't ridden the Loopers new Gerstlauer trains. Thanks for telling me how they are though.

Great! very amazing review! i wish i could go to all of this parks, very accurate description of all the parks

thumbs up for you :)

Thanks Dude!

Can I get a few more comments ;)

Thanks,
-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#5 KahluaCoasters

KahluaCoasters

Rut Row!

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Do I count? Again? :D It was awesome!

#6 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

Thank you! And I have ridden Sidewinder with the new Vekoma trains but I haven't ridden the Loopers new Gerstlauer trains. Thanks for telling me how they are though.

Okay, well I have just lost some respect for Hershey Park.(More Schwarzkopf trains disappearing-aka Lazer's trains)
Great review. I can't agree with some of your ratings about Kings Dominion, so now I can't about BGE and Hershey. Did you ask about going to a park for the first time. I would of told you to go on Volcano first, I305, Dominator only after 3, Grizzly at night(better than the beast!, because the beast got some new lights). Anaconda anytime, flight of fear lots of times because the line is way shorter than at KI. Everything is just so easily comparable with Paramount, so that's why I'm doing it.

#7 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Do I count? Again? :D It was awesome!

Nope ;) but thanks anyway!

Okay, well I have just lost some respect for Hershey Park.(More Schwarzkopf trains disappearing-aka Lazer's trains)
Great review. I can't agree with some of your ratings about Kings Dominion, so now I can't about BGE and Hershey. Did you ask about going to a park for the first time. I would of told you to go on Volcano first, I305, Dominator only after 3, Grizzly at night(better than the beast!, because the beast got some new lights). Anaconda anytime, flight of fear lots of times because the line is way shorter than at KI. Everything is just so easily comparable with Paramount, so that's why I'm doing it.

Thank You, I'm actually looking at the bright side of Hershey's decision to get new trains. Sure the old trains were original with the coaster but at least they're not scrapping the whole ride or moving it somewhere else like many over the other Schwarzkopf loopers. I also imagine with the new trains and altered brakes that the entire ride experience would be improved.

Lets get even more comments ;)

Thanks,

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project(s):
Requiem