#2 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Contest: Time to Pack Up!
DB Entry: Mini Mad Tea Party - SSCoasters Rides Database
Construction: http://www.sscoaster...truction-14698/
Description: This ride is a memorable and well-known Disney attraction. I felt like it was time to make this available to be ridden around the world in an easy and transportable way. The ride itself is made up of many individual turntables that help to make the teapots themselves rotate around and around. When it comes to construction/deconstruction, the ride can be easily taken down in a matter of minutes and can be put back up in the same amount of time. With the simplicity of the turntable design I designed myself, the ride is more reliable than the real ride and can operate in the rain when traveling around to different events. However, due to that challenge of using gigantic turntables, it makes transportation more difficult than your average ride.

So you can vote for the typical funfair ride, or vote for the one that tried to pushed the boundaries of what can be considered "transportable rides".

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#3 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

Contest: Classics reborn

DB Entry: Fireball DB Entry

Construction Thread: Fireball Construction Thread

Description: For my Summerheat 2012 coaster I chose to recreate Coastercrazy10's Fireball. The layout is: Station, Prelift, Lift Hill, Rosebowl/Helix thing, Double Camelbacks Hills, Brake Run, Station. There is no final video because when I transported the coaster the top of the custom cars fell off and the chain dog fell out of the car. There was no possibility of a lift hill. Without the added speed from the lift hill, the train would have not made it over the top of the rosebowl.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#4 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

Contest: Airtime galore
Link Database:
Jimmy Neutron's Airtime Experience - SSCoasters Rides Database
Link Construction Thread:
http://www.sscoaster...al-video-14566/
Description:
Jimmy Neutrons Airtime Experience is a classic family based wooden coaster. The coaster has 10 moment's of airtime. And is just a blast to ride.

Posted Image

#5 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Link Database: Thunder Giant - SSCoasters Rides Database
Link Construction Thread: http://www.sscoaster...nt-recre-14583/
Description: Thunder Giant is a classic wooden coaster originally built in 2007 by TripleHelix. I rebuilt it in my own style!

Posted Image

#6 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Contest: Airtime Galore
Database: Tornado - SSCoasters Rides Database
Construction: http://www.sscoaster.../tornado-14515/
Description: Where to begin with this ride. What started out as a recreation of one of the oldest and still operating roller coasters, The Wildcat at Lake Compounce, quickly turned a corner into a custom woodie. I wanted to make it as realistic as possible with the supports while still maintaining strctural integrity to provide a long layout. The lateral supports I used, in my opinion, made it look much more realistic and also prevented the track and supports from swaying. Overall they were very successful. I wasn't planning on entering this in the contest but after about halfway through the layout I realized I could easily get 10 moments of aitime. So I went for it and this is what I came up with. A few parts are similar to Boulderdash, but most of it is my design, a "typical Fraggie woodie" as many of you have said. So there it is, my entry for the Airtime Galore.

Edit: V I lost now ):

#7 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

Please post your entry here in this thread as follows:

Contest: <Classics reborn / Airtime galore / Time to pack up>
Link: <link to database entry>
Link: <link to construction thread>
Description: <description of your ride>

The deadline is August 26th.

ENTRIES:
Time to Pack Up:
Mini Mad Tea Party
Foldable Ferris Wheel

Classics Reborn:
Fireball
Thunder Giant
Stunt Flight

Airtime Galore:
Jimmy Neutron's Airtime Experience
Tornado
Insurrection
Treecko's Mine Train Adventure

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#8 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Contest: Time to Pack Up!
DB Entry: Mini Mad Tea Party - SSCoasters Rides Database
Construction: http://www.sscoaster...truction-14698/
Description: This ride is a memorable and well-known Disney attraction. I felt like it was time to make this available to be ridden around the world in an easy and transportable way. The ride itself is made up of many individual turntables that help to make the teapots themselves rotate around and around. When it comes to construction/deconstruction, the ride can be easily taken down in a matter of minutes and can be put back up in the same amount of time. With the simplicity of the turntable design I designed myself, the ride is more reliable than the real ride and can operate in the rain when traveling around to different events. However, due to that challenge of using gigantic turntables, it makes transportation more difficult than your average ride.

So you can vote for the typical funfair ride, or vote for the one that tried to pushed the boundaries of what can be considered "transportable rides".

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#9 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

DB Entry: Fireball DB Entry

Construction Thread: Fireball Construction Thread

Description: For my Summerheat 2012 coaster I chose to recreate Coastercrazy10's Fireball. The layout is: Station, Prelift, Lift Hill, Rosebowl/Helix thing, Double Camelbacks Hills, Brake Run, Station. There is no final video because when I transported the coaster the top of the custom cars fell off and the chain dog fell out of the car. There was no possibility of a lift hill. Without the added speed from the lift hill, the train would have not made it over the top of the rosebowl.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#10 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

Link Database:
Jimmy Neutron's Airtime Experience - SSCoasters Rides Database
Link Construction Thread:
http://www.sscoaster...al-video-14566/
Description:
Jimmy Neutrons Airtime Experience is a classic family based wooden coaster. The coaster has 10 moment's of airtime. And is just a blast to ride.

Posted Image

#11 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Link Database: Thunder Giant - SSCoasters Rides Database
Link Construction Thread: http://www.sscoaster...nt-recre-14583/
Description: Thunder Giant is a classic wooden coaster originally built in 2007 by TripleHelix. I rebuilt it in my own style!

Posted Image

#12 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Contest: Airtime Galore
Database: Tornado - SSCoasters Rides Database
Construction: http://www.sscoaster.../tornado-14515/
Description: Where to begin with this ride. What started out as a recreation of one of the oldest and still operating roller coasters, The Wildcat at Lake Compounce, quickly turned a corner into a custom woodie. I wanted to make it as realistic as possible with the supports while still maintaining strctural integrity to provide a long layout. The lateral supports I used, in my opinion, made it look much more realistic and also prevented the track and supports from swaying. Overall they were very successful. I wasn't planning on entering this in the contest but after about halfway through the layout I realized I could easily get 10 moments of aitime. So I went for it and this is what I came up with. A few parts are similar to Boulderdash, but most of it is my design, a "typical Fraggie woodie" as many of you have said. So there it is, my entry for the Airtime Galore.

Edit: V I lost now ):

#13 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Database: Insurrection - SSCoasters Rides Database
Construction Thread: http://www.sscoaster...al-video-14459/
Description: Insurrection is a GCI wooden coaster that is intended to be market towards families, meaning it can provided an exciting ride for a wide range of people. The front offers a mildly intense ride with good floater airtime that gradually increases in intensity the farther you get towards the back of the train. There you will be ensured plently of lateral and negative g-forces, making for a crazy ride. With a height limit of only 48", it is airtime fun for the whole family!

#14 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Contest:Airtime Galore
Database:Treecko's Mine Train Adventure|Database Entree
Construction:Treecko's Mine Train Adventure Database Entree + Video
Description: This is My 3 coaster and it is a mine Train. It Features a tunnel, double lifts, and a few Turnaround Elements. You go into a tuning drop, a airhil, Turnaround trough tunnel, another airhil turn another airhill, second lift, turn, drop, double dip[?], turnaround, airhill, airhill, turnaround, zero-g airhill.It took almost all of my peices up and i hope i have a shot at winning. This coaster was a wild ride to make and I enjoyed it!

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

#15 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Contest: Time to pack up!
Database:
Foldable Ferris Wheel - SSCoasters Rides Database
Construction: http://www.sscoaster...ler-18-a-14638/
Description:
This is the ferris wheel I built for the Time to Pack Up! Contest in Summerheat 2012. The ride folds up really nicely into 2 trucks, and all the lifting is done by the truck/the wheel's support structure itself. Watch the setup video, and see for yourself!

-Suck.

#16 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

Contest: Classics Reborn!
Database:
Stunt Flight - SSCoasters Rides Database
Construction: http://www.sscoaster...pd-7-2-a-14562/
Description: Stunt Flight is my first successful coaster on the site. It was created for the Summer Heat "Classics Reborn!" contest and construction began around mid-June. It features an automatic drill-powered lift hill, an immelmann, a vertical loop, and zero-g roll, and a corkscrew, but was planned to have featured more elements such as theming, lighting, and other automation. Unfortunately, because of time, I had to give up these extras and rush the ending. However, I am still very pleased with my coaster, and it was a great comeback of my canceling streak.

Formally RK500

#17 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

So we end up with 2, 3 and 4 entries in the three separate contests. Is anyone still working on a ride that he wanted entered in Summer Heat?

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#18 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Mine was cancelled.:(