Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

Wow, we get sidetracked easily here...

We could restart the wood vs steel debate again? :P

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#22 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Or the wooden coaster discussion thread. :)

ANYWAYS! I saw in the preview video Morgan Wooden coaster trains. The ones people bitch about being crappy. Zis is not good news

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#23 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

^I'm glad to hear that. It looks like such a perfect coaster and i would absolutely hate to see it be uncomfortably rough.

On insane coaster wars,they said that they renovated this ride in 2011.

#24 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Or the wooden coaster discussion thread. :)

ANYWAYS! I saw in the preview video Morgan Wooden coaster trains. The ones people bitch about being crappy. Zis is not good news

They've stated on Outlaw Run's site that each car per train is gonna hold two riders. :)

But I swear, if they change that to Morgan trains.....

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#25 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

I would love to see Timberliners on that coaster, but they most likely will use Millennium Flyers. :|

EDIT: whaaa?

It’s fast, fearless and wild… just like the west.

Dare to board our stagecoach – a first-of-its-kind coaster vehicle, authentic in every detail and custom-built to keep you safe and comfy.

Then hang onto your hat as we drop you a hair-raising 162 feet almost straight down — 81° to be exact.

And if that’s not enough, you’ll be double-barrel rolled while traveling 80 feet uphill through Missouri’s picture-perfect Ozarks.

Take a look at the layout and some facts about this amazing coaster and its makers so you’re ready to catch the coach!

#26 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

^ Oh wait, now that just reminded me that (maybe) RMC is gonna make their own, custom trains.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#27 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

I would love to see Timberliners on that coaster, but they most likely will use Millennium Flyers.

As I said before, Gravity Group and GCI would never allow it. They have their own strict guidelines on the use of their trains, and they are the ones that oversee any changes to a ride if a park wishes to use their trains. I know for sure GCI is very strict about using Millennium Flyers on non GCI coasters, because it hasn't happened yet. I imagine GravityGroup would be the same.

Yes, RMC is making their own trains for this.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#28 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Amazing NoLimits recre that I found on youtube.

Posted Image

#29 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

^Dang, thats amazing. Who made it?

I wish I could download it.....

#30 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

If those airhills are taken at that kind of speed...I would cry of happiness.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#31 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Amazing NoLimits recre that I found on youtube.

Thats a pretty good recreation! This is gonna be one hell of a coaster!

#32 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

a barrel rol on a wooden coaster?

#33 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

^ It's not real wood.

SSCoasters Staff

#34 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

Very nice coaster we have here! :P

Posted Image

#35 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

^ It's not real wood.

Yes, it is real wood. Only the top two layers of wood in the track have been replaced with topper steel. The rest of the wood is just as important structurally.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#36 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

And that 2-3 layer thick steel still holds shape and strength better than any wood. I'll settle with hybrid, but I'm not considering it wood.

SSCoasters Staff

#37 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

And that 2-3 layer thick steel still holds shape and strength better than any wood. I'll settle with hybrid, but I'm not considering it wood.

Finally someone else who thinks that. I think it's almost like taking the New Texas Giant's track and putting it on a few layers of wood (prepare for bashing Max :P). I know it's only the top three layers, but I think that for it to be wooden track, the whole track has to be laminated wood.

Great coaster though. :)

#38 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Interesting fact, according to a TPR post: apparently Outlaw Run's double barrel roll's rotation is centered around the rider's head, not the heart.

Headlining?

#39 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Who thinks that Outlaw Run is a true woodie? I believe it is, seeing as how it only has topper track to smooth it out a bit. Iron Rattler and Texas Giant both have completely iron railings, and even their braces!

Formally RK500

#40 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Do we really want to bring this up again?

SSCoasters Staff