• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

^I wouldn't mind. ;)

Outlaw Run's construction is really hard to follow. The best you're going to get is from Google, and those are hard to date. Form the looks of it, they've really have done a lot and are building very quickly. I heard from a TPR that they should be testing by late December-early January.

EDIT: v In your face, disbelievers. :P

Formally RK500

#42 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Who thinks that Outlaw Run is a true woodie? I believe it is, seeing as how it only has topper track to smooth it out a bit. Iron Rattler and Texas Giant both have completely iron railings, and even their braces!

Outlaw Run is considered a woodie while the Texas Giant and the Iron Rattler are Hybrids/Steel coasters. Since OR only uses topper track it is fine but since TG and IR use steel track with wooden supports they are not true woodies. The Texas Giant was voted one of the best steel coasters in the states so I'd say this is the final verdict.

#43 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Outlaw Run's most recent construction update:
Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread - Page 155 - Theme Park Review

Looks like all the track is now in place. All that is needed to to get the mechanics installed on some parts (chains, tires, etc.) and it'll be runnable, atleast in a way.

Out of all the photos, this one was the craziest:

Posted Image

I can't wait to ride it next year, as my family were ready planning on taking a vacation to Branson before his was announced. What luck! :P

Formally RK500

#44 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

this thing looks amazing.............. especially in the back seat....... :)

#45 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Notice they said the chain wouldn't be installed until after Christmas. Looks like no early testing for us.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#46 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

That 90 bank looks insane. I wanna ride this thing so bad.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#47 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Wow this ride is going to,he intense and fun!!!

#48 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

#49 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Oh, how I would love to ride that! Too bad I live in Baltimore and won't be going any time soon.

#50 -Saam-

-Saam-

-

• 192 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Best animation ever. Period.

:P

Anyway, I'm glad to say I only live 3 hours from this. I'm heading out in late November to see how construction is going. I can't wait for next year!

#51 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Interesting fact, according to a TPR post: apparently Outlaw Run's double barrel roll's rotation is centered around the rider's head, not the heart.

Headlining?

#52 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Who thinks that Outlaw Run is a true woodie? I believe it is, seeing as how it only has topper track to smooth it out a bit. Iron Rattler and Texas Giant both have completely iron railings, and even their braces!

Formally RK500

#53 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Do we really want to bring this up again?

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#54 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

^I wouldn't mind. ;)

Outlaw Run's construction is really hard to follow. The best you're going to get is from Google, and those are hard to date. Form the looks of it, they've really have done a lot and are building very quickly. I heard from a TPR that they should be testing by late December-early January.

EDIT: v In your face, disbelievers. :P

Formally RK500

#55 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Outlaw Run is considered a woodie while the Texas Giant and the Iron Rattler are Hybrids/Steel coasters. Since OR only uses topper track it is fine but since TG and IR use steel track with wooden supports they are not true woodies. The Texas Giant was voted one of the best steel coasters in the states so I'd say this is the final verdict.

#56 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Outlaw Run's most recent construction update:
Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread - Page 155 - Theme Park Review

Looks like all the track is now in place. All that is needed to to get the mechanics installed on some parts (chains, tires, etc.) and it'll be runnable, atleast in a way.

Out of all the photos, this one was the craziest:

Posted Image

I can't wait to ride it next year, as my family were ready planning on taking a vacation to Branson before his was announced. What luck! :P

Formally RK500

#57 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

this thing looks amazing.............. especially in the back seat....... :)

#58 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Notice they said the chain wouldn't be installed until after Christmas. Looks like no early testing for us.

SSCoasters Staff

#59 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

That 90 bank looks insane. I wanna ride this thing so bad.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#60 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Wow this ride is going to,he intense and fun!!!