Giga Coaster, Knott's Berry Farm, 2013/14? (Rumor)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

Never really seen an Intamin with exceptional reliability. Seem to be a maintenance nightmare and break down daily.

#22 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Most of Intamins accidents involve rider, ride operator, or maintenance stupidity/oversight. Perilous plunge, Ride of Steel, Kentucky Kingdoms Drop Tower, and the Hopi Hari incidents are probably the most obvious.

That's absolutely correct. At the same time, all these rides have Intamin's name on it. As an engineering firm, part of their job is to prevent rider error, operator error, maintenance woes, oversight, etc through design. It's kind of like how people file suit against McDonald's because they spilled their coffee and burned themselves. Going back to my last post, basically every design error was corrected before the rides opened or soon after, depending on the severity of the issue. As for the rest, you're right that it isn't 100% Intamin's fault. They still need to do a better job covering their asses though.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#23 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

So back to the coaster. How in the hell do they expect to fit the thing in Knott's?

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#24 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with Maxwell on that point. Not to mention, Perilous Plunge is the only ride that has to be removed in order for this giga to be built.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#25 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

The Perilous Plunge spot will obviously house the station, brake run, and storage shed. But that's too far from the parking lot for them to use it significantly. Maybe they'll do the same thing as Silver Bullet and raise the entire layout so even the pullouts are above the pathways.

#26 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

If the station area starts where Perilous is, the lifthill can go towards the parking lot and then the ride can change direction and head towards Ghostrider.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#27 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Sorry to go back to the Intamin vs. B&M, but I feel strongly in favor of B&M when it comes to hyper/giga coasters. Not that I have ridden a ton from either company, but from what I have ridden, I would choose Diamondback as my favorite over Millennium force or coasters from other companies (SoB, Goliath at SFMM, Magnum). Some of you guys did mention that MF was not amazing, so I'll take into consideration that I305 or Skyrush might be better, but for now, I will stand my ground. I will agree that I do like Intamin's experimenting with new concepts, Maverick, TTD, and Xcelerator are all very amazing rides.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]