Morey's Piers GCI 2015

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

Construction hasn't started but here is the coaster. It will go under Surf Side pier then have a bridge in between and continue on to Hunts. When it comes off Hunts it will go back under Surf Side and finish. The lift and drop will be right next to the pier, but the station will be on it.

Station
Posted Image

Pier transfer
Posted Image
lift/drop
https://mail-attachm...aaHQkXSS0RJQ2l8
https://mail-attachm...rsaHI4&sadssc=1
https://mail-attachm...GFgLIq0G8kNZ_rI

Edited by N C c o a s t e r, 21 January 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#2 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

I'm digging those lift supports. Now I've found a way to conserve wooden coaster pieces without people bitching that it's unrealistic.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#3 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

Please please please please be ready for senior week pleeassseeeeee
EDIT: I dug up some more pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Ah! I'm so excited! My god-parent's beach house is on the street right in between those 2 piers! This will be probably the coolest coaster they'll have. Nor'Eastern is great, but this will definitely top that (duh, it's a Vekoma cut-out). I can't get over how cool it looks, how the lift hill supports are, and how they're going to build a cable-bridge over the non-pier section. That will be something to see when it's completed.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#5 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

That looks very exciting! I love the use of the bridge in between the two pier sections. Very creative!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#6 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

^Yes, that bridge, so cool!

Posted Image

#7 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

The bridge is, indeed, very cool! Any of you have an idea why they don't use a full wooden construction for the lifthill??

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#8 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

^ Because putting full wooden supports is too mainstream. :P

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#9 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

The bridge is, indeed, very cool! Any of you have an idea why they don't use a full wooden construction for the lifthill??

-=Tk=-

Probably 1 of two reasons.

1. Full wooden supports would block a view of something, or they think it looks better that way. I like it. I think it looks cool.

2. The park does not have enough money to fully support the lifthill with wood.

#10 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Probably 1 of two reasons.

1. Full wooden supports would block a view of something, or they think it looks better that way. I like it. I think it looks cool.

2. The park does not have enough money to fully support the lifthill with wood.

I disagree. That open section is heavily used to get onto the beach (My family and lots of others use it when we go). Going full wood there would make that difficult and hard to get through. Besides, it looks really cool.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#11 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

I disagree. That open section is heavily used to get onto the beach (My family and lots of others use it when we go). Going full wood there would make that difficult and hard to get through. Besides, it looks really cool.

Thanks for telling me that. I've never been there so I wouldn't know.

It's going to be sweet to walk directly under the coaster and all of it's supports. There must be some kind of tarp underneath the track though because the chain might drip lubrication.

I agree with you that it looks cool. I might use that technique on one of my wooden coasters to conserve pieces.

#12 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

110 feet tall, 50+ mph, 3,100 ft long, $10-12 million
Jack Morey prefers the name "Wildwoody"
Will Morey prefers the name "Boardwalk Flyer" Don't count on any of these names to be the real one.

Posted Image
Station
Posted Image
Posted Image
There are more steel supports
Posted Image
At least it is going to turn a little bit under the boardwalk, left to right, I don't know how much.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Maybe they use the steel supports on the lift because it will be easier for whatever way they put it into the sand. No matter what, something is going to be put deep into the sand.