iggfish knex looper sexy spaghetti

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 iggfish123

iggfish123

0+0=0

• 1158 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

Just a verbal update since you guys probably expect me to be doing this really fast.
I've been working on the zero g roll still, since I decided to remove the small right turn before the roll. I ended up re-doing the entire thing from scratch. However, I basically ended up screwing up and I only made the roll 1 granite shorter than the drop, including the predrop...so yeah I'm gonna have to go and make it another granite shorter...LOL. I didn't test it, but I doubt it'll ever work...ahahaha. So anyways I'll try to get an update by the end of this week if I don't have too much schoolwork.

FF.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/IggFish123

Nothing turns a girl on more than telling them you are in a company on K'nex website 

#42 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

Originally it looked good. Because you're changing the zero g roll I'll say that the first drop is nicely shaped and well supported but I'll need to wait and see how the roll turns out before I can judge the transition. If you build it in a similar way to the first one and fix the height issue, it should look great. Until then I can say I look forward to more.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#43 iggfish123

iggfish123

0+0=0

• 1158 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Bored of loops. Hyper's are where it's at.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Be harsh. Helix is next.

FF.png

Nothing turns a girl on more than telling them you are in a company on K'nex website 

#44 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

OMG, That's epic !
For the name, I suggest "Son Of Balrog".
It's so beautiful ! :o

#45 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I love the combination of boxes and tubes you're using on this coaster. The track-strengtheners however, cause some bumps on the airhill.

Posted Image

#46 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Haha, inspired by Balrog??

Looks good, but you might want to change the supports, I eould like tonser some more variation instead of A-frames only. That would make the coaster look better IMO.

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#47 iggfish123

iggfish123

0+0=0

• 1158 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

^What kind of variation would you want to see? If you want, try drawing in the supports in like paint or something and I could see what i can do? i'm just going for strength so far.

FF.png

#48 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

damm this is awesome for your first tube supported

#49 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

Definitely like the combination of tubes and boxes on this. Shaping isn't bad either, but there are a couple bumps like Helmut said.

#50 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

I agree that you're going for strength right now. It is just better to get all the technical areas out of the way before you go for looks later. The combination of tubes and boxes is making this very strong and the pacing in the video looks pretty good. Others above have noted the track strengtheners causing bumps. I'm just wondering how much of a difference they would actually make as you're connecting the track to the structure so much. If they do make a difference then keep them and fix the shaping the best you can but I'm not sure they're needed on top of the air hills.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#51 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Sweet! The supporting looks great, and the overbank looks very nice too. As for those bumps, there are some minor ones on the camelback, one about an inch to the left of the top and one 2 blue rods to the right. It looks more like the track strengtheners have bumps rather than the track itself though. Looking forwards to that helix (upwards, I'm assuming).

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#52 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Looks good so far and smooth keep it up!

#53 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing the overbank being a little more overbanked. Make it 135... that'd look much better. Everything else looks nice as always.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#54 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

[iggfish123] 6:27 pm: just
[iggfish123] 6:27 pm: someone go draw on my pictures
Posted Image

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#55 iggfish123

iggfish123

0+0=0

• 1158 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

^Thanks <33333
Meanwhile, I'm gonna move on for now. I can always go back and change the supports, which i most likely will. I'll try to bank the overbank a little more, but if I can't it wont bother me cause it is still banked more than 90 degrees, so no big problems.

FF.png

#56 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

^^ Nice one scotty

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#57 iggfish123

iggfish123

0+0=0

• 1158 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

I don't feel like taking pics for a picture update, so this should suffice until I completely finish the second overbank. I decided to do the overbank instead of a helix to maintain more speed. I also thought it fit in better with the layout.

FF.png

#58 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

30 seconds to Mars FTW !
Good overbank but it hasn't tubes supports ;)

#59 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Looks great so far. Pacing looks excellent.

Tyndrum

#60 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

Looks good from what I can see. Any layout ideas so far?

Posted Image