• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Coaster Dynamix Floorless
I already started a thread for this coaster but I deleted that so here is the new one.
8 car Hydra train with metal wheels, another one is coming soon.

If you see the long thin wood pieces those are for the railing on the lift.
I have no idea how long it will take me to finish this or what I want the layout to be like. Maybe you guys can draw some pictures for what you want the layout to be.

Edited by N C c o a s t e r, 23 May 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#2 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

I thought the Hydra cars were a static model? I've always wanted to purchase a few CD models and just make a coaster as a break from K'Nex every once in a while ( and it wouldn't hurt as much to make tube supports :P ). I like it so far, however, if you are using the Hyrda cars on this coaster, I suggest making that prelift turn banked and like a dip than a normal turn.

Not to digress either, but I would love to see some wing-designed trains by CD, like Furious Baco, X-Flight, and Skyrush.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#3 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

^The statix trains work on the regular track if you replace the top plastic wheels with metal wheels. I got those wheels from coastershop.de which sells lots of separate coasterdynamix pieces. I probably will change the beginning of the coaster to something more exciting.
I will try to design winged cars if not a wing coaster sometime in the future.

#4 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Pretty good work there. When do you plan to have your lift finished?

#5 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

These are not the final supports!

Edited by N C c o a s t e r, 23 May 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#6 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Looks like a nice smooth drop to me. And the supports look great underneath. Good start. The Hydra train suits the ride.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bobsled, disney, matterhorn, mountain