• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hello all!

So now that Helmut is staying at Jumpge's place, we have been building a roller coaster. Jumpge already started with building before Helmut arrived and a lot of progress has already been made.

Jumpge- The trees are green.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Helmut- So I built the drop, turn, stengel-dive-thingy and the heartline roll on this coaster since I came here. Water is blue.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Overviews
Posted Image
Posted Image

:D:D:D

Posted Image

#2 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

EPIC! Is Helmut really at Jumpge's house? It's like 6 hours of plane ride, it's hard to believe he's there for real :P

Posted Image

#3 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

The coaster is looking great so far! You guys should take a pic together building it! Also you should support that one inversion a bit more on the top and some of the shaping needs a bit of touching up but other than that it is looking fine.

#4 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

EPIC! Is Helmut really at Jumpge's house? It's like 6 hours of plane ride, it's hard to believe he's there for real :P

Haha, I tink so too, it's really hard to believe that he is actually there :). Guys, this is looking great, I'm going to have a hard job figuring out who has built what ;)!

Posted Image

#5 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

this is saweet!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

One word... CRAZY!!! :P

Posted Image

#7 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

It took a while before i did get how the track goes. BUT!!! IT IS AWESOME!! Great work :)

-Joost

#8 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

Jumpge & Helmer working together. This coaster is already looking awesome. I like that I had to look at three different pictures to figure out the layout so far. It reminds me a lot of Maverick with the lift and launch there.

I like the 7th picture, the stengel thingy into the jr snake dive thingy. *points* That's cool.

This is going to be a sweet ride.

#9 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

That's awesome! I love that element after the drop, how it's like a stengel, but then a roll. You guys build way to fast BTW:/ Also, what are those weird sentences for?

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#10 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

It's of a similar style to maverick but most importantly, it's not maverick. It's better. Everything looks great and when it's tidied up and completed, it'll be epic.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#11 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

Looks very nice! Both coasters are perfectly shaped, I love it!

I do not like the roll after the stengel. Since the track turns twice in the opposite direction, it ruins the flow of the coaster.

The S&S launcher (what I assume) looks really good too! Only the pull-out of the hill underneath the tophat has a few sharp and straight spots, fix them please :)

Very nice coasters so far! :)

EDIT: Just realized that it is one coaster (eek) Now it's even more awesome! I also like how the launch is in opposite direction of the lift, instead of going with the lift's direction!

#12 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

WOAH!!!!!!

I thought you guys were joking about Helmut going over to the US. I'm so glad it happened. That looks awesome! :D

#13 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

So you are telling me that a Dutchie is spending some time at an American's home to build a coaster? Crazy awesome. Helmut, is there anything else that brings you to the states, or are you just crazy? :)

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#14 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

[quote name='JPCoaster']EPIC! Is Helmut really at Jumpge's house? It's like 6 hours of plane ride, it's hard to believe he's there for real :P[/QUOTE]
Well, he was here a week ago. :(

[quote name='Zem']The coaster is looking great so far! You guys should take a pic together building it! Also you should support that one inversion a bit more on the top and some of the shaping needs a bit of touching up but other than that it is looking fine.[/QUOTE]
Hey thanks!

[quote name='maarten12']Haha, I tink so too, it's really hard to believe that he is actually there :). Guys, this is looking great, I'm going to have a hard job figuring out who has built what ;)![/QUOTE]
It's very tough to comprehend that he was here, but one heck of a trip it was! It was super cool to build and ride coasters. :D

[quote name='ickus305']this is saweet!![/QUOTE]
Awwww yeaaa.

[quote name='MrRemcoStyle']One word... CRAZY!!! :P[/QUOTE]
AWESOME! Thanks man!

[quote name='Joost12']It took a while before i did get how the track goes. BUT!!! IT IS AWESOME!! Great work :)

-Joost[/QUOTE]
It's still tough to look through the mess of track and figure out the layout. Thanks!

[quote name='The Stig']Jumpge & Helmer working together. This coaster is already looking awesome. I like that I had to look at three different pictures to figure out the layout so far. It reminds me a lot of Maverick with the lift and launch there.

I like the 7th picture, the stengel thingy into the jr snake dive thingy. *points* That's cool.

This is going to be a sweet ride.[/QUOTE]
It was tough to figure out a layout for the compact space, but Helmer did a fantastic job at that. We did adjust it a lot from the original plan to fit the space I have, but I think we did a good job at it.
Thanks!

[quote name='Knexrule11']That's awesome! I love that element after the drop, how it's like a stengel, but then a roll. You guys build way to fast BTW:/ Also, what are those weird sentences for?[/QUOTE]
Thanks! And those words were for an extra little flavor with the update, and also because we were both laughing and saying random stuff that night. :P

[quote name='CW5X']It's of a similar style to maverick but most importantly, it's not maverick. It's better. Everything looks great and when it's tidied up and completed, it'll be epic.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! That means a lot!

[quote name='RNB']Looks very nice! Both coasters are perfectly shaped, I love it!

I do not like the roll after the stengel. Since the track turns twice in the opposite direction, it ruins the flow of the coaster.

The S&S launcher (what I assume) looks really good too! Only the pull-out of the hill underneath the tophat has a few sharp and straight spots, fix them please :)

Very nice coasters so far! :)

EDIT: Just realized that it is one coaster (eek) Now it's even more awesome! I also like how the launch is in opposite direction of the lift, instead of going with the lift's direction![/QUOTE]
Okay awesome! Thanks!

[quote name='tornado96']WOAH!!!!!!

I thought you guys were joking about Helmut going over to the US. I'm so glad it happened. That looks awesome! :D[/QUOTE]
No, he was here and it was super awesome! Thanks!

[quote name='alpal']So you are telling me that a Dutchie is spending some time at an American's home to build a coaster? Crazy awesome. Helmut, is there anything else that brings you to the states, or are you just crazy? :)[/QUOTE]
It was pretty crazy for him to get over here, but it was worth all the effort as you can see!

Long time no see (or at least to me it seems it)! I think this is the longest I've gone without updating in a long time!

With all that time in between the update both of us built a lot (Helmer actually built more than I did!), then after Helmer left the US, I got working right away and made quite a lot of progress over the past week. Now, to share it with all of you guys!

First, an overview so you guys can figure out where the track goes
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Helmer built this part after the last update
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then I continued on to connect the track to the launch
Posted Image
Posted Image

And yesterday I completed the launch
Posted ImagePosted Imagewh

Here is comes out into a turn
Posted Image

Then goes over the top hat into a turn then the buckle
Posted Image

And as you can see, I also worked on the station
Posted Image

The mess of track around that area which has eliminate due opening my closet
Posted Image

Station fly through? FIXED- Underground station fly through :D
Posted Image

This is the part where I am supposed to say something cool about looking forwards to the next update which will come soon or stuff going on with the coaster. So... I got the launch working and need to put chain on the lift and station area(s), so after that then the coaster is actually done. I'll update next whenever I feel it is necessary to show you guys some cool progress made, so hopefully that will be soon.

Peace off, BOOP!

Posted Image

#15 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Very, very nice. Its incredible how much track you squeezed in that small area. I'm looking forward to seeing it run.

#16 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Wow. This ride is just so good I have nothing negative to comment about.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#17 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

This looks awesome I want to see a test run of this coaster!

#18 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

Wow, I'm nearly speechless. This coaster is amazing in every aspect of it, I mean, I just cannot describe how I feel for this thing. Everything was just so spot on; the automation looks promising, the supports look nice, and the shaping looks smoother than any other blitz coaster I've seem up to date.

But there is one thing that I do not like; I do like the straight hill over the first drop, I think that it would look better if it was an airhill. You probably have it this way for a reason, but either way, it's just a little misplaced. Also, can we have a test video (and not a fake on like what you gave me on AIM)?

LOL, my mom complains about how Stunt Flight block the door to the attic. That isn't anything compared to how this one blocks the room! XD

Formally RK500

#19 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

^It's a brake-run. Jumpge, can you add some catwalks next to the brake-run?

A miracle how everything fitted in so well! I really like the result. ;)

Posted Image

#20 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Dude, that is truly incredibly and even harder to believe that Helmut has worked on this one too :)! I noticed you got a station fly under xD.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blitzkrieg jumpge helmut