euro fighter eurofighter rage recreation zem

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hey guys right when coastergeek987 joined ssc he tried to recreate the famous scorpion roller coaster at Busch Gardens Tampa but he had to cancel the coaster after the loop from pieces and speed. So after taking down HRRR I thought the other Floridan builder should give it a try and I've been on this coaster plenty of times in all the rows before So the lift is 6 feet tall and 15 granite rods high this is by far the best sturdy lift I've made and my first tube supported lift and coaster it will be automated too. This how high the coaster is going to be too! So enjoy the pictures and I'll try to get an update with the lift working and tubing on tomorrow!

Please Comment!
The lift it has a sturdy backbone too from Jogumpie's looping star coaster!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

That is one sexy looking lift hill! I love it so far! And I finished the turn around after the lift then I ran out of cross ties. I ope it doesn't shake too much, and I expect to see an update tomorrow with the motors pulling the train up the lift! It's a great start!
EDIT. it looks like I made mine about 3/4ths of the way tall. Maybe half!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#3 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Um... not to be a let down, but I think that it might just be a little too tall. You may end up off-scale at the end unless you lower the lift a tad.

Also, how many x-ties are you using per rod (XTPR)? On the lift, you don't need to go with the same XTPR count as you do with the rest of the track, especially when you have that many. I normally use 7 XTPR, and 5 XTPR with grey clips to connect the segments.

My hands are getting to tired, so lets just say that's its nice and leave it there. I don't think that going into details would give my hands a break. XD

Formally RK500

#4 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Put lower X-ties on the lift it's useless. ;)

#5 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Well if he's got the x ties. Then I don't see why he shouldn't. It looks better and it probably stronger^

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#6 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

You may end up off-scale at the end unless you lower the lift a tad.

I don't mind as long as everything else is in proportion. Balrog is a great example.
I'd rather you go too big than not big enough.
The spine and supports look good and strong ;)

#7 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Maybe horizontal tubes on the tubes of the lift ;)

#8 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Put lower X-ties on the lift it's useless. ;)

I wouldn't because it looks cool, he might have lots of x-ties, and for me it made my roller coaster straighter in the parts that need to be straight.

#9 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

In the discussion about x-ties on the lift hill, anything that lowers resistance on the lift hill is a good thing as long as you have the pieces. If it turns out you don't, (which after building HRRR I sincerely doubt) you can alway take some off. That is one good lift hill there. I look forward to seeing the rest of this coaster coming together.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#10 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I have a question: How did you connect the backbone together? I've tried some things but they didn't work good. I may use it for my little coaster that's for school.

#11 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

^You've just have to mess around with it. If you want, I can send you some photos of Stunt Flight's (which is still standing and have now just gotten around to filming =/)

Formally RK500

#12 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

^ Can you please. I need to know how for my upcoming school coaster project. There will be more details when I make the thread.

That is going to be a awesome coaster man. Keep up the great work.

#13 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Loos very good so far. Real sturdy. Are you going to use the blue boxed supports with tubes like iggfish is and like Gump did on Balrog?

#14 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

this looks good so far, the tubing and shaping of the x-ties look nice. keep it up.

#15 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

[quote name='Micro Mike 21']this looks good so far, the tubing and shaping of the x-ties look nice. keep it up.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

[quote name='Fraggie']Loos very good so far. Real sturdy. Are you going to use the blue boxed supports with tubes like iggfish is and like Gump did on Balrog?[/QUOTE]I'm using a granite rod base I don't have enough blue rids to make a huge base like they did I will use the same tube supports as they did too!

That is going to be a awesome coaster man. Keep up the great work.[/QUOTE]
Thank you!

[quote name='timonator']I have a question: How did you connect the backbone together? I've tried some things but they didn't work good. I may use it for my little coaster that's for school.[/QUOTE] Just use two 90 degree connectors and a small gray rods and a black clip and connect it to the tubes and backbone!

[quote name='CW5X']In the discussion about x-ties on the lift hill, anything that lowers resistance on the lift hill is a good thing as long as you have the pieces. If it turns out you don't, (which after building HRRR I sincerely doubt) you can alway take some off. That is one good lift hill there. I look forward to seeing the rest of this coaster coming together.[/QUOTE]
Thanks I have 1348 green x ties btw!
[quote name='roidurct3']Maybe horizontal tubes on the tubes of the lift ;)[/QUOTE]
No the real scorpion ride has diagonal tubes, I'm riding the ride tomorrow!

[quote name='The Stig']I don't mind as long as everything else is in proportion. Balrog is a great example.
I'd rather you go too big than not big enough.
The spine and supports look good and strong ;)[/QUOTE]
Yep and thanks!
[quote name='CoasterGeek987']Well if he's got the x ties. Then I don't see why he shouldn't. It looks better and it probably stronger^[/QUOTE]
Ya definelty me too!

[quote name='roidurct3']Put lower X-ties on the lift it's useless. ;)[/QUOTE]
No it will make the track stronger and I can save speed too throughout the layout!
[quote name='RollerKid500']Um... not to be a let down, but I think that it might just be a little too tall. You may end up off-scale at the end unless you lower the lift a tad.

Also, how many x-ties are you using per rod (XTPR)? On the lift, you don't need to go with the same XTPR count as you do with the rest of the track, especially when you have that many. I normally use 7 XTPR, and 5 XTPR with grey clips to connect the segments.

My hands are getting to tired, so lets just say that's its nice and leave it there. I don't think that going into details would give my hands a break. XD[/QUOTE]
I'm doing 7 x ties per rod and I lowered the lift by a granite rod, I think it looks much better now!

[quote name='CoasterGeek987']That is one sexy looking lift hill! I love it so far! And I finished the turn around after the lift then I ran out of cross ties. I ope it doesn't shake too much, and I expect to see an update tomorrow with the motors pulling the train up the lift! It's a great start!
EDIT. it looks like I made mine about 3/4ths of the way tall. Maybe half![/QUOTE]
Ya I noticed that to and thanks!

Ok guys here's the next update so far I lowered the lift and tubes supports by a granite rod and I think it looks much better now I also finished setting up the motors to get the lift working and it pulls the train up perfectly I also added a second chain dog to the first row of the last car like jogumpie did on looping start is it can give it a push over the turn which I'll build next I'm going to use the same tube supports as the real ride does. I know the two highest tube supports look close to each other but they're supposed to be like that and the last tube support is turning at a small angle too! I'm also going on this ride tomorrow so I'll get tons of information on how this coaster is and looks btw! Enjoy the pictures and test video and have a great rest of your day! There are three 12v motors running the lift two motors couldn't pull it up because the train was to heavy and is unweighted too but that wont play an effect in this coaster because it's so high now!

Please comment!

Overview so far I added the tubing too!
Posted Image
The small straight part after the lift on scorpion where the train slows down at the top for the few for a second until it goes to the drop!
Posted Image
How the chain fits through the backbone tightly!
Posted Image
The motor configuration I don't know why my motors face the same way on top of each other but hey the all work together in the same direction nicely so I don't car and it looks better that way to I think!
Posted Image
The tension well under the lift at the bottom
Posted Image
The second chain dog in the first row of the last car to push it over the lift!
Posted Image

#16 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Nice, what I would do is put another gear near the gear that turns to take the train up the lift, so there is more surface area on the gear where the chain touches it. Right now, it seems like it would fail easily. Also, is the train weighted? Other than that, no more ciritism from me! Just make the drop super smooth!

#17 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

Wow, that's one smooth lift!
Make sure that this build is epic with a lift that size. I know you're capable of doing so. :)

Posted Image

#18 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

The lift is really smooth and quiet.
SCM approved. (thumbsup)
However, I don't like that sharp spot on the crest, any way to fix that?

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#19 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Ha, cool. This was the only coaster I missed out on when I was at BGT.

I like it , but please fixx the sharp/bump spot on the crest.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#20 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Nice, what I would do is put another gear near the gear that turns to take the train up the lift, so there is more surface area on the gear where the chain touches it. Right now, it seems like it would fail easily. Also, is the train weighted? Other than that, no more ciritism from me! Just make the drop super smooth!

The trains aren't weighted and the drop is super smooth btw!!!

Wow, that's one smooth lift!
Make sure that this build is epic with a lift that size. I know you're capable of doing so. :)

Thanks, I know I can!

The lift is really smooth and quiet.
SCM approved. (thumbsup)
However, I don't like that sharp spot on the crest, any way to fix that?

Thanks I fixed the sharp spot on the crest now I need jogumpie to approve it!!!

Ha, cool. This was the only coaster I missed out on when I was at BGT.

I like it , but please fixx the sharp/bump spot on the crest.

Oh this coaster is short, small, forceful with g's, and fast!!! I fixed the sharp spot on the crest btw!

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while I've been very busy with school and such but there's the long awaited and anticipated update you guys have been waiting for. So far I finished the drop and this is by far my that I've made from the smoothness point. Also, this took tons of effort to do and is totally tube supported and is my first tube supported drop ever! I layered by track strengtheners in there different ways with a granite three way 90 degree connectors on both sides of the track. I'll try to get the hug loop done today that will have the same loop structure as jogumpie's looping star ride recreation So enjoy the pics and test video and have a great rest of your day! I'm going to BGT in 6 days with coastergeek987 so I'll defiantly ride this ride many times with him and get the supports down pat and how they go.

The overview
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The test video!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: euro fighter, eurofighter, rage, recreation, zem