?your best moments of the year?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hello everybody! Sadly the rollercoaster season is over (depressing, isnt it?) and it has been a great year, new rides all over the world and some of us discovered new Theme parks to go to. But what were your BEST Theme park related moments of the year? Your favorite rollercoaster? your favourite park? What are you going to do next year?

This year i've been to Europa Park! This has to be one of the largest Theme parks in Europe. I had a great time there and i hope we're going again soon.
Next year we're going to spain :D Finally i can go to Port Aventura! Furious baco, Dragon Khan, etc...
If i'm lucky we'll even go to Thorpe Park :D

What were your top moments? What will probably be your best moment next year?

I can't wait for next year!

(I guess the rollercoaster season isnt over in Australia, but don't mind telling us what you've done so far!)

wardcc-2.png

#2 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Parc Asterix was great this year. Oziris is a great coaster! The entire trip was awesome and I was very lucky to have Gump and Maarten to go too!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Definitely best moment for me was using the single riders queue at Alton Towers and chain riding Nemesis. Not often you get 10 rides in an hour at a park or ride like that and I'm not exaggerating that number. Managed to go there twice in two months as well which was nice.
Best moment next year: hopefully meeting up with ^, Gump, Micro and the Mog at Drayton manor. Should be really good.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#4 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Using flash pass to get on all the coasters at SFMM in one day. Oh, and getting stuck at the top of Lex Luthor 2 days after it opened. Also rode Kingda Ka for the first time. I got on 6 times in one day (flash pass again). what a blast! I also went to BGW and my friend almost lost his phone on Verbolten. The person behind us found us in line for Mach Tower and gave it back! Talk about a miracle...

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#5 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

^ha that reminds me of something that happened to me once,
some dude behind us took a plastic bottle of soda in a looping coaster (so stupid) and in the loop he dropped it, don't ask me how, but somehow it landed on my head and got stuck in the restraints. It was hillarious to give the bottle back at the end, i got a mild head-ache though :P

wardcc-2.png

#6 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

getting a behind the scenes tour at bellewaerde new construction site and there boomerang and a lot of flat ride

#7 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Riding Behemoth and Leviathan back seat.

Quite amazing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#8 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I almost caught someone's hat on Thunder Road a few years back. It was just an inch out of reach though.

This year really wasn't anything special for me. Just the usual KI whenever I want, one CP trip, and a KD visit during family vacation. KD could count, except it's the 4th time I've been in 3 years (2010 family vacation, '10 coaster trip, '11 weekend trip w/ GF, '12 family vacation).

But I get to kick off the new year with a revisit to Orlando, a vacation with Laurel with both halves of Universal and Sea World. And for the summer, Holiday World seems like a sure trip this year (but I've said that every year since they were supposed to add the Timberliners...) and at least two CP trips.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#9 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

My best trip this year was with Jumpge to Hershey! Other great trips were Holiday Park and Europapark with Maarten. ;)

Posted Image

#10 NFC

NFC

Construction Foreman

• 148 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

The best moment of this year was when I went to Cedar Point and rode the Top Thrill Dragster for the first time. It was a totally amazing ride. I loved it and I want to ride it again next year.

#11 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Cedar Point was all I got to go to this year, (I know poor me) first time I went alone and rode 12 rides in 3 hours before I had to go back home for swim practice. I'm very much looking forward to having an entire day like that this coming May when i come home from college and having Gatekeeper all to myself.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#12 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

A lot happened this year. Got free fastlane from strangers even though I hate it, friend caught somebody's keys on Maverick, rode Millennium Force 28 times in a month, on 3 consecutive weekends my ride count was 8MF, then 10 MF and 10 TTD, then 10 MF and 10 Magnum, SKYRUSH, watching Disaster Transport come down, ERT on Millennium Force on the last trip of the season, dropping my phone off of Mean Streak, making fun of the crapfest of horrible song covers that is Luminosity, messing with ride operators...

#13 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

A lot happened this year. Got free fastlane from strangers even though I hate it, friend caught somebody's keys on Maverick, rode Millennium Force 28 times in a month, on 3 consecutive weekends my ride count was 8MF, then 10 MF and 10 TTD, then 10 MF and 10 Magnum, SKYRUSH, watching Disaster Transport come down, ERT on Millennium Force on the last trip of the season, dropping my phone off of Mean Streak, making fun of the crapfest of horrible song covers that is Luminosity, messing with ride operators...

Messing with the operators, in what way?

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

#14 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Basically it came down to asking stupid questions and statements. My friend would act like an uninformed idiot and ask if Magnum was new or about the number of people who died on Power Tower on a scale of 1 to 10.

#15 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Wow... not cool.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#16 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

My best memory was getting hit by a penny falling from Skyrush:p I was waiting in line, then felt extreme pain on my shoulder, looked down, and saw a penny rolling around:p (I was waiting in the que under the lift). Although going to IOA, BGT, Hersheypark, and 2 days at Cedar Point were equally awesome!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#17 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

But I get to kick off the new year with a revisit to Orlando, a vacation with Laurel with both halves of Universal and Sea World.

I recommend not going on back row for your first ride on Manta. I do recommend back row for Kraken, however.

My best moment of the year was probably me meeting IOAgeek for the first time, finishing my dumb algebra course online, or getting my 4 SS in July. All we incredibly awesome. Especially meeting IOAgeek ;)

V Sad face, I blacked out a bit, but then my vision came back. Kraken is awesome.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#18 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

^ Already been on Manta and Kraken. Hence the word "revisit." And I enjoyed the back seat, especially on the pretzel loop.

SSCoasters Staff

#19 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Going on Leviathan and SFMM's new drop tower. I'll never forget those moments. :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#20 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

^Yeah, but did you get stuck at the top?