K'netic Energy July 24, 2013 Deconstruction pics

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Ok, I'm stuck on construction at the moment. I would estimat The machine to be at the 60-70% completed area. I've recently won a coaster on eBay, construction will resume shortly at a good speed. However, some parts are more depleted that others. For example, I have a whole big bin left of cross ties, even after this path check it out, finally I'm using max crossties! (Joke for the older members)

I also have a great amount of flexi rods, white rods, red rods, short green rods, purple 3Ds, half moons, and ladder connectors.

I'm asking you guys, what can I possibly do with all these parts (element wise)? I want to use up some of the parts I have in exess of, so all ideas, suggestions and oppinions are welcome! For those of who's ideas I pick, they will get a special thanks in or in the description of the final video (to be determined) as well as a sneak preview video, aimed at specific parts of their choice!

So, help me out! Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#62 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Most of your elements seem to be track so far so how about so more "spontaneous" elements? Such as mazes, special ball arms (Kairahs zig-zag is a favourite of mine) See if you can come up with some new elements as well.

#63 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Thanks for the suggestion! I was planing to make a maze, but problem is that I'm low on snowflakes... Any suggestions on what to do?

#64 Shadowman

Shadowman

Construction Worker

• 47 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

You could try using blue connectors for the maze, or make a Trampoline Tower-style maze with the yellow connectors . Ball arms are also a good idea, since they don't require much pieces. The flexi-rods could be used for some cool-looking roofs or tunnels. Good luck on finishing!

#65 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Maybe a corkscrew or any other inversion?

#66 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

You could try using blue connectors for the maze, or make a Trampoline Tower-style maze with the yellow connectors . Ball arms are also a good idea, since they don't require much pieces. The flexi-rods could be used for some cool-looking roofs or tunnels. Good luck on finishing!

Thanks for the idea of the maze! Also, a ball arm will probably be included later too!

OK, finally I got the pieces that I need to complete this. I'm starting to move ahead again, and I have a 5th lift, looked up on top of the free-fall lift. They run on the same motor and through a reduced gearbox (23 gears!) to hook both lifts up to a single electric motor. Here are a couple overview shots to show progress:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, does anyone know why the pictures of my ipad are so grainy? It was not like this before (see pictures of page 1, post 17)

Comment

Edited by Kool Coaster Kid, 11 April 2013 - 03:13 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#67 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Which ipad do you have? 2nd, 3rd, 4th, iPad mini? You might just need to focus the camera. To focus the camera you just touch the screen for a few seconds till it gets clearer. On my iPod I just focus the camera and then it takes a more clear picture.

This is looking great so far! I don't see how people make a ball machine, it seems too complicated. Keep up the great work!! :)

#68 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

^ Thanks, and I solved the camera problem.

Here's a quick video of the free-fall lift track:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

#69 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Ok, well huge problem. My options are slim...

Problem: Carpenters are coming on next Tuesday to take out my old rug and put in a new floor. Problem is, obviously, the machine... No other day is open to the carpenters...

Here's what I've thought of as solutions. I am open to anyone's suggestions as well, and opinions on what would be the best option

a) Tear down the machine
B) Try to support it with boards on the walls
c)Take it apart in sections and keep it elsewhere until the floor is done

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

#70 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

I reckon sections. I've been looking forward to the final video for a while now

#71 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

I reckon sections. I've been looking forward to the final video for a while now

That's what I did.

Well, after taking apart the machine, and putting it back together again, its almost done. I worked on it quite a bit Saturday afternoon and got a considerable amount done. Right now I'm just waiting for a motor in the mail. Exams are in a week, so this week I will be finishing up school and studying for exams, and next week I will be writing them (only 2, thank god!). Not much will be done throughout the next 2 weeks, but I would REALLY like to have this finished by July 1st, for a Canada Day celebration. Right now, its looking really good for that date, all I would need is 1 or 2 days to sit around and work on it. Ok, enough talk, picture

So, only one picture, just to show some of the progress I made. All that remains to do is finish up that lift, complete 3 or 4 paths, and reliability testing.
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

#72 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

No Comments?

Video says it all. Myk'nex came in today, and I installed the motor. Read the description in the video for more details.

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

#73 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Very nice, I like that new lift.

#74 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Dude, I wish I had the ingenuity to build a ball machine like this. This is insanely awesome.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#75 DHB

DHB

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

So cool! What are all the yellow gears?

#76 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

Very nice, I like that new lift.

Tank you. Many are a fan of it!

Dude, I wish I had the ingenuity to build a ball machine like this. This is insanely awesome.

Haha, thanks.

So cool! What are all the yellow gears?

Thanks. The yellow gears are a free fall path. When the ball falls through a chute, it hits flaps and spins the yellow gears.

I'm just about done the machine, probably might finish it tonight. Stay tuned for another video soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

#77 Sorunome

Sorunome

Programmer

• 436 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

Wow, that vid just looks awesome!
Why didn't I catch it before O.O
I can't wait for the finished machine!

logo_v1_small.png 36691.png

#78 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

I can't wait either

ps: sorunome forced me too post.

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#79 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Wow, that vid just looks awesome!
Why didn't I catch it before O.O
I can't wait for the finished machine!

Thanks, I can't wait either!

I can't wait either

ps: sorunome forced me too post.

Haha, thanks!

Ok, the machine is done. It has 20 paths, and about 25000 pieces. The final video will come in a few weeks, I have to get a new camera. I have wrote a song for the final video, its about 5:40, so obviously the final video should be about that long as well.

Here are a couple complete pictures. Enjoy!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Stay tuned for the final video, and keep a eye out for the next machine too!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

#80 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Holy S*%&$*! That's super cool! It makes my want to try to make one of those, but I don't know if I'd have the pieces/patience to. Do you ever have it running while you're doing other stuff? and are you gonna keep it up for a while?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis