inversion lambchopz pjas science speech

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Well, I just found out that Geauga Lake was closed a while back in 2007, and I can't find a whole lot about why, what happened to the coasters like Dominator and Steel Venom, seems they didn't go anywhere else according to RCDB, unless RCDB is wrong. Could someone familiar with the subject let me know what happened?

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#2 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Park wasn't making any money. So Cedar Fair scrapped the amusement park side and kept it as a water park.

Not sure why RCDB doesn't show that they didn't go anywhere as they certainly did.

Dominator -> Dominator @ Kings Dominion
Steel Venom -> Possessed @ Dorney
X-Flight -> Firehawk @ Kings Island
Head Spin -> Carolina Cobra @ Carowinds
Thunderhawk -> Thunderhawk @ Michigans Adventure

I believe those were the only rides at where moved to new homes. Everything else was scrapped, bar Big Dipper and Raging Wold Bobs, which still stand in their original locations.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#3 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Mmkay, thanks:)

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#4 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

Geauga Lake was always a local amusement park until Premier Parks (now known as Six Flags) bought it and very quickly tried to turn it into a thrill park to try to compete with Cedar Point. Ultimately, there was no going back after that, and the park failed as a thrill park, Six Flags sold it to Cedar Fair, and Cedar Fair did what they could for a few years before closing it.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inversion, lambchopz, pjas, science, speech