Timbuktu

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#121 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Dude, it's absolutely beautiful. That station is fantastic! I am really excited for this final video :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#122 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

Gorgeous station is the icing on the cake!

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#123 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Damn another spectacular coaster from you, you make building with tubes so easy dude, I'm loving this coaster badly! I definelty wish BGT could of built this, instead of chettah hunt now ugh, I cant wait from the final video from you too, and timbuktu is a name of a land at BGT too, so that's what the rides name reminds me of for now!

#124 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Nicely done, Helmer. Can't wait to see the final video! :D

Thanks! Here is is... ;)

No, dis' is unexceptable! It need to be longer - longer I tell you! [/strict Russian]

In all seriousity, this ride is absolutely breathtaking. Something I've always wanted to see built, and here it is - a reality. He only Intamin element that I think this is missing is an over banked turn near the station, like Millennium Force.

Спасибо! К сожалению, я не смог включить каждый отдельный элемент Intamin, но я думаю, что я уже использовал кучу.

I love that station roof! It's one of the most creative I've seen. The second half of the layout finishes up the ride very nicely, I love how it wraps around the rest of the layout. Can't criticize anything here, awesome job.

Thank you! The station roof is inspired by the one on Top Thrill Dragster

The station's roof looks awesome, as do the brakes and the pre-lift turn that I am in love with.
The straight away between the brake run and the station isn't as bad as I thought you were making it out to be, so that's good.
We will all be waiting for this final video (no pressure or anything)!

Thanks!

Helmer you are on fire right now. This ride looks brilliant from any angle, as does that station. All your builds are awesome right now and I don't see that stopping any time soon. Great work.

Thank you! I hope you will like my next coaster as well.

Dude, it's absolutely beautiful. That station is fantastic! I am really excited for this final video :D

Thank you!

Gorgeous station is the icing on the cake!

Haha, thanks!

Damn another spectacular coaster from you, you make building with tubes so easy dude, I'm loving this coaster badly! I definelty wish BGT could of built this, instead of chettah hunt now ugh, I cant wait from the final video from you too, and timbuktu is a name of a land at BGT too, so that's what the rides name reminds me of for now!

Thanks! I think Cheetah Hunt is a sick ride too. Timbuktu is the name of a city in Africa (Mali), but I didn't know it was a section in BGT. :)

I uploaded a couple of pictures in the database: Timbuktu - SSCoasters Rides Database

Final video!

:):):)

Posted Image

#125 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Fantastic video, Helmer. What a great model.

#126 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

Great job Helmur! Fantastic video and coaster! I love the creativity behind it.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#127 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

This is easily one of my new favorite rides! I love the final video and the coaster runs great. Absolute perfection!

Posted Image

#128 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Great final video, Helmer!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#129 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Almost certainly one of the best coasters ever made. Good job with the video too.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#130 MuddyFingers12

MuddyFingers12

Construction Foreman

• 106 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Im speachless... I.. I.. I want it!

#131 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

I never expected it to be this good. Fantastic job Helmer!
//Joost

Posted Image

#132 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

The second launch accelerates the train in a very lovely fashion. Very realistic, but noisy as heck ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#133 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

I wish I could shrink myself and ride it. This is by far my favourite coaster and it will definitely be remembered as a brilliant coaster! Well done!

#134 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

See, this is the problem with K'nex coasters. There so amazing you get mad because you want to ride them so much! Lol anyways, this is by far one of the best coasters out there. Great job Helmer! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#135 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

This has easily become one of my favourite coasters ever built! THe attention to detail is amazing. I especially love the flow of the second half of the ride. Awesome work.

#136 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

I was blown away when I first opened the thread and saw the first element. And it only got better from there! It's very creative and very realistic at the same time, two hard things to pull off at once. The tire launch is awesome, I've always wanted to try that. At first when I saw it I didn't think it could actually work that well, but it gives a very realistic slow acceleration like Maxlaam said. Love it! A hearty congratulations to the builder of this awesome model.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#137 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

just to continue the praise. AWESOME JOB!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#138 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Awesome ride! I really like the flying snake dive and the tire launch. Great job!