• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Hello all!

A few weeks ago, I started on my new coaster: Timbuktu. It will be a launched coaster inspired by Cheetah Hunt. I hope you will enjoy!

The launch
Posted Image
The gearbox and ratchet, used for resetting the launch
Posted Image
The Cheetah Hunt tree
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Testvideo

:):):)

Posted Image

#2 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

That is the best support style I have ever seen.
I am already in love!

#3 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

The Cheetah Hunt tree is a fun element to build, isn't it? :) The way you've built it, there are just so many tubes!
Everything is looking awesome and sturdy, so let's see this awesome layout unfold. I've seen it on paper, so let's see it in reality!
Also, I love how "ghetto" the launch system is. A ton of rubberbands hold together the ratchet. Haha, I don't have a problem with it, but I just found it kinda funny.

Posted Image

#4 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Holy Shit Helmut! Those are some sexy supports. Based on how good this looks, I have some high expectations for the rest of the layout.

#5 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Al these launched coasters these day. But thi look so sturdy it's awesome but i think the speed in the tree in just a tad to fast.

#6 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Mind=blown. I love how the supports don't shake too. :)

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#7 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

This looks really cool, however the transition from the first helix to where it unbanks seems off, very slightly. Nitpicking, and you probably can't tell from most angles. The one I'm looking at is the 3rd to last.

Regardless, I'm excited to see where you take this.

#8 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Looks really good! I'm surprised of how sturdy the supports are!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#9 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Supports look awesome, not to mention the shaping. The pullin in the eighth picture is spot on. This is a really cool element, no complaints from me!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#10 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Straighten the tubing on the catch car guide;) Other than that, no issues can be seen! I really love the look of that tower, I'm amazed how sturdy it is too in the video!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#11 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Ya looks great so far dude I think it goes through the element a lite fast but I don't care like the real ride does which me and Trevor have been on many times before at bgt together in the front and back row too are your trains really heavy I can tell and lubed too! Can you make a tutorial on how to build those kind of launches please I've always wanted to make one before and are there anti rollback son the launch too kind of from the middle tubing things! Also maybe a tad by more banking on his downwards helix like the first one just a little though and smooth out the tip of the figure eight tower for the transition to the first downwards helix too from the little bump!

Edited by IOAgeek, 09 April 2013 - 11:33 PM.

#12 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

Look's freaky awesome, crazy supports and launch, move on!

Posted Image

#13 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

Bye Lightning Racer :(
Hello Timbuktu! This is a great coaster so far and hopefully it'll have an amazing layout with twisty ness !!!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#14 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

I do agree about how amazing this is, supports are incredible, launch is cool for a rubber band type launch. Also that cheetah hunt style is style is perfect anyways awesome job with this and good job with lightning racer

#15 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

meh average...

KIDDING!

Helmut, this is incredible. I find it amazing that you builders who do build really fast always bring something fresh to the table. Never 2 hypers in a row, or 2 woodies. Always fresh! Really inspring start you've got here!

#16 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

Wow!

That's all I got to say, Wow!

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#17 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

I thought Lightning Racer was amazing, then I saw Timbuktu...

Posted Image

#18 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

This is just...awesome. I'm a box-supporter through and through and this makes me want to learn to build with tubes. Definitely the coolest use of tube supports to this day. Incredible style with the supports, just well done man!

-Ben

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#19 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

This looks great! :P

#20 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

[quote name='Micro Mike 21']That is the best support style I have ever seen.
I am already in love![/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='Jumpge']The Cheetah Hunt tree is a fun element to build, isn't it? :) The way you've built it, there are just so many tubes!
Everything is looking awesome and sturdy, so let's see this awesome layout unfold. I've seen it on paper, so let's see it in reality!
Also, I love how "ghetto" the launch system is. A ton of rubberbands hold together the ratchet. Haha, I don't have a problem with it, but I just found it kinda funny.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is! Thanks!

[quote name='commando']Holy Shit Helmut! Those are some sexy supports. Based on how good this looks, I have some high expectations for the rest of the layout.[/QUOTE]

I hope I can meet your expectations... ;)

[quote name='Witting']Al these launched coasters these day. But thi look so sturdy it's awesome but i think the speed in the tree in just a tad to fast.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but I just didn't want a rollback while I was filming.

[quote name='Turtle Man 24']Mind=blown. I love how the supports don't shake too. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='DDRman732865']This looks really cool, however the transition from the first helix to where it unbanks seems off, very slightly. Nitpicking, and you probably can't tell from most angles. The one I'm looking at is the 3rd to last.

Regardless, I'm excited to see where you take this.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='TheRandomGuy']Looks really good! I'm surprised of how sturdy the supports are![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='rollercoasterfanatic919']Supports look awesome, not to mention the shaping. The pullin in the eighth picture is spot on. This is a really cool element, no complaints from me![/QUOTE]

Thanks RCF!

[quote name='Knexrule11']Straighten the tubing on the catch car guide;) Other than that, no issues can be seen! I really love the look of that tower, I'm amazed how sturdy it is too in the video![/QUOTE]

Haha, it looks much worse on the photo than it is in real. Thanks!

[quote name='IOAgeek']Ya looks great so far dude I think it goes through the element a lite fast but I don't care like the real ride does which me and Trevor have been on many times before at bgt together in the front and back row too are your trains really heavy I can tell and lubed too! Can you make a tutorial on how to build those kind of launches please I've always wanted to make one before and are there anti rollback son the launch too kind of from the middle tubing things! Also maybe a tad by more banking on his downwards helix like the first one just a little though and smooth out the tip of the figure eight tower for the transition to the first downwards helix too from the little bump![/QUOTE]

You are so lucky that you were able to ride Cheetah Hunt!

[quote name='MrRemcoStyle']Look's freaky awesome, crazy supports and launch, move on![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Coastergeek987']Bye Lightning Racer :(
Hello Timbuktu! This is a great coaster so far and hopefully it'll have an amazing layout with twisty ness !!![/QUOTE]

Haha, I hope so too!

[quote name='crazyracer']I do agree about how amazing this is, supports are incredible, launch is cool for a rubber band type launch. Also that cheetah hunt style is style is perfect anyways awesome job with this and good job with lightning racer[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='tornado96']meh average...

KIDDING!

Helmut, this is incredible. I find it amazing that you builders who do build really fast always bring something fresh to the table. Never 2 hypers in a row, or 2 woodies. Always fresh! Really inspring start you've got here![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I always try to keep as much variation in my coasters as possible.

[quote name='ForgotToGrowUp']Wow!

That's all I got to say, Wow![/QUOTE]

Haha, thank you!

[quote name='Joost12']I thought Lightning Racer was amazing, then I saw Timbuktu...[/QUOTE]

I hope that you will enjoy watching the construction of this coaster.

[quote name='coastercrazy10']This is just...awesome. I'm a box-supporter through and through and this makes me want to learn to build with tubes. Definitely the coolest use of tube supports to this day. Incredible style with the supports, just well done man!

-Ben[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ben! You are never too old to try new things. ;)

[quote name='321']This looks great! :P[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

There are basically two updates in this post. The reasons are that I forgot my camera yesterday and that building today went really fast. I think you don't mind! :D

So this is the first update. I built the drop of the Cheetah Hunt tree and a low turn.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is the second update. My initial idea was to build a buckel, but I decided not to do that because I already built two buckels on Lightning Racer, so it became kind of boring. Then I decided to build the following element.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:):):)

Posted Image