#21 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Sexy, very sexy.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#22 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

I think god even bookmarked this thread. He knows this is fantastic.

#23 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

wow, you continue to amaze me with every ride you make.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#24 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

The resemblance between my initial Unleashed layout and this is incredible. ;) Still, you blew mine right out of the water by the first update!
Keep up the epic work on this! Everything is looking smooth, flowing, and well supported.

Posted Image

#25 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

That looks insane! Keep it up!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#26 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

I totally knew you were going to do that ;) My only complaint is that there does seem to be a bit of a sharp spot right where the low-to-ground turn goes up into that element. It's not really a big deal, though, and it's almost unnoticeable. Looks great so far!

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#27 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

That low turn looks great enough but when i saw the "stengel dive" my mouth hit the floor. Looks amazing man. Incredible to see builds like this.

#28 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Nice work, Helmut. You see the way you're mixing different elements without deviating from the overall Intamin feel? It's the perfect clash of originality & realism. I love that.

#29 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

wow incredible stengle dive and turn rocks so much perfection that just blows my mind

#30 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

The one point of criticism I could give is that I think the top of the dive could have more banking. Its fits great in the layout as is, but personally I see it as more of a Maverick style dive their to provide a ZOMFG WTF just happened moment. Right now I feel the turn looks fun but doesn't really provide anything shocking.

Posted Image

Then again this is dependent on what you plan next. Just a thought to consider. The coaster still looks absolutely fantastic.

#31 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Ya I think more banking on the element too and that's what's I though to jumpge, but keep it up dude this is super sexy and smith coaster you're building now keep it up dude and can we see a test video if this amazing coaster too please!!! Can we also see a rollback in the test video I want to see if it real does anti rollbacks from the launch too someone's got to make those kind on their coaster one day in the future woo I can't wait now!!!

#32 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

I really like this! Layout looks great so far and the supports are even better!

I think you shouldn't change the banking on the hill, since it is quite a bit taller than mavericks one (on scale, obviously :P)

Can't wait to see more!

#33 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

wow crazy hom amazing this looks very professional looking for a model any ways nailed the cheetah hunt style so awesome

#34 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

[quote name='Chubs33']Sexy, very sexy.[/QUOTE]

Do you find Knex coasters 'sexy'? :P

[quote name='Micro Mike 21']I think god even bookmarked this thread. He knows this is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I hope He likes what I am doing.

[quote name='Turtle Man 24']wow, you continue to amaze me with every ride you make.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Jumpge']The resemblance between my initial Unleashed layout and this is incredible. ;) Still, you blew mine right out of the water by the first update!
Keep up the epic work on this! Everything is looking smooth, flowing, and well supported.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='TheRandomGuy']That looks insane! Keep it up![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='SCM']I totally knew you were going to do that ;) My only complaint is that there does seem to be a bit of a sharp spot right where the low-to-ground turn goes up into that element. It's not really a big deal, though, and it's almost unnoticeable. Looks great so far![/QUOTE]

It might be a tad sharp, but it's not a big problem. Thanks!

[quote name='tornado96']That low turn looks great enough but when i saw the "stengel dive" my mouth hit the floor. Looks amazing man. Incredible to see builds like this.[/QUOTE]

Haha, thank you!

[quote name='The Stig']Nice work, Helmut. You see the way you're mixing different elements without deviating from the overall Intamin feel? It's the perfect clash of originality & realism. I love that.[/QUOTE]

I didn't really notice that. Great to hear that you like the way I build.

[quote name='crazyracer']wow incredible stengle dive and turn rocks so much perfection that just blows my mind[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='commando']The one point of criticism I could give is that I think the top of the dive could have more banking. Its fits great in the layout as is, but personally I see it as more of a Maverick style dive their to provide a ZOMFG WTF just happened moment. Right now I feel the turn looks fun but doesn't really provide anything shocking.

Posted Image

Then again this is dependent on what you plan next. Just a thought to consider. The coaster still looks absolutely fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I took it into consideration, but I decided to leave it the way it is. It is not a stengel dive, and I think the element looks fine the way it is. Thanks for your helpfull criticism.

[quote name='IOAgeek']Ya I think more banking on the element too and that's what's I though to jumpge, but keep it up dude this is super sexy and smith coaster you're building now keep it up dude and can we see a test video if this amazing coaster too please!!! Can we also see a rollback in the test video I want to see if it real does anti rollbacks from the launch too someone's got to make those kind on their coaster one day in the future woo I can't wait now!!![/QUOTE]

I think I will post a testvideo later, when I have built some more on the coaster.

[quote name='RNB']I really like this! Layout looks great so far and the supports are even better!

I think you shouldn't change the banking on the hill, since it is quite a bit taller than mavericks one (on scale, obviously :P)

Can't wait to see more![/QUOTE]

I agree with you, Thanks!

[quote name='crazyracer']wow crazy hom amazing this looks very professional looking for a model any ways nailed the cheetah hunt style so awesome[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I built two horseshoe rolls. Next will be some twistiness in the direction of the Cheetah Hunt tree.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:):):)

Edited by Helmut, 21 April 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Posted Image

#35 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I absolutely, positively, did not expect that to be next.
It looks awesome! All that I could pick out is in the 6th photo, the valley between the two rolls is a little sharp. Just smooth that out and you'll be good.

Posted Image

#36 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

I was so not expecting that. But it flows very well, and looks perfect!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#37 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Looking truly good, as always! :)
My only complaint is that, in the 2nd-to-last picture, I think the banking is a little steep on the valley. Also, the launch's blue tubing has bumps in it. I hope this won't affect the launch. I don't see anything wrong with anything else, though.
Edit:

I personally don't like the placement of the rolls. It seems too 'on the grid.' Technically it flows fine, but until this point, this coaster was brilliant. This part, not so much. Maybe if the rolls were on an angle to the launch instead of parallel?

I completely agree, couldn't of said it better.

Edited by SCM, 22 April 2013 - 02:48 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#38 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Yes... I find this very sexy. I just don't understand how those rolls don't just deform like crazy. They seem so under supported but I know from your previous models that they are still strong.

Can we get a direct side view of the horse shoe?

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#39 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

What an amazing birthday present for me, a timbuktu update!!:P thanks helmer! Anyway, this looks absolutely amazing!

#40 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Ahhh it's amazing. Love it! There's a sharp spot/bump at the lowest point between the two rolls, you can see it in the 2nd to last pic really well. Fix that and its perfect!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!