I nearly forgot about these coasters...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

While I was working on my current coaster, I, for some reason decided it would be quite funny to share the only coasters I ever really finished before registering here (feeling nostalgic for no reason). I even amaze myself at how I was pleased with this at the time, basically because I had no idea of the wonders of lubricant and that without this, nothing I built ever really worked. It seems like longer ago than 4 years to be honest. Enjoy their subtle terribleness:

Edit: Haha. Just realised I still have that drum kit.

Edited by CW5X, 10 September 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#2 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

It's always nice to see how people improve their way of building over the years. ;)

Posted Image

#3 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Wow. You've had K'nex for a long time. I've only started building in the past year and a half!

Even though it is kinda bad I still like it.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#4 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Yeah but back then I only had 1 SS, 1 RR and a small Ferris wheel. I have considerably more now but I know it's always entertaining to look waaaaay back at what you've built in the past and laugh a bit about it. And hey, it still worked.:D

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#5 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Wow that's longer than I've been building... I started in like November (got my first set for my birthday) but I don't have any pics or stuff like that of my first coasters, I got a phone with a crappy camera in like 2011 but by then I actually built okayish coasters so...

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#6 Teej

Teej

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

I dig the drums. Not sure how old you were at the time, but that looks like how I would have set up my kit when I was 12 or 13. Not to hijack your thread, but this is an older picture of my current kit. Only difference is I moved the cowbell and got another china cymbal. :D

Posted Image

#7 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

Wow, I've loved k'nex and played and made it since I was 7, started making custom at 8, made my first working chain lift at 9, and now my first launch at age 10-11. Yes, I am very young but I can still build, do Algebra 1, and I'm tall for my age. :D Also, Cobra isn't that bad. I think it's fine.

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image