helmut wellenflug

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Could you use external battery packs for the motors?

#22 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

YES! I might finally get to participate, because I went to an academy middle school, so I was slammed with work all the time! But now I'm in high school with a lot less work! Expect a coaster from me, guys!!! :D

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#23 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Get used to it boys. By the time you reach my age years go by like weeks and you find yourself saying "was that really 30 years ago?? Seems like yesterday" It's most alarming when you look at kids. For instance my daughter was only 6 when I started playing with KNex with her. Now she is in high school! And sometimes I run into old friends of mine who are now grandparents and they last time I saw their kids they were in grammar school!

Enjoy your youth to it's fullest extend.

Oh yeah, and NEVER grow up!

Wise words my friend, I can hardly believe I'm just in my twenties now...

Wait, I'm confused. For VV, it's five blue rods? Or five orange rods? Because with the regular sized knex the gray rods are the longest, so with VV it should be five orange rods?

The same size as SS, so 5 gray rods including connectors.

I believe it's 5 standard gray rods now.

That is correct :) Last year started of with a smaller size for VV but that was changed later on as VV's track size isn't always a advantage.

Alright now VV has the same size restriction as SS! I was hoping for something else but I guess this is okay, it was pretty fun last year.

What exactely were you hoping for? Please give us feedback for later contests!

Could you use external battery packs for the motors?

External battery packs are supposed to fit in the cube, adapters are not, as said in the rules. 12V motors including an adapter and possbily an extensioncord combined are much bigger than a K'NEX motor which is battery operated. In the end a 12V motor is including the way it is supossed to be mounted is not much bigger or smaller than a battery operated motor.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 frosb013

frosb013

92% of teens have moved o

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

Just wondering does it have to be a roller coaster or can it be anything to do with theme park rides.

#25 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Just wondering does it have to be a roller coaster or can it be anything to do with theme park rides.

It has to be a roller coaster.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#26 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Even though this contest is heavily leaning towards theming (not that I have any problem with that), I'm still guessing that this contest is like last year's in that everything including all theming must fit into the cube and connectors. I'm cool either way. Just to clear up any further questions about the space you're allowed.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#27 frosb013

frosb013

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Oh man. It is almost impossible to build a coaster in a 5x5x5 Gray cube area.

#28 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Look at examples from last year and you will find out it's perfectly possible.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#29 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

What ever. I might enter. I just need more parts but I can't get anything till Xmas.. :( I'm already on a project and only have yellow and black crossties. I have gotten my building groove back.. We'll just wait and see.

In pieces logo thing

#30 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

Oh man. It is almost impossible to build a coaster in a 5x5x5 Gray cube area.

Look at last year's Tundra. That was 2 coasters in a 5x5x5 cube, easily an instant classic model too!

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

You can actually make a pretty decent coaster even with 5x5x5 boundaries. I might take a crack at this one and if I do I won't post it until it's complete so I don't have to go "well its cancelled."
About the rules, to anyone who doesn't know yet, you can't alter the boundaries ( like 6x3x4) even though that doesn't take up as much space. It's for you figure it out how you're gonna make your coaster. Or at least I think that's how it goes with that rule.

EDIT: I feel like I did something wrong telling the rules and that staff members are supposed to say this.

#32 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

I'm in this year. Can't wait to get started.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#33 frosb013

frosb013

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

Well it looks like I will not enter because I can't seem to make a coaster track that works fit in to the 5x5 area and when I do the train get's stuck on the circuit. In my opinion this is going to suck having a space limit if it was 10x10x5 i would enter.

#34 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'm going to enter.
Edit: Also, are the wires from knex motors allowed to go outside the box?

Edited by SCM, 30 November 2013 - 04:56 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#35 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

Does a winter theme give you more points, (or whatever you earn)? I can't wait to start building my coaster... :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#36 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

is scenery allowed to exit the cube? (roof of station)

#37 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

^ No. Everything must be inside the cube. Including scenery.

#38 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

This is my personal opinion. I think that we should allow drills, ardinuo, and NXT because that way we can have more diverse competition. I personally do not want to see twenty eurofighters and one or two regular-lift coasters. I think that we should make the competition more interesting. This is just my opinion, so before anyone says, "Well, Tundra was a wooden coaster." I am just putting this out there.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#39 wyomingman

wyomingman

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Could I put theming or something like a snowman outside of the 5x5x5 area?

#40 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:07 AM

Could I put theming or something like a snowman outside of the 5x5x5 area?

You sure can build a 5ft snowman in your porch, but everything outside of the cube has nothing to do with this contest. Only stuff inside the cube is taken into account for during the voting.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: helmut wellenflug