Depression

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

I guess that's what's I should call it at this point, to go on a short rant, by the end of highschool I had figured everything in my life out, band robotics, friends, it was all great and just prefect and right when I got it, it all ended. As unhealthy as this is, looking back that was probably the happiest I've been in life yet and I kinda wish I could go back. I spent most of the summer moping and then college started, everything was going pretty well, meeting a lot of new people, being way less socially awkward than in my earlier days, and up until recently, that's how its been. And then all of a sudden, I feel like I've fallen in some kind of hole. I've been refusing to admit I'm depressed but I feel that's the only phrase that could possibly described what I'm feeling right now.

#2 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

I've felt something similar, where nothing is really wrong, but you feel like shit. Are classes stressing you out?

#3 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Not really, thats the problem, I cant seem to pin point whats got me down. I think might be social anxiety or something...

#4 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

Social Anxiety is a big one. Sometimes the amount of people in college can be overwhelming. It helps immensely to find groups to get involved in. I find I get in a slump when I'm bored. The social anxiety part of my life is becoming more and more manageable as I'm meeting more people I get along with, and it helps that we have something in common (music for pep band, a love for movies in film board, etc.) For now, maybe try to schedule an appointment with your counseling services?

Edited by DDRman732865, 10 November 2013 - 12:25 AM.

#5 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

The most important thing to do once you get into college is to find something to do after classes. Sports, hobbies, social drinks. The best way to relax is to find people with the same interests or people who provide some relief.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

Go check out this video: How I Got Over Social Anxiety - YouTube

The best thing you can do in my opinion is to just try doing things you normally wouldn't and put yourself out there, I assure you someone will pick you up. Try to spend more time out with people than you do in your room.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead