knex

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Angel Falls is my first upload to the forums. This is not my first knex coaster, in fact, I have been using knex for about two years. I'll just let the pictures do the talking. I'm sorry the pictures are upside down. I am new to photo bucket so if you could tell how to change that it would be great:D
Posted Image
I see you son of serpent peaking in.
Posted Image
These trains are not final. They are just for clearance testing later on
Posted Image
The drop is all I have built so far. I'm just kind of free wheeling it on the supports, but I'll try to keep them realistic.
Posted Image
Overall this is the most successful I have been with tube supports. If you see any shaping issues please tell me and maybe put a photo of how I could change it. Also, please recommend supports and elements for the future. I hope you like this, and more updates later on

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#2 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

Looks good so far. No much to comment on, but I do like the shaping! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#3 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

Oh boy, I can tell this will turn out really epic :) :)

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#4 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

It looks good but you need the drop to get steep quicker if you want it to be a realistic dive machine. look in the model database to see how other builders have done it.

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#5 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

Looks good so far! By the way is that a son of serpent I see in the background?

#6 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

It looks good but you need the drop to get steep quicker if you want it to be a realistic dive machine. look in the model database to see how other builders have done it.

Oh I tried to get it sharper but I weighted my trains with batteries and if it was any steeper they would scrape. But thanks for the suggestion.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

#7 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

Looks good so far! By the way is that a son of serpent I see in the background?

Yes it is. Boy was that a pain to build. I'll probably will be taking it down soon because I don't have a lot of knex.

#8 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

Just to let you know. Using custom trains will make your life hell. They're big heavy sails that screw with your trains center of gravity and as a result they usually run terribly. Just sayin' :)

Everything looks good so far, it just comes down to what you want to do

#9 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Just to let you know. Using custom trains will make your life hell. They're big heavy sails that screw with your trains center of gravity and as a result they usually run terribly. Just sayin' :)

Everything looks good so far, it just comes down to what you want to do

Yea they probably will I'm more than likely just going to lower the center of gravity on it by changing the white rod and red connectors to those short black clamp pieces.

#10 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

I think you should at least try to use custom trains just because it adds some personality to the coaster. They are also fun to make, but at times annoying... :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#11 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Oh boy, I can tell this will turn out really epic :) :)

Thank you!

#12 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Day two of construction. I have the drop complete and started the splash down. Similar to krake at heide park. I know the drop isn't completely verticle, but it is as close as it will go. I also finished the trains and they are wider but shorter and the center of gravity is much lower.
Posted Image
These are the final trains.
Posted Image
The bottom of the drop and the splash down.
Posted Image
Down!Down!down!
Posted Image
Overall what I have done!

Posted Image
After this I don't know what element i should do. You guys pick, non inverting loop or an Immelmann loop. Again if there is anything I could do better just tell me.

#13 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Day two of construction. I have the drop complete and started the splash down. Similar to krake at heide park. I know the drop isn't completely verticle, but it is as close as it will go. I also finished the trains and they are wider but shorter and the center of gravity is much lower.
Posted Image
These are the final trains.
Posted Image
The bottom of the drop and the splash down.
Posted Image
Down!Down!down!:D
Posted Image
Overall what I have done!

Posted Image
After this I don't know what element i should do. You guys pick, non inverting loop or an Immelmann loop. Again if there is anything I could do better just tell me.

#14 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

It looks cool, I'd suggest trying to get the drop steeprr if you can. As for the next element I'd go for the immelman over the non inverting loop.

#15 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

It looks cool, I'd suggest trying to get the drop steeprr if you can. As for the next element I'd go for the immelman over the non inverting loop.

Actually I got my drop steeper and I will post a picture of it later

#16 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

I have made the drop steeper. On the downside it isn't as sharp. I am currently working on the Immelmann which I will show tomorrow.;)
Posted Image

#17 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

Dude, that's awesome.

I'd make the drop steeper like the photo you had in the first update. Looks great for one of your first attempts with tubes!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#18 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Looks good, you remind me of myself last summer, I joined at age 12, and had been building for 2 years, then made a pretty dang good coaster, lol.

#19 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Dude, that's awesome.

I'd make the drop steeper like the photo you had in the first update. Looks great for one of your first attempts with tubes!

Thank you. Didn't you make a recreation of kumba? I thought it was cool. Back on topic I had some people tell me to make the drop steeper and now it's pretty dang close to being vertical drop and that is how most BM dive coasters are

Looks good, you remind me of myself last summer, I joined at age 12, and had been building for 2 years, then made a pretty dang good coaster, lol.

Thank you. How ironic

#20 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

For future reference, your coaster will look a lot more refined if you coordinate your colors. Having them randomly placed makes the coaster look lazy. It's shaped well, although it looks like it could be kinda unstable.