claw crane game machine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KCM32

KCM32

knexcoastermaker

• 351 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

Hey guys its been a while. Haven't built anything the past few years and last week I decided what the heck lets try to build something interesting and never done before. So I decided why not try to make a working knex claw machine. I have built 4 joysticks to control side movement, back and forth movement, up and down movement, and open and close the claw. It is an actual size replica and stands 6 feet tall. I have tons of detail work still to do on it but it is functioning and I am able to win the majority of the prizes in it. I am a security system tech so rewiring all the motors was no problem for you. I just wanted to show you guys what I have been doing. I plan on getting a video of it in action up soon. Let me know if there is anything I can change. This will probably be my last knex project and the knex will hopefully be going to a new home to get lots of use.

Anyways here is a teaser pic:

Edited by KCM32, 06 January 2014 - 07:22 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Racing Woodie

(Under Construction)

My Videos

#2 Snake

Snake

Construction Worker

• 444 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

pic doesn't work, but I am guessing the machine is pretty amazing. I am curious about the joysticks, are they electronic or mechanical?

#3 KCM32

KCM32

knexcoastermaker

• 351 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Ya I can't remember how to put pics up it's been so long. The joysticks are are made out of knex and they toggle the switches on the motor packs. It's pretty simple. I have been thinking about making it more realistic with a drop button that will drop the claw close the claw return to home position and then release. That's gonna require a bit more time though. I do have an idea how to do it with timers, relays, and a few sensors.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Racing Woodie

(Under Construction)

My Videos

#4 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

To upload pics, use photobucket, or some other image host. Then get an [IMG] code and paste it in the post. Hope this helps! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#5 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

I'm pretty sure I've seen a k'nex claw machine on YouTube before, so this has already been done. Sorry to ruin your day. But it's always nice to see other things than coasters built once in a while. I've actually always wanted to try to build a k'nex claw machine myself.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#6 Snake

Snake

Construction Worker

• 444 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

Sounds pretty slick. A drop button would be a nice touch. I would use logic rather than an micro controller for something like this. A decade counter 4017 with a 555 timer and a few relays/FET's would be a good option.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: claw, crane, game, machine