No Limits 2 - Share your rides thread

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

This could be a decent idea for a thread where everyone, if they wish, can post a couple of teasers of upcoming projects or what you've managed to complete on No Limits 2 so far. It doesn't have to be good but if you don't want to create your own thread for a coaster that's only going to be worked on for a short time or is for practice, or even if just want to post a single picture of a ride to get feedback then you can post it here in this thread. Just so everybody doesn't fill up the General Development thread with pictures of their own coasters that they've just built when it's supposed to be, I believe, used for posting possible updates and additions to the game (I'm guilty of this myself ;)). If this thread doesn't work as I planned then I'll just change it to my own personal No Limits 2 thread but I hope everyone can see where I'm coming from with the creation of this thread.

Share away but don't feel pressured if you don't want feedback or help at the moment from everyone.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#2 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

Well I guess I'll start things off here by going for it. The Big 90 dive coaster was one of the easiest coasters I've had to design but it's designed around the heart line this time instead of the central spine like the other track, just to see what happens. The ride itself is very smooth but the station gates hits the trains. I'm not really sure if that's a problem that can be solved or not. Oh well, my first park for a video is coming along nicely.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dang. I didn't know photobucket was so easy to use. I would've used it way earlier than imageshack if I'd found this out. It works on the hospital Wi-Fi as well. :)

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#3 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

Your divecoaster seems a little stretched...

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Your divecoaster seems a little stretched...

I was trying to get it through the loop with a drop that still went fairly close to the ground so it just kind of happened that way. It's nice and smooth which is the important thing to me right now and it's all good practice for the future as well. Nothing can hurt.

Tyndrum

#5 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

I was trying to get it through the loop with a drop that still went fairly close to the ground so it just kind of happened that way. It's nice and smooth which is the important thing to me right now and it's all good practice for the future as well. Nothing can hurt.

Are you effectively utilising the G-comb? Looking at the valleys it seems it's not much of a thrill being pushed in your seats. Perhaps you can grab the overbank part and pull it in a bit. Methinks the part through the loop could be a bit higher up as well.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Yes. Ah. *Ahem. How do you access the g-force comb? I've been looking but not finding it.

Tyndrum

#7 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

^ In the editor, on the top of the screen it says "Display" and right next to it, there is a drop down tab. The G-Force Comb is the last one on the tab.

#8 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Yes. Ah. *Ahem. How do you access the g-force comb? I've been looking but not finding it.

^He said it.

Keep it into the yellow at valleys and you're at roughly 2G's, makes for a more exciting drop. If you are making a flyer, check the preferences because when you are making a pretzel loop you are into the reds at all time because of the standard settings. In realitity you are not pulling more than 2 G's while pushed into your seat, which is still quite comfortable. The G-comb can somethimes really fool you.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Thank you so much guys. :D

Tyndrum

#10 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Working on this flyer, which will probably be my first fully complete coaster in NL2...

Posted Image

#11 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Just finished a suspended coaster. It features many twists and turns, and incorporates the swinging motion quite a lot. If you would like a download, message me and let me know.

For some reason, the screenshot pictures are horrible quality compared to what I see in the simulator. Not sure why, if someone can help me out., that would be nice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Kool Coaster Kid, 14 January 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#12 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

I like the drop Old_Hag, it would be cool to fly that long at a height like that.

Anyways, I'm making a park like all of the Happy Worlds (stereotyping them all into one park full of Chinese coaster awesomeness).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I also have some POVs-
Megalite: NL2 Chinese Megalite - YouTube
4D: NL2 Chinese 4D Updated Layout Supports - YouTube
Pinnacle made the 4D look orange when I exported it so no it's not going to be as halloween as seen in the video.

And also the layout I drew a few weeks ago because why not...

Posted Image

Sorry about the picture overload but I doubt I'm going to make a discussion for this until I have at least 3 more of the rides and surroundings finished.

#13 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

I've got the first half of the ride to where I'm happy with it. I'll do the supports last. The mass of B&M supports look cluttered.
Oh yeah. I figured out how to make it swing. You gotta use a trigger.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by The Stig, 19 January 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#14 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

Woah. So is that what you have planned? It looks sweet. Love that color scheme too! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#15 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

That looks sick Stig! Where exactly is the trigger for the suspended coaster though?

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#16 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

Stig is that the coaster that you are making out of K'Nex?

#17 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Where exactly is the trigger for the suspended coaster though?

The very bottom of the track tab.
And, yes. This is the coaster I'm making with Knex. But NoLimits holds speed so much better than VV, so mine won't look too much like this one.
By the way, is anyone else having trouble with the video exporter? I'm only getting sound.

#18 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

Very nice ideas everyone. Interesting start to flyer Old Hag. Well, after my practice and everything with the previous park, I have started a proper "serious" park which will include 'Ace: Reloaded' as its main ride. It will be along similar lines to my NL1 coaster Ace but the ending I decided had to change so it will now include a very intense dive loop corner through the main loop and up to an MCBR. It pulls about 4 Gs for a couple of seconds and I should get a tunnel set up for it. Took me 3 hours to get a half decent (but still not perfect) zero-g roll set up but it's relatively realistic and smooth now so I'm happy. That's what I've been working on today. I hope to get so fast terrain wooden coaster around there too and maybe a few flat rides. We shall see.

Edited by CW5X, 19 January 2014 - 12:33 PM.

Tyndrum

#19 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

By the way, is anyone else having trouble with the video exporter? I'm only getting sound.

Me too. Are you in the Standard Version?

Also, I made a instructables for the basics in NL2:
No Limits Coaster 2 Tutorial: A Introduction Guide and Basics

#20 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

Are you in the Standard Version?

Yes. I tried a couple different presets and none of them work.