• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#1 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hey!

I could not really decide on what to build next as I was hesitating between a rollercoaster and a flatride. Besides, I wanted to build something small, but I did not want the project to be done after a couple of weeks.
When I saw Six Flags Grand Rapids I immediately knew that building an amusement park would be a cool idea.

I named the amusement park Helmerpark, as my first name is Helmer. The first ride I started working on is a classic wooden coaster, such as Comet at Hersheypark. It is nice to be able to make quick progress on a rollercoaster, as some elements on my previous bigger coasters sometimes took ages to build. Besides this classic wooden coaster, I also planned on building an Arrow looper such as Corkscrew at Valleyfair, a Ferris Wheel and a couple of other flatrides and coasters.

This is what I have built so far on the wooden coaster.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:)

Posted Image

#2 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

For a minute there, I forgot you were Helmer ;)
I can imagine this is going to be a great (set of) model(s) when it's done. This looks nice so far.

Edit: I have a feeling FTGU is gonna love watching this one ;)

Edited by The Stig, 01 April 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#3 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

I like the idea of making a whole park (I hope it's gonna be big :D)

The coaster you made so far looks great as always ;)

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#4 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Great choice making several smaller roller coasters. Some well colour coordinated rides would look fantastic :)

Check me out

Youtube

#5 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

Sweet! An entire theme park from you? Just one ride from you is phenomenal, an entire park should be insane.
At first, I also thought you were Maarten, then I looked at the building style, and background and was very confused.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#6 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

You are building a themepark as an ode to your friend Helmer. That's great Marteen, you guys have an amazing friendship!

#7 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

I like the idea of multiple rides, but I really hope you're going to make it look like an actual theme park. With a real entrance, paths, trees and such. And oh, are you going to use my new Star Flyer design? :P

Posted Image

#8 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

I don't get the name changing thing but ahh what the heck!
Looks really nice so far - can't wait for an update! =)

#9 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Oh my god, an entire park out of K'NEX.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#10 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

What a great idea! I hope you'll try a variety of flat rides.
The coaster has a great flow as seen in the second picture.

Posted Image

#11 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

Shaping is beautiful as always. A whole park of that + flat rides? Yes please.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#12 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

This is going to be great, I've always wanted to make an entire park, but I dont have enough parts.

#13 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

My mind pretty much exploded when I realized everyone had changed usernames.

......I'm exploded now.

EDIT: OH!!! I am the slowest person ever... April Fools day!

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#14 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

I`m so confused...or I was but then I remember about April first haha I better start getting in the loop more often and I see your building some master pieces. I mean if your building more than one coaster and ride then they all have to be masters right hahah

K`nex always for life ;)

#15 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

[quote name='The Stig']For a minute there, I forgot you were Helmer ;)
I can imagine this is going to be a great (set of) model(s) when it's done. This looks nice so far.

Edit: I have a feeling FTGU is gonna love watching this one ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, fortunately I still kept my avatar, so you were able to recognize me.
Thanks! I hope FTGU will like it.

[quote name='yannick']I like the idea of making a whole park (I hope it's gonna be big :D)

The coaster you made so far looks great as always ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Blame Canada']Great choice making several smaller roller coasters. Some well colour coordinated rides would look fantastic :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, colour coding will be very important for giving the park a neat overall look.

[quote name='Marty McFly']Sweet! An entire theme park from you? Just one ride from you is phenomenal, an entire park should be insane.
At first, I also thought you were Maarten, then I looked at the building style, and background and was very confused.[/QUOTE]

It will not be a park with coasters like Stalen, Lightning Racer, Timbuktu and Tatsu. The rides will be way smaller, but not less fun to watch. ;)

[quote name='Dopethrone']You are building a themepark as an ode to your friend Helmer. That's great Marteen, you guys have an amazing friendship![/QUOTE]

Yes, Marteen is a cool guy. :P

[quote name='maarten12']I like the idea of multiple rides, but I really hope you're going to make it look like an actual theme park. With a real entrance, paths, trees and such. And oh, are you going to use my new Star Flyer design? :P[/QUOTE]

Of course, I will add trees, paths, entrances, etc.

[quote name='Muzz135']I don't get the name changing thing but ahh what the heck!
Looks really nice so far - can't wait for an update! =)[/QUOTE]

Here is the update!

[quote name='Jogumpie']Oh my god, an entire park out of K'NEX.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a bit of paper for the paths, but most of it will be built out of K'NEX. ;)

[quote name='Redenbacher']What a great idea! I hope you'll try a variety of flat rides.
The coaster has a great flow as seen in the second picture.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Great Scott']Shaping is beautiful as always. A whole park of that + flat rides? Yes please.[/QUOTE]

I hope I can meet your expectations Great Scott.

[quote name='Gvus Christ']This is going to be great, I've always wanted to make an entire park, but I dont have enough parts.[/QUOTE]

It is going to be tough for me as well, I will run into a lack of pieces sooner or later.

[quote name='IonZer0']My mind pretty much exploded when I realized everyone had changed usernames.

......I'm exploded now.

EDIT: OH!!! I am the slowest person ever... April Fools day![/QUOTE]

Haha, my name has been changed back to Helmut now.

[quote name='crazyracer']I`m so confused...or I was but then I remember about April first haha I better start getting in the loop more often and I see your building some master pieces. I mean if your building more than one coaster and ride then they all have to be masters right hahah[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

I will start this update with what I completed since the last update: a turn followed by two airhills.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Later this evening, I also built the station and the prelift. I will add stairs and such later.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

That is a pretty cool layout for the park because it will wrap around some things. The speed and shaping look really good, it was probably nice to have a break and make something easy and small after building such large coasters.

#17 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

That coaster is holding up speed extremely well! I kinda wish the turns were banked though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#18 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

This coaster is like a mix of classic building style and modern technique, it's looking really nice. I'm pleased to see a nice spread out layout too.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#19 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

I hope scenery will be an option for you on most of the rides. That would be AWESOME!! Oh this is my 99th post! :D

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#20 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

That is a pretty cool layout for the park because it will wrap around some things. The speed and shaping look really good, it was probably nice to have a break and make something easy and small after building such large coasters.

Indeed, I hope I can let this coaster wrap around some other rides in the park. You are right, it feels good to be able to finish a coaster in a couple of weeks.

That coaster is holding up speed extremely well! I kinda wish the turns were banked though.

Thanks! I have chosen for turns without any banking, similar to Comet at Hersheypark. I think the unbanked turns give this coaster the classic look.

This coaster is like a mix of classic building style and modern technique, it's looking really nice. I'm pleased to see a nice spread out layout too.

Thank you!

I hope scenery will be an option for you on most of the rides. That would be AWESOME!! Oh this is my 99th post! :D

I will add entrance, exit, waiting area, paths, trees, etc. later on.

I made up a name for this coaster: Wood Racer. A very easy and classic name.
Wood Racer is finished! I had to skip the second hill of the last update. Stairs have been added to the station.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A video:

Edited by Helmut, 06 April 2014 - 11:37 AM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: helmerpark, helmut, knex amusementpark