helmerpark helmut knex amusementpark

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#41 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Wow, looks great and runs smoothly. It makes me wish I could build a wheel.

#42 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

That is a top notch Ferris Wheel! It looks like the exact scale as the Ferris Wheel at Valleyfair. Very well done Helmer, I love it!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#43 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

The ferris wheel looks amazing! I also really like Wooden Racer, it has superb shaping! With such a little hill, you got really far in the layout, and I am very impressed. Are you going to add paths and Q lines? That would be something different! Do you plan on building a steel coaster? Maybe a launched one? ;)

Signature not available 

#44 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Wow I`m amazed at how much detail you biult into that ferris wheel and your coasters are always incredible.

K`nex always for life ;)

#45 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

I never knew perfection could take form as a knex ferris wheel. Well done.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#46 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

[quote name='Maxlaam']Wow, that is a super good looking Ferris Wheel! Awesome![/QUOTE]

Thanks Max!

[quote name='Bassboost93']Wow i really like the park so far! :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='TheZachMan28']Wow, that is a good lookin ferris wheel.
Can't wait to see what's next! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Mr. Mackey']That turned out really well. I like the smaller radii supports.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot!

[quote name='Jogumpie']Looking good. :) What's next in this park of yours?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jochem. Reading your comment after the 23rd of April, I think 'park of yours' was a hint to your Adventure Land, or not?

[quote name='Jumpge']Very nice ferris wheel! Well done![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='N C c o a s t e r']Wow, looks great and runs smoothly. It makes me wish I could build a wheel.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I am sure you can. If you can build a Skyrush at that scale, you can also build such a small wheel. ;)

[quote name='Knexrule11']That is a top notch Ferris Wheel! It looks like the exact scale as the Ferris Wheel at Valleyfair. Very well done Helmer, I love it![/QUOTE]

It definitely does! Thank you!

[quote name='Connector1o1']The ferris wheel looks amazing! I also really like Wooden Racer, it has superb shaping! With such a little hill, you got really far in the layout, and I am very impressed. Are you going to add paths and Q lines? That would be something different! Do you plan on building a steel coaster? Maybe a launched one? ;)[/QUOTE]

I think I will add paths and waiting areas when all the rides are finished. The steel coaster is under construction right now! I do not plan on building a launched coaster, as it is extremely hard to automate them mechanically in a reliable way.

[quote name='crazyracer']Wow I`m amazed at how much detail you biult into that ferris wheel and your coasters are always incredible.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='alpal']I never knew perfection could take form as a knex ferris wheel. Well done.[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks!

Originally I planned on building a classic Arrow Looper next. However, after building a classic wooden coaster and a classic ferris wheel, building another classic ride turned out to be boring. As a result of my boredom, the Arrow Looper did not look too good. I decided to break down the lifthill and drop I built. I wanted to build something more funky, so I decided to build the S&S El Loco coaster, one of the funkiest type of coasters. It is time to add the first steel coaster to the park!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:)

Posted Image

#47 KBP2000

KBP2000

I love music

• 266 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

That looks pretty smooth! I can't wait for the final result!

Posted Image
KBP2000

#48 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

Holy crap that is sexy. I absolutely love the support style.
Glad you decided to go for something different. Is this going to have the classic El Loco layout, or is it going to be custom? :)

Edited by -=Zach=-, 25 April 2014 - 06:14 PM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#49 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

As others said, this looks really nice! I am glad you are making something different than traditional looper, but I do have a question. How do the cars make it through that flat turn? Everytime I build a flat turn that tight in radius, the wheel carriage always hits the cross-ties. How did you do that? :o

Signature not available 

#50 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

I agree this looks very smooth(thumbsup) and I knew that you couldn`t just build all normal coasters you had to make a creative coaster.;)

K`nex always for life ;)

#51 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

Those supports are beautiful. I love how you're building this with tubes and not boxes!

Posted Image

#52 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

^Tubes that make boxes.
I like everything that is being put into the park so far. Will there be any sort of central icon of the park like the eiffel towers, disney castles, observation towers, SFMM sky tower that you probably took down by now anyway. I can't wait to see more!

#53 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

Sexy supports!

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#54 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

Wow, this looks awesome :D
I realy like the whole park so far!

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#55 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

Its sexy, soooo sexy. Im loving how you decided to go with an El Loco.

#56 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Wow, those are incredible supports. I completely missed the ferris wheel build. I think it is one of the nicest ever, very clean look to it.

Everything you build is amazing!

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#57 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

All your builds are spot on, and this park is no exception. The variety so far is fantastic, I hope you can keep up with this standard of quality (I have no doubts :)).

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#58 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

Dang. This looks really really cool! I can't wait to see more!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#59 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

[quote name='KBP2000']That looks pretty smooth! I can't wait for the final result![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='TheZachMan28']Holy crap that is sexy. I absolutely love the support style.
Glad you decided to go for something different. Is this going to have the classic El Loco layout, or is it going to be custom? :)[/QUOTE]

There are some parts of the lay-out of the regular El Loco coaster that I do not like. So I decided to go custom. Thanks for your comment!

[quote name='Connector1o1']As others said, this looks really nice! I am glad you are making something different than traditional looper, but I do have a question. How do the cars make it through that flat turn? Everytime I build a flat turn that tight in radius, the wheel carriage always hits the cross-ties. How did you do that? :o[/QUOTE]

The wheels slightly hit the cross-ties. The turn I initially built was a lot smaller, but the hitting of the cross-ties caused the train to stall on the turn. I had to increase the radius of the turn a bit, now the train clears it without major problems.

[quote name='Jumpge']Those supports are beautiful. I love how you're building this with tubes and not boxes![/QUOTE]

Thank you! Yes, I think they look cool and similar to the real S&S El Loco.

[quote name='N C c o a s t e r']^Tubes that make boxes.
I like everything that is being put into the park so far. Will there be any sort of central icon of the park like the eiffel towers, disney castles, observation towers, SFMM sky tower that you probably took down by now anyway. I can't wait to see more![/QUOTE]

I think the Ferris Wheel would be a good central icon of the park, as it will be one of the tallest attractions in the park. Thanks!

[quote name='Bassboost93']Sexy supports![/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='Kevkillerke']Wow, this looks awesome :D
I realy like the whole park so far![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Gvus2001']Its sexy, soooo sexy. Im loving how you decided to go with an El Loco.[/QUOTE]

They are definitely fun to build.

[quote name='ForgotToGrowUp']Wow, those are incredible supports. I completely missed the ferris wheel build. I think it is one of the nicest ever, very clean look to it.

Everything you build is amazing![/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot!

[quote name='rollercoasterfanatic919']All your builds are spot on, and this park is no exception. The variety so far is fantastic, I hope you can keep up with this standard of quality (I have no doubts :)).[/QUOTE]

I hope I can! Thank you!

[quote name='SwimZONE']Dang. This looks really really cool! I can't wait to see more![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

As I already said in my reply to Zachman, I decided to go custom. I built and upward turn, MCBR, outward banked turn (typically S&S El Loco), another MCBR, the saxophone (also known as the Oh crap... - element), a valley leading to the third MCBR, a turn and the first half of the heartline roll.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:)

Posted Image

#60 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

Well if this isn't the strangest coaster I've seen...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: helmerpark, helmut, knex amusementpark