Cancelling Droplet?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Which layout idea should I do?

Which layout idea should I do?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

Ningen is still up, don't worry, I haven't taken it down or anything. I still have a lot of work to do, it's just that I've been so excited to work on this coaster that I couldn't help myself but to make something. This coaster shall be called...
Posted Image
(Special thanks to Wardcoastez for making the logo)
Droplet will be standing at 14 granites tall. It will have 2 immelmanns, lots of twisty goodness, (automatic)holding brake, and hopefully, a splashdown. I might even add on custom trains if there is enough speed. I have but one picture for now. What you are looking at here is part of the lift hill, and I'll leave you guys to guess what that white rectangle thing is. Teehee... Also, the lift is not done yet. I still have yet to put on the catwalk and chain guide. I'm just showing you guys the basic idea.
Posted Image
The themeing on this coaster will be a mixture of factory and water themeing. So, comment... if you want. :)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#2 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

Are you going to make it any higher? And could you color code the base? Looks bad with the mixture of metallic rods and then the yellow rods. I think the white rectangle is either for the splashdown or station. Wonder what else it could be.

#3 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

The tube looks to be leaning I would try and fix that if it is

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#4 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

The layout seems very intresting! Also I really like to colers you picked for the Ride, Tubes!

#5 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

Are you going to make it any higher? And could you color code the base? Looks bad with the mixture of metallic rods and then the yellow rods. I think the white rectangle is either for the splashdown or station. Wonder what else it could be.

Yes, I'm going to make it higher. That's simply a segment of the lift. I'm going to change those yellow rods to granite rods, it's just that I didn't have enough granite rods left over from Ningen. That's not what they are for. ;)

The tube looks to be leaning I would try and fix that if it is

Hmm... I think you're right. I'll see to it.

The layout seems very intresting! Also I really like to colers you picked for the Ride, Tubes!

Thanks!

With Ningen currently being deconstructed, I am getting ready to work on Droplet, which I will get an update in tomorrow hopefully. Right now, however, I have made some custom trains for this. I just wanted to hear some opinions on them. Comment... if you want.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#6 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Dude. I love them. Is it possible the make the back car only have one row? You know, since dive machines have 3 rows instead of 4.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#7 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

Those look fantastic! :D I love this idea!

Signature not available 

#8 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

Those seats look killer. Those are gonna look amazing if you're able to get them to run on the track without a ton of speed loss.

Posted Image

#9 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

Dude. I love them. Is it possible the make the back car only have one row? You know, since dive machines have 3 rows instead of 4.

Thanks! I changed it to 3 rows.

Those look fantastic! :D I love this idea!

Thanks! :)

Those seats look killer. Those are gonna look amazing if you're able to get them to run on the track without a ton of speed loss.

Thanks! Hopefully they won't cause much speed loss.

I have continued on more of the lift, getting most of it done. How is this so far?
Posted Image
Posted Image
The crest is a bit misshapen, but is this how they're supposed to look like on dive machines? I can never tell...
Finally, here is the new train, which now has 3 rows.
Posted Image
Comment... if you want.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#10 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

¡Me gusta mucho! Question, im guessing you are gonna use a power drill for the lift but am i correct? It looks pretty awesome from what i can see right now. :)

39797.png

#11 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

I had no idea you were going to make it that big...
Looks perfect so far, I really love the trains and red tubes.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#12 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Oh my gosh, this is so nice.. Dude, this looks like the best you have made yet! Just one thing though, how strong are those tubes?
Now you make me really want to clean my garage faster so I can build! :D

Signature not available 

#13 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Love the colors and train! I can't wait for the rest!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#14 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

Whoa, that's big. I really like the the new base over the old one.

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#15 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

That is probably one of the biggest Knex dive machines out there so great job.

K`nex always for life ;)

#16 intim305

intim305

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

WOW! Thats AMAZING!!! I love all of it!!!

#17 intim305

intim305

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

Also, for the trains id suggest using 3 cars, with 1 attachment each. Possibly a wider car too, and ive never tried this, but if you glue the chaingrab to the car, you could also do a holding brake!

#18 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

For a lift, that's impressive.

Posted Image

#19 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

Your crest looks a bit squashed, like somebody pushed down on it, and your turn dips down in the middle, which it shouldn't.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#20 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

¡Me gusta mucho! Question, im guessing you are gonna use a power drill for the lift but am i correct? It looks pretty awesome from what i can see right now. :)

Muchas gracias! No, you aren't correct. I'm using a motor. Thanks!

I had no idea you were going to make it that big...
Looks perfect so far, I really love the trains and red tubes.

To be honest, it's a little bigger than what I wanted it to be. Oh well... :P Thanks!

Oh my gosh, this is so nice.. Dude, this looks like the best you have made yet! Just one thing though, how strong are those tubes?
Now you make me really want to clean my garage faster so I can build! :D

Thanks! I agree with you. The tubes are strong enough to support everything they need to support. Glad I make you want to clean your garage so you can build. :)

Love the colors and train! I can't wait for the rest!

Thanks!

Whoa, that's big. I really like the the new base over the old one.

Me too

That is probably one of the biggest Knex dive machines out there so great job.

Thanks!

WOW! Thats AMAZING!!! I love all of it!! Also, for the trains id suggest using 3 cars, with 1 attachment each. Possibly a wider car too, and ive never tried this, but if you glue the chaingrab to the car, you could also do a holding brake!

Thanks! I'll keep your suggestion in mind, except for the wider car part since these are to scale of real dive machines (I checked), and plus making them wider would cause more speed loss.

For a lift, that's impressive.

Thanks!

Your crest looks a bit squashed, like somebody pushed down on it, and your turn dips down in the middle, which it shouldn't.

I'll take care of the crest soon, I didn't read this comment until just now. The curve should be better now. At the time, it was only being held up by a temporary support, but now it's held up by tubes.

I have done the drop. I am aware that there are a lot of straight spots in it. This track, at least the pullout, isn't final.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Is this a good angle to have the car stop at for the holding brake?
Posted Image
So like, the pullout is going to have to be somewhat tight due to space issues. Comment... if you want.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master