2015 coaster holiday world mayflower pilgrims

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

I am surprised there is not already a thread on this because since HW has launched their teaser campaign "66 Days At Sea", I have been banging my head everyday trying to figure out some of these "clues". I literally have not been able to dissect one drawing yet and I know that some of you guys are photo-shop pro's so I am interested to see if you can see something I can't. The pictures I am specifically talking about are the Mastiff picture on Day 13 and the Mayflower picture on Day 21.

Both of those pictures are clearly hiding something.

As for my current guess, I am going to have to go with a B&M Looper of some sort. Ever since the guys over at CoasterRadio.com put together pieces of an apparent blueprint, I noticed that the way the blueprint was labeled reminded me tremendously of GateKeeper.

Regardless of what this thing is, I am excited for it.

Hopefully this will spark some discussion.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#2 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

Day 22... 1/3 of the way there...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#3 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Screamscape guessed it might be a Mack water coaster. I think with all the references to the Mayflower that this is probably true. However, if they do build a water coaster, I'm hoping it's an Intamin (like divertical @ mirabilandia).

#4 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

I highly doubt it will be a water coaster, seeing as they already had Pilgrims Plunge (Giraffica)
Whatever it is, I think a trip to Indiana will be mandatory next year.

Edited by -=Zach=-, 10 June 2014 - 05:41 PM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#5 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Whole concept seems a bit too similar to the Voyage. Hope it is something different than the park offers currently.

#6 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

Oh god, what if it's RMC...

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#7 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

Screamscape guessed it might be a Mack water coaster. I think with all the references to the Mayflower that this is probably true. However, if they do build a water coaster, I'm hoping it's an Intamin (like divertical @ mirabilandia).

Considering that Holiday World JUST removed their own Intamin super splash Pilgrims' Plunge (aka Giraffica), that's going to be a "No". I would rule out Intamin in general.

I highly doubt it will be a water coaster, seeing as they already have Pilgrims Plunge (Giraffica)

Oh BTW, it happened quietly, but it was removed this spring.

Edited by pkiknex25, 10 June 2014 - 05:42 PM.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#8 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

They just finished removing Pilgrim's Plunge (made by Intamin), do to reliability issues. There is no way they would get another one.

I doubt that they would get another woodie, but anything's possible. I hope that they get a nice B&M or a Mack, but if they had to get a woodie, I hope they get a GCI or a kiddie coaster.

Edited by Killerbunny, 10 June 2014 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

Coaster Count: 73

1. Millenium Force 2. Montu 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Raging Bull 5. Maverick

#9 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

I made such an idiot of myself...

This might be another bad idea, but is it possible that Gravity Group fixes up the Voyage's layout similar to what they did with Hades (Hades 360)? Only reason I say this is because of all the mayflower references.
Just a thought.

#10 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

Any final guesses?

The announcement is tomorrow at 8:30 pm CDT and there will be a live stream starting at 8:15pm CDT. I cannot wait.

My final guess is the first B&M LSM Launch. The clue yesterday really, really makes it seem like a WingRider... so lets make that guess B&M Wingrider LSM Launch (like a B&M version of Furius Baco) with 5 inversions. The name... Thunderbird.

Edited by Chubs33, 23 July 2014 - 09:20 AM.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#11 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Multi-Launched Mack similar to Helix. That's my guess.

#12 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

A B&M windgrider seems very plausible, but it's supposed to be one-of-a-kind...if they did a 4D coaster like X2, I'd die. Of happiness.

#13 Rob2

Rob2

• 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

my guess is it would be a rmc coaster that is enclosed with a few daylight popups. also maybe a standup one.

#14 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

I really think it's a wing rider. But a big one

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#15 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

Definitely B&M.
Either a wingrider, flyer, or an invert... But all of those have been done before, right? The park manager's daughter, Leah, posted that it would be the "first of it's kind", so...
Proof:
Banshee's Footers:
http://3.bp.blogspot...shee9-8 (7).JPG
Gatekeeper's Footers:
http://2.bp.blogspot...eeperFeb25d.jpg

New Ride's Footers (Blueprint):
http://1.bp.blogspot...IMG_1921[1].JPG

Edit: This may be a wild guess, but hints in the article lead me in the direction of a suspended coaster... Plus the park manager's daughter, Leah, posted that it would be the "first of it's kind". But B&M? All I know for sure is that tomorrow will be HUGE!

Edit 2: Can anybody for the love of GOD please figure out what this is?
http://www.holidaywo...hBelievable.jpg
It's titled in the URL: Mastiff Sketch Believable. Maybe a herring?

Edited by IonZer0, 23 July 2014 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#16 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

A launch dog? Something about it's chin is drawing my attention.

The other sketch is clearly a blueprint for footers. But look how close together the ones to the right are. A new element perhaps? C66 also has an annotation for a pier. Mysterious, indeed.

Could this be the launched 4D B&M I've been dreaming about?

Edited by The Stig, 23 July 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#17 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

Meh. Its a woodie. (Sarcasm galore)

I'm not very good at reading blueprints. Is the dog a metaphor?

Edited by Mister Piglette, 23 July 2014 - 10:45 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#18 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

I think it could be a laughed coaster. Like Stig said, a launch dog, so maybe a cable launch on a B&M coaster? Probably not though.

#19 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

I think B&M would be more likely to go with a magnetic launch. There are a lot less mechanical parts that could go wrong (I'm looking at you Dragster...) with magnetic, and we all know B&M is about reliability.

SSCoasters Staff

#20 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

Most likely B&M, hopefully a new ride type. (4D launched, c'mon!)

Whatever it is, I know I will have my popcorn ready at 8:30.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 coaster, holiday world, mayflower, pilgrims