Equinox Goes away (Cancelled)

guess

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: What element should I do?

What element should I do?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hello guys, since I talk to much when I start a thread I'm going super simple now. Just try and guess what I am doing it will have inversions and airtime hills

*Photos

Posted ImagePosted Image
Yepadooski my friend

Edited by JayketheKid, 16 July 2014 - 01:21 PM.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#2 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

Love your b&m pre drop. The shaping is also great.

#3 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

Sweet! :D It looks perfect.

Signature not available 

#4 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

What happened to Mamba, don't say that it is cancelled...

#5 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

What happened to Mamba, don't say that it is cancelled...

Well yes. I was doing some measuring and found out I do not have enough space for it to keep it accurate. Add to that I basically only have five ss sets.(one ss and a son of serpent which basically is four) also my parents didn't want something so big that it "ruined" the look of our basement. Please it looks terrible with all the peices laying around. But anyways yes. I have the worst building record of anyone. And I feel bad about it

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

#6 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

dude! that predrop is AMAZING

#7 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

I am using a six car train. Should I extend it or just keep it. I am targeting an appolos chariot drop

#8 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

Don't feel bad about canceling a few times. There have been people in the past who've cancelled more than you have. It seems quite obvious that you know how to build a good coaster, it's just that sticking with a coaster can be hard when you have a lot of problems. Going simple like you are doing right now is the best idea.

I'm loving the predrop. It looks like it's the perfect length (comparing to AC), and the shaping on the crest looks pretty good as well.:)

#9 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for comments people. You peeps are the best!
Okay to day guys I only have one photo. I am wondering if I should start the pullout earlier than what it would be here in this photo. I don't have the pullout built I was just wondering where a good start for it would be. I am sure that it is way to late though
Posted Image
Tell me what you think as I am hoping that this will be my best coaster.

#10 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

I have the worst building record of anyone. And I feel bad about it

No you don't. I have started several coasters and none of them have been finished. So, I have the worst building record, I started like 6 coasters, and they all flopped.
I think the pullout should be started earlier. It looks fine now, but it will have a teeny tiny pullout, and a large drop area. I think you should start the pullout just a tiny bit sooner. You could do that by removing that last triangle support, and start the pullout there. (IMO) Looks great! :)

Signature not available 

#11 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

What you did with the drop structure (making it go down 1 diagonal black rod) is really weird. I think you should change it so it isn't like that. There's other solutions to the problem you're facing with this.

One is have the track "dig" into the supports.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#12 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

That predrop reminds me of Apollo's Chariot.
Aside from that, it looks like youre limiting yourself to only build above the supports (Kind of what coastergeek said)
As far as the pullout goes, You should be good as long as the drop doesn't get steeper.

#13 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

No you don't. I have started several coasters and none of them have been finished. So, I have the worst building record, I started like 6 coasters, and they all flopped.
I think the pullout should be started earlier. It looks fine now, but it will have a teeny tiny pullout, and a large drop area. I think you should start the pullout just a tiny bit sooner. You could do that by removing that last triangle support, and start the pullout there. (IMO) Looks great! :)

I have started the pullout earlier and it looks great now

What you did with the drop structure (making it go down 1 diagonal black rod) is really weird. I think you should change it so it isn't like that. There's other solutions to the problem you're facing with this.

One is have the track "dig" into the supports.

yea I tried making it go into the supports but it made it oddly weak/ I sure if I was using yellow rod boxes it would be great. I have solved the diagonal problem though but I still kept it

That predrop reminds me of Apollo's Chariot.
Aside from that, it looks like youre limiting yourself to only build above the supports (Kind of what coastergeek said)
As far as the pullout goes, You should be good as long as the drop doesn't get steeper.

An Appolos Chariot drop is what im am targeting. yea I fixed the pullout it starts one red rod higher now.

Ok guys. this is just a verbal update. nothing to it but I just wanted to say I am not ready to do inversions considering one of my cars lost a wheel that would be under the rails. but this is just going to be a hyper inspired by appolos chariot, shambhala and diamond back.

#14 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Okay no replies but as I said up there, this is just going to be a very big hyper.
Hello guys Jayke here with update number two. I have finished the drop and it's very smooth and the heart lining is just about right. Not much else to say. Okay guys auto save is not working so I can only upload one photo at a time so I will get the others on later
Posted Image
EDIT: I can fit in another photo! YaY!
Posted Image

Edited by JayketheKid, 23 June 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#15 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

The drop looks nice but you should start banking earlier and the pullout have to be bigger. Nice coaster so far!

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#16 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Well the reason the pullout is so small is the space restriction I have to work with. If I could I would though

#17 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

The banking does indeed need some work, it needs to start earlier.

#18 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:31 AM

That looks very smooth. Nice work on this one.

Posted Image

#19 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

The drop looks nice but you should start banking earlier and the pullout have to be bigger. Nice coaster so far!

This. However, you have a great start.

#20 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Thanks!!

The banking does indeed need some work, it needs to start earlier.

Yea I know it need work but I'm going to explain some stuff down there

That looks very smooth. Nice work on this one.

Thanks a lot! I'm not that far into it and it's already my favorite build

This. However, you have a great start.

Thanks,

Hello guys I have a quick verbal update. Let's just say that the B&M part of this ride is cancelled. I from now on will not be targeting any manufacturer. It will just be built to show you guys what I can create. Alan schilke is my inspiration so it might look a bit RMC. And inversions are back on the slate. But not like loops or cobra rolls. Even though I am taking out B&M from this coaster the pre drop is staying. It's too good!! Please share your opinion on this idea

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guess