What does your username mean?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

We pretty much all have different (weird) usernames, and sometimes I question what someone else's username means or how they got it. So that is what this thread is for :)

I guess I can go first.

My username is obviously green pig111. I got it way back when I used to play runescape like 6 years ago. When I was getting an account for it, my brother told me to pick a random color and then an animal I liked, followed by the same number a few times. Mine came out as greenpig1111 and it has stayed ever since then. Gotta love history...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#2 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

There is another thread like this, but it has not been used in years. I love the idea of it!

Gvus2001 is simple, it comes from my nickname (Gvus ((pronounced Jee-vis))) and my birth year (2001).

#3 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

I came up with my username in middle school, when I was kinda into DDR. The number is completely random, but I've used it for multiple things.

Edit: I made up this story where it stood for Drachen Fire, Top Thrill Dragster, and Raptor, so I could say it wasn't actually DDR. Back when I cared what people thought.

#4 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

PKI = Paramount's Kings Island
Knex = duh...
And 25 has always been favorite number.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#5 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Got a problem? Easy, Blame Canada.

Check me out

Youtube

#6 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

My name is distinctly meaningless. But the story about it goes back to when I was 9 or so playing Halo for the PC. I needed an online name and at some point, somehow I came up with Obese Cow and Old Hag. Old Hag is the one that stuck, and I've used it for Xbox Live and a couple forums.

#7 Terry Hughes

Terry Hughes

Knex Coaster Noob

• 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

When I signed up using FB to connect, the forum picked my real name over my user name.

So meaning of my name? According to urbandictionary.com:

Terrance

Someone who is good at everything, master at nothing... Worldly traveler, Dashing good looks but relies on his personality, humor and wit much more.... International Gentleman of Leisure... Great to be around.... Party doesnt start until Terrance arrives.. Smells Great Always....

Hughes
Adj. Being or acting like a huge dick, being rude, not knowing anything.

So I come from a family of dicks but Ive transcended that into a worldly traveler. That sounds pretty accurate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5: Gatekeeper | Millennium Force | Magnum XL-200 | Excalibur | High Roller

WIP: Spongebob Squarepants Rock Bottom Plunge - VV recreation

#8 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

Absolutely Nothing!

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#9 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Just be cause Terry did it...

Graham
A tall handsome and utterly f*** worthy dude that has no place on this earth as it is entirely beneath him. Women fall at his feet and are often found exploding in orgasm as he may pass them by.

Cowles.
when you go over a jump on your mountain bike and land on your neck breaking your back and heaps of teeth.

That is so utterly perfect... UD is never wrong

#10 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Since they did it...

Ryan
the cutest guy ever, and has the greatest respect for girls, is funny, and very very LOVING!

Reneker
There wasn't any search results for this

But my username? I got that back in 8th grade. I was in Algebra 1 class, and the teacher was going around to make sure we did had our homework done. When she was like 1 row away from me, I randomly blurted out "I like turtles!" After that, she called me Turtle Man. The 24 is for my favorite NASCAR driver, Jeff Gordon(who also won today's race at the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway).

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#11 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

Well, i am a coaster geek. What can i say. I dont particularly like my username but i don't know what else to have it as so its kinda stuck.

As for my real name (which is Trevor) look it up on Urban Dictionary, i dont wanna post what it means here. :P

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#12 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

It's just a name I liked when I was younger. So I kept it.

Urban Dictionary:

Spoiler

#13 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

Killerbunny703 has been my XBL gamer tag for many years. I actually thought of it a few months before I first saw the movie, that's why my name isn't Killer rabbit. The 703 is, of course, my b-day.

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

Coaster Count: 73

1. Millenium Force 2. Montu 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Raging Bull 5. Maverick

#14 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:53 AM

My original username was 1coasterfreak, back when I joined in 2008. Then I wanted something more unique, so I came up with ~stεεlspectrum~. The only significance is that steel is used to build roller coasters. I thought the tildes were a nice touche, and who doesn't love the Greek alphabet?

I prefer people call me "Steel", or use my real name.

#15 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

awinter- Aidan Winter

Aidan- An incredibly amazing guy who usually has brown hair, dark skin, and an incredible body. He is the best type of boyfriend who is always there for his significant other. Although Aidan's are prone to some mistakes they are even more prone to learning from them and becoming even more amazing due to them. He has a beautiful smile and makes any girl melt as they laugh at his humor. He is sweet, charming, hot, polite, intelligent, romantic, considerate, caring, helpful, and the best type of person to fall in love with.

Winter- One of four seasons, starting on December 21st, and ending on March 21st.

It is widely enjoyed by kids, due to activities such as Snowmen-making, Tubing, Snowmobiling, and Skiing.

However it is widely despised by anyone above the age of 16, due to activities such as scraping a car's windshield clean of ice, dangerous driving conditions, and higher heating bills.

Plus it puts quite the damper on smoking outside.

Note: People who live in states such as California, Texas, Florida, etc., are usually shunned for complaining about this season.

#16 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

Well,
the "i" means nothing but I feel it 'cuz High-tech!
The "Coaster" is obviously obvious! :P
and "44" because my birth date is 04/04/99
Crappy username indeed! :P

Edit: my last username was roidurct3 because "roidu" means "king of" in French and "rct3" because Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.
Yup, worst username ever..

Edited by iCoaster44, 28 July 2014 - 08:08 AM.

My K'nex Models:

Tsun/\mi

#17 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hot dogs that are soggy.
Pretty straightforward.

#18 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

REXENK = KNEXER backwords
Because I couldn't use knex in my username...:)

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#19 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

I bet no one will guess the background story of my username!!!(rebel)

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#20 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

I bet no one will guess the background story of my username!!!(rebel)

Is it just your first name as I know some guys named yannick.

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting