launched thezachman28

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

Okay so with the plans for taking down Droplet being official, I have started on the next coaster.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I don't know what the element is, does anyone know? Also, is this an inversion? I'm not sure... (lol so many questions)
Anyway, that's all I have for now. Comment... if you want.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#2 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

I would call that a Jr Immelmann (or Jr Dive Loop). Not counted as an inversion on Black Mamba, and I would say yours is so similar that it shouldn't either.

Posted Image

It's looking good so far.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#3 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

I like it a lot, it will look even better with tubing! It's a shame about droplet, but I'm sure this will be awesome as well!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#4 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

That already looks spectacular... :D

39797.png

#5 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

That looks very impressive.
Is this the pre lift section, or just a small ending element?

#6 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

I would call that a Jr Immelmann (or Jr Dive Loop). Not counted as an inversion on Black Mamba, and I would say yours is so similar that it shouldn't either.

Posted Image

I would agree with you, however:
The element looks exactly alike, with shape and size I guess, but if you check the banking and visualise adding a car to it, it would almost be completely up side down, resulting in an inversion. The picture you showed, shows the element's banking and it looks like the banking is just like a banked turn verses inverting, like SCM's element looks to be.

I think it is an inversion for SCM.

If that makes sense?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#7 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

Yea that's what I think. Will this be like the newer smoother elongated inverts or quick and snappy like alpengeist

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#8 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

The element looks exactly alike, with shape and size I guess, but if you check the banking and visualise adding a car to it, it would almost be completely up side down, resulting in an inversion. The picture you showed, shows the element's banking and it looks like the banking is just like a banked turn verses inverting, like SCM's element looks to be.

If that makes sense?

I did consider banking, and I respectfully disagree.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#9 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

^ I agree. We don't consider overbanks inversions, and that is essentially what it is. While the shaping is different, the idea is the same.

In the bottom left corner of the first and third pictures the entrance (Or exit) looks a wee bit sharp. Smooth that out and it will be perfect.

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

Coaster Count: 73

1. Millenium Force 2. Montu 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Raging Bull 5. Maverick

#10 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

Okay I can see your guys' point. I was only looking in the last photo and it looks like the banking is vertical until you look at the other pictures. Problem solved :)

I like the element. And I do also think there is a sharp spot where he indicated ^ . I love inverts, make me proud Elliot :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#11 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:34 AM

What kind of Invert will it be? B&M perhaps?

In pieces logo thing

#12 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

-picture-

You do have a good point there. Thank you.

I like it a lot, it will look even better with tubing! It's a shame about droplet, but I'm sure this will be awesome as well!

Yes it is a shame, Droplet would've been pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Thanks!

That already looks spectacular... :D

Thanks!

That looks very impressive.
Is this the pre lift section, or just a small ending element?

It's one of the small ending ending elements. Thanks!

If that makes sense?

I will have my say in this. The element I made is not inverting, nor anywhere close to it. The very top of it is roughly 55º. It's more of an overbank than anything else. Saying that the element is an inversion would be like saying a pretzel turnaround is an inversion pretty much.

Yea that's what I think. Will this be like the newer smoother elongated inverts or quick and snappy like alpengeist

This will be like the newer smoother elongated ones I guess. Aplengeist was quick and snappy? o.o Sure didn't seem like it when I went on it. It had a pretty long layout that would be difficult to recreate.

I did consider banking, and I respectfully disagree.

Agreed.

^ I agree. We don't consider overbanks inversions, and that is essentially what it is. While the shaping is different, the idea is the same.

In the bottom left corner of the first and third pictures the entrance (Or exit) looks a wee bit sharp. Smooth that out and it will be perfect.

Exactly. I meant for it to be an inversion, but oh well, haha. I think I fixed the spot you were talking about... if we are both thinking of the same spot, that is. I made the pullin smaller.

Okay I can see your guys' point. I was only looking in the last photo and it looks like the banking is vertical until you look at the other pictures. Problem solved :)

I like the element. And I do also think there is a sharp spot where he indicated ^ . I love inverts, make me proud Elliot :D

Wow, this almost turned controversial. That would've been the first time I've seen that happen on a construction thread. I'll make sure to make you proud, Mr. Piglet. ;)

What kind of Invert will it be? B&M perhaps?

It will be a B&M ish one, but that's not what I'm going for. I'm not going for any particular style, just simply an invert.

So I made the first corkscrew. (Spoiler alert) There's another corkscrew coming afterwards. I'll try to get at least a section done a day, so I should be getting this thing done real quick.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
By the way, the structure without any track on it is going to be a loop. Once I get that done, I'll clean up my room, so I might not have any updates for a while after today, depending on how long it takes me to get Droplet taken down. I'll probably still use the grey comforter for the ground, it looks nice. Comment... if you want.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#13 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

Does the jr Immelmann lead into the corkscrew(s)? I like shaping, your corkscrew seems to draw out a little longer than most and I like it a lot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#14 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

I'm liking the compact ending, will you be building the entire coaster backwards?

#15 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Does the jr Immelmann lead into the corkscrew(s)? I like shaping, your corkscrew seems to draw out a little longer than most and I like it a lot.

That it does. Thanks!

I'm liking the compact ending, will you be building the entire coaster backwards?

Thanks! Yes, the entire thing will be more or less built backwards.

Guys... something strange is happening. I took these videos around 2PM, but the lighting makes it look like it was much later. There was still the same amount of light outside, it was just my room that was noticeably darker. Strange. Anyway, I've made the loop. This is pretty much the final thing I'll make for a while. I have to clear space and get my pieces back.
Posted Image
Posted Image
And here's a cool picture because why not?
Posted Image
Comment... if you want.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#16 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

Looks very nice and compact.

#17 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

Love it SCM! Seems very smooth and I really like the jr. Immelmann. Very smart idea to build backwards on an invert, since those seem to have to most speed lost.

#18 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

It's looking great!.:) I love that loop, nothing needs tweaking at all in my opinion. Is it going to be launched powered or a lift hill?

Signature not available 

#19 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Looking very nice!
Reminds me a lot of Nemesis, which is the best looking invert IMO.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#20 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Damn I love that loop. This is looking really intense. Carry on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: launched, thezachman28