• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 X7123M3-256

X7123M3-256

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

This just got posted to Reddit. It looks similar to CoasterDynamix, but for Arrow instead of B&M. As far as I can tell it's not available yet, but they clearly have a working prototype. I thought some people here might be interested.

#2 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:07 PM

I wonder what the price for that is... It's cool to see arrow-like model track that is actually accurate, with the wheels being on the inside instead like the real thing. 

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#3 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

I just saw this on Reddit as well. Looks interesting.

I wish there were more info on it.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#4 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

I imagine the issue will be cost, like it was with Coasterdynamix. K'NEX can't even get roller coasters to sell well and they have a much better distribution network.

#5 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

Looks like it could be interesting. It does say low cost since it reuses common parts but I guess the market will be the judge of that. I wonder if the train speed can be improved as much as a K'nex train with weights and lubricant. It looks quite good though.

Edited by CW5X, 23 August 2017 - 02:59 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#6 X7123M3-256

X7123M3-256

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

I guess it depends on how heavy the stock train is. There's an optimal weight before you start losing more energy to track flexure than you're gaining from adding the weight. I found CD trains to perform worse when weighted, but these ones are quite a bit larger than CD.

It's hard to judge the train speed since they've not posted an overview that shows the whole layout - it seems to be less efficient than CD but more so than Knex. It's not clear if the train in the video has been lubricated but I would guess not?

#7 IvanReese

IvanReese

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:22 AM

"It's hard to judge the train speed since they've not posted an overview that shows the whole layout - it seems to be less efficient than CD but more so than Knex. It's not clear if the train in the video has been lubricated but I would guess not?"

Hmm, I guess not..

Edited by IvanReese, 19 March 2018 - 10:23 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: small and large woodie, thezachman28