FrIeDeGgS' Trip to Six Flags Great America!!!

great adventure lambchopz sfga six flags trip report

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

I haven't been on SSC recently, but I did go to Six Flags Great America Wednesday this week. :D We were originally going to go to Indiana Beach, but they had bad reviews saying it was dirty and such, and Great America wasn't that much farther away, and it has a lot more coasters. Six Flags was the first theme park I've been to, otherwise, I've only been to the county fair. On Wednesday, we left at about 8:30, which was later than we wanted to leave. We were planning on leaving at 8 lol. We still actually got there about 10 minutes early because we forgot about the timezone change, but there were still tons of people there. After we got in, we were lost for about 20 minutes, and ended up going to the bathroom right where Batman was. We looked at the map a while, and decided to go to Whizzer, because my mom wanted me to go on something small first. I'm the only person in my family who really does roller coasters, but my older brother also went with me on Whizzer.

Whizzer was about a 30 minute wait. It was more fun than I thought it was, pretty cool that it had a spiral lift. It was fun for the first coaster of the day. I really thought the part where it goes close to the ground was cool, and me and my brother rode in the back. :)

Since my mom wanted me to go on smaller coasters first, we went on Viper next, the woodie. By this time, all the coasters had pretty long wait times, and Viper was about an hour wait from what I remember. Viper was really fun, and the first woodie I've been on. It was really rough, but not enough that it hurts or wasn't enjoyable. My brother went with me on it, and we rode in the very back, again. I was a bit of a wuss and I didn't really put my hands up at all except towards the end. :P

After that we ate some lunch, the food wasn't really that good, but we got chicken fingers and fries from this place right near Raging Bull. The fries were bad lol. My mom, sister, and dad went in this teacup ride near the place we sat down and ate at (they really don't do roller coasters! :P). I was feeling really tired for some reason then and I sat at the table in the shade of a small tree for a while for maybe half an hour. After that, I went to X Flight, my family thought it was really crazy lol, and my brother didn't go on anything else that day.

Picture of Raging Bull, near that taco place that also sold chicken fingers.
Posted Image

I also got a picture of American Eagle, I didn't get to go on it, maybe next year.
Posted Image

I went in the seat thing in front of the entrance to X Flight, I obviously fit in it, because I'm tiny, lol. Since I was the only one in my family who was going to ride X Flight, I went with some other people who were riding it, a mom and her son. We talked about random stuff, just like about the coasters and such. It started raining a bit when we were in the line, then we went in the building under the station, after we got out, it was still raining, and a bit harder, luckily it stopped a while before we were about to go on it. I went on the left wing, kind of near the front and it was really fun. I loved every bit of X Flight. It was really smooth, and really fun, I folded my legs in at certain parts because I thought they were going to hit the supports! It was short, but awesome, definitely really cool for my first B&M and my first wingrider. I got a lot of pictures of X Flight, and a video offride, since it was the only coaster not surrounded by a ton of trees and such. Maybe if we go next year and I have a gopro I could get some onride stuff. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After that, I went on Raging Bull, I only got one picture of it because there's a lot of trees around it, and I didn't have my IPod while I was in the line, next time I'll bring it in the line. :P It was about an hour wait for Raging Bull, but I didn't care because I HAD to ride it. It was so awesome, I had my hands up almost the entire time and was screaming, not because I was scared :P, after the first drop anyways... I was in the row right behind the first row, I wanted to go in the very back, but it was still really fun. It was really smooth too, and I really liked the overbank. After going on that, it's hard to decide if I like X Flight or Raging Bull more. I went with a group of 5 other kids, younger than me by about 3 years I think, and one of their moms, because like I said, my family doesn't do roller coasters. :P

Goliath was closed when we got there, and until maybe 6 or so, and when we went to check if it was open, there was a 2 hour wait... So we went to see if Batman was open, it got stuck on the lift hill and they had to close it down, so we went to the Dark Knight, the indoor wild mouse which is completely dark, except for the parts with flashing lights and such. It was pretty fun, it had a lot of sharp turns and some really small really sharp hills at the end. The theming was pretty cool too. It had a short line, about half an hour at most.

I just realized my finger is in there..
Posted Image

After that, my family said they walked by Batman and they said it was open, so we (me and the group of kids, and one of the kid's mom) went to Batman, it had a short line, about half an hour and we went in the very back. Batman was really rough, really fast, and really fun, mostly the corkscrews and turns. I loved it, especially the drop and the zero G roll. Since the line was short like I said, we ended up going on it again! We went in the very back the second time too. The first time I had my head forwards, and my head got whipped around like crazy, I was actually a little dizzy when I got off lol. But the second time, I didn't put my head forward, it was still rough, but at least I wasn't dizzy when I got off. :P

Posted Image

I didn't get to ride Superman, but I got a few quick pictures of it when I remembered. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

A crappy one of Superman from the parking lot, hehe.
Posted Image

I really loved everything, I was really tired at the end, but very happy. It didn't help that I had to sit in the middle seat, and my butt hurt and my foot, lol. I didn't get to ride all the coasters, but the ones I did were awesome, hopefully we'll go next year, and I'll have more pictures, and I'll get to ride Goliath, Demon, Vertical Velocity, Superman, and American Eagle.

Also, one question, if I go next year and I had more pictures, would I just post in this thread again?

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: great adventure, lambchopz, sfga, six flags, trip report