coasterman345 looper tubes

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

This is my next project, and depending on when it is finessed it will either be a stand up, or sit down, and have one name or another. Please give as much constructive criticism as possible, so I can learn. (smart) You can even say "It sucks balls," if you really think it does, but please say why.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Coasterman345, 13 March 2015 - 09:59 PM.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#2 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

That's really good, but the pullout of the drop is way too small. Maybe just raise the last tube support up a granite or two and it should get you the right size.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#3 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

Looks good, but I agree with Jay, the pullout is too small. Also, in the third picture down the drop has a weird sideways kink. Fix that and it should be great. :)

Posted Image

#4 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

I love that predrop!
One thing is that the crest of the lift is a little small, same goes for the pullout. Other than that you should be good to go =)

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#5 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

It's been a long time, like 3 pages back long. So here it is. 3 pics. One for each page this ride was pushed back. I'e been too lazy to take pics. The pre drop has gone under major renovations, like too many to count; same with the drop and the loop. The pullout needs to be fixed, but I'm not doing it yet, until I have some motivation. So, what do I do next? Cobral Roll, Immelmann, or something like on the ride Snitch after the loop. Help me decide.

Pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you have a Kindle Fire:

Amazon.com: Fly!: Appstore for Android

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

#6 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

Looks pretty sweet, the drop is looking better, but an overview would be helpful to make sure.

#7 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

That looks really nice. I like the look of this coaster.

Posted Image

#8 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:25 AM

The shaping of the looping looks really nice, but I would place the V-shaped supports lower on the loop. This will not only look better, but also make your loop a lot stronger. Changing this sounds quite drastic, but the track is strong enough, so it should be an easy fix.

Posted Image

#9 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

The shaping looks pretty good and all, just fix the supports of the loop. You might also want to place the wheel at the end of the crest a bit higher, to make the chain run smooth.

Posted Image

#10 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

Looks pretty sweet, the drop is looking better, but an overview would be helpful to make sure.

Thanks, I like this build a lot too.

That looks really nice. I like the look of this coaster.

Thanks! That means a lot coming from a builder as prestigious as you.

The shaping of the looping looks really nice, but I would place the V-shaped supports lower on the loop. This will not only look better, but also make your loop a lot stronger. Changing this sounds quite drastic, but the track is strong enough, so it should be an easy fix.

Thanks! It does look a lot better now, and with no change in speed loss, it goes through it equally fast, if not faster.

The shaping looks pretty good and all, just fix the supports of the loop. You might also want to place the wheel at the end of the crest a bit higher, to make the chain run smooth.

Thank you, the supports on the loop are fixed. I will fix the tire when I add the chain.

Thanks everyone for commenting, I really appreciate it. Here are the pictures. I went through many modifications, starting with cobra roll where it was inverted the whole time. I know someone made one I can't remember who, either way, it was horrible. After that, was a backwards sidewinder, and a cruddy over banked turn, and a small hill it barely made, which was really small, and far away from the station area/base of the lift. Now ti make a right turn, into a heart line roll. I just need help on ideas for the turnaround. I really can't have it go much farther that way.

Captions at the top.

The pre-drop:

Posted Image

The drop:

Posted Image

The loop:

Posted Image
Posted Image

The turn & my EV3:

Posted Image

A straight spot that will annoy you because I won't fix it because I'm evil. (6)

Posted Image

The Heartline roll:

Posted Image

My Fav pic.

Posted Image

How much space I'm left with. (To the wicker chest)

Posted Image

Test Video:

I could blame my slow progress on my brother falling on the pre-drop, but that took all of 10 minutes to fix. Oh, and I guess no one owns a Kindle Fire.

What do you think?

Edited by Coasterman345, 16 November 2014 - 07:38 PM.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

#11 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

looks pretty dang sweet! I love the barrel roll! And that straight spot.. >_<

In pieces logo thing

#12 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:36 PM

That's really, really good. Your trains sound healthy too.

Posted Image

#13 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:29 PM

Okay, verbal update. I added a drop after the heartland roll, an approx. 200º turn, followed by a corkscrew courtesy of CC10, I believe. It is now in three pieces and construction will resume after Christmas. (My roller coaster was where we put the tree)

Thanks for positive comments. Quick question, I use Silicone Spray to lube my cars, is that bad? (It's not WD-40) I can post a video with it being used. (Yes, I made a tuto a few years back, so yes, I have a high pitched child voice, get over it.)

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

#14 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

That heartline looks amazing! I love the unique layout.

#15 NFC

NFC

Construction Foreman

• 148 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:35 PM

Eh, Your way of lubing your cars might work for awhile but its always nice to properly lube and clean everything. This may take awhile but the results are amazing.

#16 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

Well, big update time! A lot has gone on since last update, I was eager to show what I've done, so there aren't a lot of pics, which will be in the final update. It doesn't completely work, but that is expected as the track has warped as it was taken apart into four sections, and the train needs to be lubed. It will work, as it did previously when it was lubed. I need to fix one of the motors, and tweak some of the programming and the automation will be complete. The biggest problem currently is the chain lift does not work currently. The shaping could be better, but my mom wants it done and taken apart ASAP, soI can't fix the shaping, and to be honest, I don't feel like doing it either. And that moment when this is your fourth coaster in a row without cutting tubing. :D

Here are the pics, and check another thread *hint* *hint.* I also have two videos, one of the automation, one of it almost working.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Videos:

Show some <3 today, because its Valentine's Day, and post a comment!

Edited by Coasterman345, 14 February 2015 - 05:57 PM.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

#17 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

If you don't like the shaping, just say you're building a Togo. Then nobody can complain. Simple. I hope you can get it all working again because it's a cool little ride but it's a shame you'll have to take it apart so soon.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#18 NFC

NFC

Construction Foreman

• 148 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

Looks amazing actually. But there is one flaw I see. There is a green flexi that is not connected to the track. Hopefully you can get everything working at its full potential before your mom makes you take it down.

Posted Image

#19 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:38 PM

I think that turn after the loop is hurting your speed a bit, not sure if there is anything you can do about that though. Hopefully you can find a way to get it working. :)

Posted Image

#20 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

If you don't like the shaping, just say you're building a Togo. Then nobody can complain. Simple. I hope you can get it all working again because it's a cool little ride but it's a shame you'll have to take it apart so soon.

Haha, true. It seems to be working now, thanks to some "magic."

Looks amazing actually. But there is one flaw I see. There is a green flexi that is not connected to the track. Hopefully you can get everything working at its full potential before your mom makes you take it down.

Thank you! I got that and found a few other stragglers and connected them.

I think that turn after the loop is hurting your speed a bit, not sure if there is anything you can do about that though. Hopefully you can find a way to get it working. :)

Actually my father and my brother came up with a genius idea. The magic, is masking tape, taping a support to the couch to make it incredibly sturdy. This is the final update, So I didn't see any big need for any pictures. Here is the final video, enjoy!

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coasterman345, looper, tubes