launched thezachman28

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

So I wanted to try something different than what most people build with this coaster. Starting with a launch, this coaster will be my toughest project yet, and I am actually kinda scared to get into it. :o
For those of you who know what I am building, please don't tell anyone. But you already knew that. :P
Anyway, this is my first cable launch that works, and I am having problems getting a good amount of power out of the release. I can't extend the launch unless I want to buy more of those orange tube connecting half moons.

Here is what I got:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The rod in the middle is what is used to release the cord. I'm still working on making the release smoother :P
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Launch test:
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

If you guys know of anything that could possibly help me out, please let me know. Thanks. :)

Edited by -=Zach=-, 14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#2 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:44 AM

This is very nice and I'm looking forward to seeing what it turns into! Though I do agree the release could be improved, I suck at launches so I can't help you! :(

#3 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:49 AM

Basically, it's getting stuck because the teeth on the adjacent gears aren't lined up with each other. If they're lined up, it should slide right out. Try using a hot glue gun to glue each pair of gears together. Might also help to lubricate the gears so they slide more easily.

Alternatively, you could use just one gear instead of 2 next to each other. That's what I would do, personally.

#4 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:15 AM

Have you tried Maarten's launch or Jesper's? The Maarten one is longer, but gives more power I think. Also what is that material you are using for the launch? (The green thingy) Theo only ride I could think of that wouldn't make sense with to start with the launch is Cheetah Hunt, or Maverick.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#5 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:53 AM

This is very nice and I'm looking forward to seeing what it turns into! Though I do agree the release could be improved, I suck at launches so I can't help you! :(

Thank you! It's alright, I hardly know anything too.

Basically, it's getting stuck because the teeth on the adjacent gears aren't lined up with each other. If they're lined up, it should slide right out. Try using a hot glue gun to glue each pair of gears together. Might also help to lubricate the gears so they slide more easily.

Alternatively, you could use just one gear instead of 2 next to each other. That's what I would do, personally.

This really did help, now the release is smooth as can be. I initially used two because I feared one gear wouldn't be strong enough. Obviously I was wrong. Thanks a ton!

Have you tried Maarten's launch or Jesper's? The Maarten one is longer, but gives more power I think. Also what is that material you are using for the launch? (The green thingy) Theo only ride I could think of that wouldn't make sense with to start with the launch is Cheetah Hunt, or Maverick.

Maarten's launch and Jesper's launch concepts both use too many pieces that I don't have. Also, both of them take up too much space. I basically had to make a launch that was really small, and didn't use many pieces, but was still functional. Also, the band I'm using is one of those workout bands, the thinnest one I could find. Works pretty much the same as surgical tubing. Oh, and nope, not Intamin blitz. ;)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#6 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:09 AM

Surprised I didn't see this sooner but regardless this is Gonna be way too coaster for me.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#7 Dragon_drake_5012

Dragon_drake_5012

Annoying orange

• 214 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

Nice. Should have checked it out sooner.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/oneillperson/Banshee-1.jpg~original
Thanks ~steelspectrum~
Top ten:
1: Banshee 2: Diamondback 3: Beast 4: T Express 5: Steel dragon 2000 6: Leviathan 7: Dauling Dragon 8: Helix 9: expedition geforce 10: racer
(H) My name means dragon (H)
I am the only banshee man

#8 Maxwell Graham

Maxwell Graham

Knexmax

• 43 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

Nice launch. I also have done this launch before. I can help you with it. Are you on google plus?

#9 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

Looks sweet Zach, too bad shipping costs a lot because I have about a hundred of the tube connecting halfmoons that I never use.
And for how much we said our launches were gonna be the same, yours is set up very differently from mine.

#10 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

looks sweet!,

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#11 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

I like this design. Having done a micro launch before, I must ask, why not directly use the drill to rewind the launch as opposed to the three layers of red gears? I feel that design would minimize error and gear usage.

#12 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

I guess with the tubes this one may be SHAKY. Ah man im excited for this. I can wait to see people's reaction when you announce it xD

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#13 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

And for how much we said our launches were gonna be the same, yours is set up very differently from mine

What was that last part? Hmm... Collaboration? Or working on the same ride? I wonder...

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

#14 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

My wild guess is a premier rides launch.

#15 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

I'm glad you figured out the release mechanism. Those are always tricky.
You've got me all excited for this build! I can't wait to see what you have planned.

Posted Image

#16 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

I like this design. Having done a micro launch before, I must ask, why not directly use the drill to rewind the launch as opposed to the three layers of red gears? I feel that design would minimize error and gear usage.

That middle gear is the launch release mechanism.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#17 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

It is a very small but powerful launch. I think it will enable you to build a good lay-out.

Posted Image

#18 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

Joker's Jinx? Flight O' Fear? It is definitely a Spaghetti bowl coaster, since that's the title of the video... Unless that is meaningless.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

#19 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

Wow haha great name didn't notice that.

Posted Image

#20 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

From what you have told me, this will be a very interesting project. So interesting I just want to start building one right at this second.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: launched, thezachman28