Six Flags Great Adventure Trip Tips?

help. six flags sfga tip trip

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

Hey guys, my family is considering a trip to SFGA next summer, and I was wondering from anyone who's been, or just know the park, what are the best attack plans for riding all the coasters? We would likely go on a weekday (Wednesday I plan to request). How are crowds? Any rides to hit at a certain time? Anything you don't recommend riding? All tips are appreciated. Thanks! :)

Also, big one here, could we get everything one in 1 weekday?

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#2 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

I'm going Friday and Saturday. I've been asking for advice here, but haven't gotten any feedback yet.

I'll tell you how the lines are next weekend.

Formally RK500

#3 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

I went on a weekend in summer, so every line was crazy long (we had Flash Passes though).
Main tip I have it early, run to Nitro and El Toro. They are both away from the entrance so it's good to get some rides in on them early before the crowds. Make sure to ride back row on El Toro.

#4 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

Well, I like Gvus's plan a lot, but I find it better to head to Green lantern first, and then to El Toro because Green Lantern's line is nothing in the start of the day, and gets longer as the day goes by. Other than that it's a really good plan!

Signature not available 

#5 DKCF

DKCF

Six Flags in NJ rules!

• 364 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:16 PM

I've been working at Great Adventure for the whole season this year, so I can give you some great advice. If you arrive at the park at opening time, it's always best to get on the rides you really want to get on early to beat the long lines. About a year or two ago, I went to the park with three friends, and we all got to ride Nitro three times in a row without leaving the ride before the crowds got bigger in the early hours of the park. If you plan on visiting the safari at Great Adventure, get there as early as possible, as it can take about an hour in line to get onto it, depending on how big the crowds are, and the fact that the line closes at 4pm or earlier, depending on its popularity for the day. Many of the park's most popular rides (ex: Kingda Ka, Zumanjaro, El Toro, Nitro, Superman) tend to have long lines in the middle of the day, so it's always a good idea to ask the team member at the entrance of the ride for the wait time, as I always do that. If you plan on staying at the park until closing time, the rides tend to have little to no lines as closing time get closer, but rides can close early if there is no line for a certain amount of time. If you are going to walk around the park with a bag, bring some $1 bills for ride lockers, or have someone in your group whose not riding hold onto it, as most rides can't let you bring bags and purses into the ride. As for getting on as many rides as you can in one day, it can be tricky based on the lines and the crowds, but weekends tend to be more busier than weekdays. A Flash Pass will save you some time, based on what version of the Flash Pass you get. Hope this will help you out.

Rock n' roll is my life. ROCK N' ROLL IS ALIVE AND WELL!!! \m/

YouTube Channels
Coaster Videos / Rubik's Cube Videos / Random Videos

Social Medias
Twitter / Instagram / Vine

#6 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:11 AM

Hate to overtake this thread, but I am going this next weekend during Grist Fest. I don't have much time in the park and I'm expect giant crowds.

DKCF, how are the lines currently? My flight is to Phily, early in the morning and I should get to the park by midday, staying till closing. What should I expect? And then Saturday, I'll be in the park all day. If I want to get a few night rides in, which rides are best and how's El Toro's line then?

I plan on getting Flash Passes standard to free up time for photography.

Formally RK500

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help. six flags, sfga, tip, trip