Spiral Lift Coaster

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

Why is you're style of building so nice and clean, keep up!

Posted Image

#22 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:31 PM

This is one of the most unique coasters I've seen! I'm interested in what other elements you'll put in the space you have left.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#23 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

Such a unique layout. Very, very nice coaster so far. It's going to take one hell of a coaster to steal the podium finish this thing is going to earn.

Posted Image

#24 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:54 PM

Appreciate all the comments guys.

I built a couple more elements. I went with the Immelmann idea, followed by a dive loop. This weekend I fought with the last element in the pictures, I probably rebuilt about 6 different versions of it and I still don't like it. It's proven to be difficult to make it work in the space I have.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll be working away at it the rest of tonight trying to make a layout that works for the rest of the coaster. My goal is to finish this up by the end of the month.

Check me out

Youtube

#25 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:20 PM

It's so twisty! :o
I really like the twistyness of the coaster, I can't wait to see how it gets back to the station, because if it is the quality of the rest of the elements, it will be amazing.

Signature not available 

#26 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

This looks great! I agree, the shaping still needs some work, but this is making me scared, it is going to be very hard to beat this model.

#27 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:56 PM

I'm thinking something like this instead, I can make it work much better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check me out

Youtube

#28 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:17 PM

In face I like this idea/change much better. Its more unique.
Man, when it comes around to voting time, its going to be harder than I thought.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#29 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:46 PM

Yessss! I love it much better, I agree with Tim, when voting comes around... We will see! ;)

Signature not available 

#30 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:54 AM

This lay-out rocks! I hope that you will have enough speed for this.

Posted Image

#31 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:07 AM

I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy following the construction on this ride. Your last idea for the corner you worked yourself into, is a great idea. It fits the whole spaghetti look.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#32 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

I think the turning pullout should start sooner; it looks as though you have the pull out to the dive loop, then a turn. Blend them together and make it so that the Immelmann can be pushed back a granite rod or two, eliminating that "crammed-space" look.

The coaster looks great though. It's has a very unique style for itself at the moment.

Edit: Okay, so forget that first past about shaping... I just saw you changed the element. The new element looks really, really great and works well with the space you have. I like it!

Posted Image

#33 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

Here's were I'm at:

- Track is completed
- Plan to build some catwalks alone the straight section going back to the station, perhaps the station style roof over this area?
- Still some details and theming left to build. I'm still trying to decide exactly how I want to theme it.
- In the process of painting my trains, I should have a set done this weekend.
- Still need to think about a name for the ride.

Pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Check me out

Youtube

#34 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

Very efficient use of space there. Just from the shot of the whole thing, the entrance to the batwing looks somewhat funny. It just looks a bit flat and sharp as it heads towards vertical. Does it have to be like that because of the speed or is it something that could be altered?

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#35 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

6 inversions! :o
Looks absolutely fantastic, can't wait for some theming.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#36 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

I love the element in the second picture(is it a banana roll?) Theming will probably be awesome as always

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#37 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

Very efficient use of space there. Just from the shot of the whole thing, the entrance to the batwing looks somewhat funny. It just looks a bit flat and sharp as it heads towards vertical. Does it have to be like that because of the speed or is it something that could be altered?

Just for you,

Posted Image

Posted Image

6 inversions! :o
Looks absolutely fantastic, can't wait for some theming.

I'm surprised I got that many in as well, I for sure didn't think I would when I started building.

I love the element in the second picture(is it a banana roll?) Theming will probably be awesome as always

No idea what you call it

Posted Image

So I painted some trains as seen in the first picture, the paint bleed a little bit under the tape so I'll have to try and fix that up. I also added some trees. I'm still trying to decide if I want to 'snow' the entire thing. One option is to cover it in white snowflakes, takes forever and I won't really be able to add a lot of changes in elevation with the small space there is. I could also get some artificial snow sheets? Or I just leave it as is.

Hopefully I can decide and start the final video soon. If there is anything else I should fix up just let me know. Thanks

Check me out

Youtube

#38 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

Well I stand absolutely no chance of winning now...
I think you should put "snow" on it, it will look really nice.

#39 nerd4Sc

nerd4Sc

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

im jelly XD this coaster is boss

#40 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

I think you should put "snow" on it, it will look really nice.

It snowed today, both literally and figuratively.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope I'm ambitious and can get a video put together this weekend. I'd like to clear all the K'nex boxes off that back wall and maybe set up a white background? We'll see how it goes.

Oh yea, I need a name...

Check me out

Youtube