Spiral Lift Coaster

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:37 PM

You should put some on top of the supports. Other than that its beautiful!

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#42 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:32 AM

I love this coaster, it is easily one of the best uses of space I have ever seen on a knex model. I am bad with names, so the only thing I can think of that reminds me of this coaster is "Black Panther" and "Black Ice"
I hope you don't mind if my next coaster I make is going to be a spiral lift hill coaster, but if it does I will change my plans.( it won't be for the winter contest.)

Signature not available 

#43 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:58 AM

What about "Swirling Icicle"?

In pieces logo thing

#44 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:47 AM

If you haven't seen a film called "Ice Twisters", I recommend you see it. It's so hilariously bad that you should name your coaster after it, then bring it up in every conversation, then worship it, then preach it and live your life in the name of it and...

Oh yeah and that shaping looks a lot better.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#45 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:57 AM

This coaster looks fantastic. It has such a good lay-out for such a small space, and the shaping is flawless. How many inversions does it have?

Posted Image

#46 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

This coaster looks fantastic. It has such a good lay-out for such a small space, and the shaping is flawless. How many inversions does it have?

5 inversions. On the other hand you should call it Arctic Drift.

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#47 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

This is impressive. I love how it just doesn't stop making inversions. Good job on this one :)! ^I count six inversions by the way.

Posted Image

#48 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

Such a compact and impressive coaster. The theming is nice too!

Posted Image

#49 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

I'm surprised you had room left for theming.

#50 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

I honestly did not expect that at all considering the amount of space you had left to build with. This is one of the wackiest layouts I've seen on a winter coaster, but also the nicest! The theming for the coaster looks nice as well.

Edit: I just realized that there was more updates before this one showing pictures of the layout. I'm so smart...

Edited by TheRandomGuy, 05 December 2014 - 05:03 PM.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#51 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

Looks great, how long will the trains be? also, what did you use for the 'snow'?
Can't wait to see it running. :)

Posted Image

#52 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

Such a lovely looking coaster. Also you should call it snowblind. That's my favorite song too. (Au5-snowblind)

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#53 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:07 AM

You should put some on top of the supports. Other than that its beautiful!

There is some small bits of snow on the supports/trees. Thanks

I love this coaster, it is easily one of the best uses of space I have ever seen on a knex model. I am bad with names, so the only thing I can think of that reminds me of this coaster is "Black Panther" and "Black Ice"
I hope you don't mind if my next coaster I make is going to be a spiral lift hill coaster, but if it does I will change my plans.( it won't be for the winter contest.)

There has been very few spiral lift coasters, I'd love to see more of them!

If you haven't seen a film called "Ice Twisters", I recommend you see it. It's so hilariously bad that you should name your coaster after it, then bring it up in every conversation, then worship it, then preach it and live your life in the name of it and...

Oh yeah and that shaping looks a lot better.

I watched the trailer for that movie. I think i'll save it for a day when I'm so bored I can't think of anything else to do, haha. Thanks!

Maarten got it with 6.

Looks great, how long will the trains be? also, what did you use for the 'snow'?
Can't wait to see it running. :)

3 car trains. For snow I got some bags of 'snow sheets' or 'snow blankets.' They were pretty much like 2' x 6' sheets of snow. I also had a bag of tiny cotton balls that I sprinkled everywhere.

Such a lovely looking coaster. Also you should call it snowblind. That's my favorite song too. (Au5-snowblind)

I loved Halo 3, and Snowblind was one of the maps. You sold me. Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXod9S3X_Zc

We had a great sunny day today, so the video turned out nice and clear. Thanks everyone for the support/comments along the way :)

Check me out

Youtube

#54 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:15 AM

This turned out perfectly. My vote will be for you!

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#55 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:45 AM

This is a really good coaster! Thoroughly enjoyed the video and will probably be voting for this in the contest! :)

#56 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:07 AM

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I still don't know how it all fits inside the space.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#57 Maxwell Graham

Maxwell Graham

Knexmax

• 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

nice coaster. it will tough to beat this ride.

#58 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

This model just looks fantastic and professional, from the snowy theming to the colors of the track. The layout gets a little crazy at the end, but it's impressive how much you fit into the space. This is exactly the thing I was hoping to see in this year's Winter Contest!

#59 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

Honestly, this is my new favorite winter coaster. You did such an amazing job on this, I can't express how much I love it.

Edit: Is that a new camera you used? The video quality is fantastic.

Edited by -=Zach=-, 11 December 2014 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#60 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

I got a lot of catching up to do to be up to par with this one. Truly a great job man, this thing is beautiful.