black hole cw5x loop drop

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:22 PM

I say 'Surprise Coaster' because I didn't really think I'd have the motivation to build during the semester but apparently I did so here's another one. It's quite small but that's what I intended so it's fine by me. Another reason why is because I've changed my plans for this 4 or 5 times from the original concept so I'm building it as it comes to me which is where the issue lies. Where do I go next? I've had a little bit of builder's block. The couple of ideas I've had don't look like they're going to work for various reasons and space in my room is a bit tight, especially since I still want to be able to get to my drums this time. I'll try a few more random things and see if they'll work, a bit like the rest of the coaster.
Anyway, this is what I have so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment on anything you want. :D

Edited by CW5X, 10 December 2014 - 05:43 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#2 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

That's sweet! So compact! Looks like Nitro. (No, not the hyper)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#3 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

i love this so far! and meybe a airhill or 0-G next? idk iv never made this kind of coaster

#4 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

Looks brilliant for a smaller, and largely unplanned, coaster! Those two loops really remind me SFOG's Ninja!
I really like realistic ride layouts like these!

So, in terms of subsequent elements, I would agree with cartracer for the zero-G, or two in-lines with a curve a la Colossus (TP)
Or, if you've got speed, you could thread the loop to prolong the helix, then put inversions in?

Anyway, great coaster, keep going! :)

#5 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

This reminds me of something that Fraggie would build, like the seven-day-table-top-compact-goodness coasters. I like it a lot and thinking about making a few of these coasters at once, but I doubt it since I barely build anymore(dumb homework).

#6 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

I was surprised. This has a nice style so far.

#7 NFC

NFC

Construction Foreman

• 148 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

You don't see that many double loops anymore. I like this..... Great work mate.

#8 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

This is a really interesting build and I love averything about it so far.

#9 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

Do you have a test run? I'm curious to know how fast the train goes through that.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#10 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

If you look closely in the last picture, you can see gump hiding in that cupboard. Ah hah! The jig is up!

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#11 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

I like what you have. Although I think the brake run looks very awkward in one of the pictures.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#12 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

I love your drop and vertical loops. Do you plan on adding a catwalk to that MCBR? I feel that would make it look a lot nicer.

#13 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

[quote name='TheZachMan28']That's sweet! So compact! Looks like Nitro. (No, not the hyper)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :D

[quote name='cartracer56']i love this so far! and meybe a airhill or 0-G next? idk iv never made this kind of coaster[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='Batwing']Looks brilliant for a smaller, and largely unplanned, coaster! Those two loops really remind me SFOG's Ninja!
I really like realistic ride layouts like these!

So, in terms of subsequent elements, I would agree with cartracer for the zero-G, or two in-lines with a curve a la Colossus (TP)
Or, if you've got speed, you could thread the loop to prolong the helix, then put inversions in?

Anyway, great coaster, keep going! :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Going through the loop turned out to be the best option.

[quote name='Timonator']This reminds me of something that Fraggie would build, like the seven-day-table-top-compact-goodness coasters. I like it a lot and thinking about making a few of these coasters at once, but I doubt it since I barely build anymore(dumb homework).[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I don't think I was around for those little builds.

[quote name='CKpro']You don't see that many double loops anymore. I like this..... Great work mate.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='The Stig']I was surprised. This has a nice style so far.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised too. Thank you.

[quote name='Gvus2001']This is a really interesting build and I love averything about it so far.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='SCM']Do you have a test run? I'm curious to know how fast the train goes through that.[/QUOTE]

I was going to post one, but since I haven't lubricated my cars since probably July, I've had to play about with it a bit though. I will post one before the final video though. Thank you.

[quote name='TimmehTheAmazing']If you look closely in the last picture, you can see gump hiding in that cupboard. Ah hah! The jig is up![/QUOTE]

Darn. You got me. All the K'nex Land stuff was just a front for what he was actually working on. ;)

[quote name='greenpig1111']I like what you have. Although I think the brake run looks very awkward in one of the pictures.[/QUOTE]

It is a bit awkward but it has to fit in the space and I got unlucky with the track splicing. It may smoothen with the addition of the extra flexis, it may not. That's the way it has to be unfortunately. But thanks for the feedback.

[quote name='The Cobra Roller']I love your drop and vertical loops. Do you plan on adding a catwalk to that MCBR? I feel that would make it look a lot nicer.[/QUOTE]

I will at the end when I'm doing the details. I'm focussing on track work and supporting just now. Thank you.

Thanks for all the responses guys (never had so many at once). Much appreciated as always.
So I tried out a couple of the suggestions and the zero g roll option was causing a few problems and even after going through the loop, I was having a few speed issues so I went with a nice easy corkscrew which actually fits quite nicely. That's why this update is a little later than when I wanted it to be but anyway. Shut up me. Picture time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:D

Edited by CW5X, 27 November 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#14 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:42 PM

Dude, this coaster is awesome.

Posted Image

#15 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

I approve.
Looks nice, smooth, strong and twisty, awesome.

#16 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:12 AM

^ A very apt description of this coaster. I love the compact style.

#17 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:02 AM

This is so cool! Perfect shaping! Could we see a test vid? :D

#18 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:47 AM

The lay-out is great. Your shaping has improved so much since you joined SSC, because right now it is flawless.

Posted Image

#19 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:02 AM

You did a great job on this coaster, shaping is perfect, layout is perfect, the whole coaster! Nice to see 3 inversions on a compact like this.

Posted Image

#20 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

Marvelous job on this one, I can't find any flaws. Very impressive speed loss too. Nice job.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black hole cw5x loop drop