#22 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

Dude, this coaster is awesome.

Thank you. :D

I approve.
Looks nice, smooth, strong and twisty, awesome.

It'll be getting even stronger once I've finished with it. Thank you.

^ A very apt description of this coaster. I love the compact style.

Thatz ma style. Haha. Thanks.

This is so cool! Perfect shaping! Could we see a test vid? :D

I'll have a test video tomorrow probably or Tuesday latest. I let the cars soak today to get rid of the gunk build up and I'll lube them tomorrow hopefully. I might be able to restore its original 4 car train. Thank you.

The lay-out is great. Your shaping has improved so much since you joined SSC, because right now it is flawless.

I've seen my shaping from when I joined. It wasn't the best is all I can say. Thank you.

You did a great job on this coaster, shaping is perfect, layout is perfect, the whole coaster! Nice to see 3 inversions on a compact like this.

Thanks. Turned out completely different from my original plan.

Marvelous job on this one, I can't find any flaws. Very impressive speed loss too. Nice job.

Thank you.

This coaster is sick! Great job!

Thank you.

Even with tests and stuff, I've found lots of motivation to do things in the past week which is nice for once. My cars haven't really ever been cleaned out and they certainly haven't seen lubrication for at least half a year. I was just building this so it would consistently work even with messed up cars. It should be a lot better once they've been properly dried and lubed again. I haven't got much left to do: a couple of catwalks, main lift hill, a bit of track and support strengthening, maybe even a little bit of scenery. It shouldn't take too long for everything to be done and dusted.
Woop woop. Picture time.
I'll run down everything that's happened:

Posted Image

New station:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

New transition to finish:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Circuit complete:

Posted Image

Posted Image

More X-ties on first drop. It was a bit sparse before.

Posted Image

Full View:

Posted Image

I've also redone all the track so it doesn't end in awkward places and create sharp spots.

The support has been great on this coaster guys. Thanks so much.

Edited by CW5X, 07 December 2014 - 02:46 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#23 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

You have quite a long layout considering the height of the lift! I like this coaster a lot!

Test video any time soon?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#24 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

^ agreed, the layout is fantastic, very long too.
Another great build from you, awesome job.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#25 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

Test video any time soon?

I put it in the post but a reply to Muzz's comment so I understand why you didn't see it. Should have one tomorrow or Tuesday hopefully. I have some computer modelling to do tomorrow so how long I get to work on stuff may vary.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#26 NFC

NFC

Construction Foreman

• 148 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

This is fabulous! are you going to theme it? If not snow then at least add in some palm trees here and there. It would look beautiful :D

#27 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

You have quite a long layout considering the height of the lift! I like this coaster a lot!

Thank you.

^ agreed, the layout is fantastic, very long too.
Another great build from you, awesome job.

Thanks.

This is fabulous! are you going to theme it? If not snow then at least add in some palm trees here and there. It would look beautiful :D

I thought about snow but having white all over a coaster called Black Hole? Doesn't really fit. So I put in a couple of trees and some other things.

Obviously, because I said Tuesday latest for the test video, here it is late on Tuesday. Plus some pictures first.

Trees! James, trees! Trees!
James: mmmmpmph Trees, trees. Oh god. Trees!
Posted Image

Catwalks and stairs

Posted Image

After looking at some of the 'tox' support creations recently appearing on the site and pictures of Silverstar (for absolutely no reasons at all I might add. No reasons at all...), I realised that the stairs for the MCBR looked pretty similar so I went with it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And yes, the main reason the coaster is up off the ground is because I thought I might make some tunnels but then I wouldn't have the pieces to make the whole thing double layered. So it's on it's own table.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the test.

Nearly done now. :D

Edited by CW5X, 09 December 2014 - 06:01 PM.

Tyndrum

#28 Jay 314

Jay 314

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

This is a really good ride! I really like the speed. I am also happy you didn't add snow because it looks great the way it is.

#29 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

After looking at some of the 'tox' support creations recently appearing on the site and pictures of Silverstar (for absolutely no reasons at all I might add. No reasons at all...), I realised that the stairs for the MCBR looked pretty similar so I went with it.

Posted Image

Nearly done now. :D

Is this really happening? Have I inspired someone? (eek)

This looks great. I love the compactness and the overall shape.

In pieces logo thing

#30 motomoto123

motomoto123

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:06 AM

I love these styled coasters beacause theyre looper compact coaster aka i dont know th name for the style of the coaster but anyway it looks great and i like the use of colour throughout the coaster and it looke so nice keep up the good building

#31 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

that MCBR looks sick with the stairs, and you got a good speed there, well done on this coaster. I like to see things of you like this.

Posted Image

#32 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

This is a really good ride! I really like the speed. I am also happy you didn't add snow because it looks great the way it is.

Thank you.

Is this really happening? Have I inspired someone? (eek)

This looks great. I love the compactness and the overall shape.

You know what? I believe you did. ;) Thank you.

I love these styled coasters beacause theyre looper compact coaster aka i dont know th name for the style of the coaster but anyway it looks great and i like the use of colour throughout the coaster and it looke so nice keep up the good building

Thank you.

that MCBR looks sick with the stairs, and you got a good speed there, well done on this coaster. I like to see things of you like this.

Thank you as well.

I think I went a bit mad this afternoon. I realised there wasn't actually much in the way of anything to suggest this coaster might be called Black Hole. Not normally a problem, but since it's small and I have a lot of certain pieces left, I built this dome thing over the densest part of the coaster. I think I like it but maybe a bit more work and a few more purple connectors might make it look better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will admit that from some angles, it looks better than from others. Tell me what you think. :D

Tyndrum

#33 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

I like the dome, it gives this coaster a unique edge over some models. Well done sir, well done. I think a bit more the wing would be too much, I like it.

#34 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:16 PM

It actually looks pretty cool! Overall this is a fantastic coaster! :D

#35 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

I like the dome, it gives this coaster a unique edge over some models. Well done sir, well done. I think a bit more the wing would be too much, I like it.

Thank you. Mercifully, I stopped there with the theming. Just tidied it up a bit.

It actually looks pretty cool! Overall this is a fantastic coaster! :D

Thank you.

Final pictures and video time. All I've done really is fixed up the dome and tidied my room but it looks very neat now so that's nice. Not too late in December as well which won't mess up my plans that will be revealed now (although I think I've hinted heavily at it in the past). So here it is, all done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(with a nice bit of Feeder as well :D)

Teaserz. In a couple of the updates, this sheet appeared. This is what was on it.
Posted Image

Drew this up a couple a days after the contest was announced. I was going to ask about the eligibility of the floor layout but Josh's coaster answered that for me so thank you for that. We'll have to see how that turns out. Could be good, could be bad.

Thanks for all the support. I didn't expect the response I got for this coaster since it was just something to keep me going while at University but here we are 3 months later with quite a decent project for me. I'm very happy with it. I can get around my room with a coaster that works every time without fail for once. Shame it's going to have to come down fairly quickly but oh well. Got to do something over the break. Once again thank you.

Project Complete :D Wow, that yellow is hard to read...

Edited by CW5X, 14 December 2014 - 04:30 PM.

Tyndrum

#36 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

That's a lovely little coaster you've got there! Flawless shaping and a good variety of elements which interact with each other well, and of course with the 'zit' ! Reminds me of of the BORG orb on what it is now Nighthawk at Carowinds (not that I've ever been there though...)POV turned out very nicely too! There's a palpable sense of realism in every coaster you build!

You will need to get a move on for that (launched?) coaster for the winter contest though....

#37 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:39 AM

You will need to get a move on for that (launched?) coaster for the winter contest though....

Thank you but plot twist: it's not launched. You'll see what I'm hopefully doing soon enough. I hoping it will look as good as it does in my head.

Edited by CW5X, 15 December 2014 - 06:18 AM.

Tyndrum

#38 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:18 AM

I already liked this coaster a lot, but all the details - dome, trees and catwalks - make this ride even better! Great job.

Posted Image

#39 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:09 AM

This is a fantastic coaster, very well built! I actually really liked the video and watched the whole thing, which is unusual cause I often only watch a little bit :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black hole cw5x loop drop