Avalanche

buy selling

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I finish this coaster or start a new coaster?

Should I finish this coaster or start a new coaster?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

The pacing looks great. Not too fast or too slow, except for the very very end. Does it make it up that hill up to the station (which also looks great. I suck at building stations)? It doesn't look like there's much speed at the end. Unless you've said something about it already and I missed it...

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#42 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

Haha sorry you had to change the design of the ending, but I'd rather you didn't get disqualified after finishing and filming it all ;)
Anyway very nice with no flaws at all!

#43 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

You have packed a lot of elements into a seemingly impossible area. I really like this coaster, and I too think you are going to give Blame Canada a run for his money.

Posted Image

#44 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

I love the part that goes under the station. This is definitely one of the cooler wing riders I've seen in a while (there aren't that many anyway). You should go all out and theme this thing!

#45 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

I love the twistyness and that the track goes underneath the station and I think with some good theming you can beat Blame Canada:)

Thank you. :)

Wow this is awesome. I love how the second part is so compact. I cant wait to see the theming

Thanks, your wait is over.

The pacing looks great. Not too fast or too slow, except for the very very end. Does it make it up that hill up to the station (which also looks great. I suck at building stations)? It doesn't look like there's much speed at the end. Unless you've said something about it already and I missed it...

I am working on that. :P As of now I have a small lift from the turn to the station.

Haha sorry you had to change the design of the ending, but I'd rather you didn't get disqualified after finishing and filming it all ;)
Anyway very nice with no flaws at all!

Thanks for pointing it out. :)

You have packed a lot of elements into a seemingly impossible area. I really like this coaster, and I too think you are going to give Blame Canada a run for his money.

Thank you, lets hope I do.

I love the part that goes under the station. This is definitely one of the cooler wing riders I've seen in a while (there aren't that many anyway). You should go all out and theme this thing!

I think I have found out why there are not many wingriders on this site. I am never building one of them again, dealing with the speed loss the cars snagging and the space constraint is just too much.

I settled on the name Avalanche (thanks Alpal) and started my themeing.
Let me know what you think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

The name board actually looks pretty good. The little shrubs you have there certainly help complete the look. Can't wait to see everything done. I love a good tunnel.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#47 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:46 AM

Great layout, original and flowy!

I really like it! :)

#48 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

The lay-out is super twisty and it has a nice flow. The custom trains, station roof and logo are the icing on the cake!

Posted Image

#49 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

Really really neat looking coaster. Great theming too.

Posted Image

#50 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

so, to make my ride more unique I added a gondola lift to the theming. There are two issues with it though, the top station is too tall for the height limit and the string is too close to the ground at the top station.
I also need to get thicker string so you can see it better and add gondolas to it. I will have to make sure the gondolas don't go out of the boundaries though so it won't actually move.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

Wow, I love your idea, it looks very good! Hope you get it work;)

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#52 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

That is so awesome. The theming is great.

Posted Image

#53 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:43 PM

You just get some card and build the roof that way so the K'nex stays within the boundaries. Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you have scenery outside the size limits as long as it's not made of K'nex? Or does that not apply height-wise. Either way, it is a really cool theming idea and definitely adds style to the model.

Tyndrum

#54 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

Thank you for the comments. :)

I just got back from 2 weeks of vacation so I wasn't able to work on the coaster, but I managed to get quite a bit of work done, with Alpals help, in the three days I have been home.
Yet another redesign, I finally feel like this is the one, it works and it looks smooth. Now all that is left is finishing the theming.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:31 PM

ooooooooooo through the station roof this year is going to be tough to vote on but i think i know who im voting for now

#56 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:01 PM

I agree with you on the new layout as it looks nicer and will certainly flow better. Can't wait to see the final video! :D

#57 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

Twisty and funky, with some very nice shaping to match. That roll through the roof is very unique.

Tyndrum

#58 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

This is honestly one of my favorite wing layouts. Love the in-and-out style with all of the headchoppers. Your banking is beautiful. If there's one thing you could improve, it'd be the shaping of the zero-g-roll-ish element after the first element.

#59 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

The amount of creativity in this layout is...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
THROUGH THE ROOF

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

Seriously though good job.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#60 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:37 AM

The new ending for the layout really flows and it quite unique. I'm glad you went with this redesign. I can't wait to see the finished theming!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buy, selling