Coaster Confessions

buy selling

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

Have anything to admit about coasters or k'nex? This is the thread to post in.

I might as well start. I've never been on a coaster above 200 feet. The closest was alpengeist at 195 feet.

Feel free to move or close this thread if needed.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#2 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

The first time I rode a decent sized coaster (California Screamin at California Adventure) I hated it, then I rode it a few more times and decided it was fun.

#3 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:43 AM

The first big boy roller coaster I went on was Hangman at Wild Adventures in the 6th grade during the end of the year field trip. I was pretty terrified to ride it at first. I had ridden a couple of the kiddy coasters and the wild mouse Bug Out. Needed to coaxing of my homeroom intern to get on. Ended up riding it a couple more times. Next day, I went to Walmart and bought the original Roller Coaster Tycoon. Then I was hooked on coasters. Wish I could still have that excitement about them today; I remember it was just awesome looking at photos for hours on dial up internet.

PS... this was the summer before the Screamin' Serpent came out for time reference.

#4 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

The very first coaster I rode, I was around one year old, a small triangular, kiddie coaster, they stopped the ride halfway through to let me off because I was bawling my eyes out. I then was too scared to ride them and preferred to watch them operate instead until I was like eight.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#5 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:02 PM

The first inverting roller coaster I rode was Python at Busch Gardens in 2002~2003. I remember my dad pointing at the people on the train and saying "So, why is it that you think that they don't fall out?" And I replied "Because they got lucky!" And then I rode it. I was probably 6 or 7 at the time and I don't remember if I liked it or hated it.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#6 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:05 PM

Well I don't have many that are too big so here's a few.

The only real park I've been to is SFGAm (but twice, just went yesterday!)

Never been on an arrow coaster, because Demon broke down like 3 times and I gave up on that. :@

I only went on my first big coaster last Summer at SFGAm.

The first coaster I rode was Crazy Mouse at my local fairgrounds. For whatever reason I was fine riding it the first year, then I was scared of it the second year, but then I was okay the 3rd year. This was back in 2008..

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#7 Infinity

Infinity

Umm

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

Not exactly a confession of sorts, but when I rode my coaster (El Pastil Loco at Crealy), I was 3 years old. I absolutely loathed it. In the onride photo (hell yes I still have it) I was bawling my eyes out.

Yet now, 12 years later, you can barley get me to stop riding the things.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

The first properly "big" roller coaster I rode was The Swarm in 2013 because before then, I really didn't like riding coasters that much. Now it's a completely different story.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#9 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:02 PM

Well then. I did not expect you all to comment! Now for something Knex related...

I just plain suck at the orange rod spine. Tornado spine FTW!!!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#10 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:35 PM

I'm lazy and stig's spine takes too long for me to make (and I suck at it), so I use the bballer spine, and sometimes the tornado's spine. :P

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#11 Coupe

Coupe

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:56 AM

Anything to admit to about coasters? Hmmm, well, I am pretty addicted to them, especially when I find one truly mind-blowing. As such, I rode Smiler at Alton Towers 112 times over 2 seasons - my record being 22 consecutive runs in one day, which led to me almost greying out on the last couple of runs. Silly me then followed that with 10 consecutive runs on Nemesis, again almost greying out a few times. By body was in pieces the next day - bruises everywhere, aching, banging headache. Was fun though!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buy, selling