2 stories 8 feet bobbyjackt huge

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

So I have been wanting to make this project for a while now. And I am very exited to present Superman from Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

All I have at the moment is the lift hill, but I had a friend over today and she started work on the cliff face supports, which will be made out of K'nex.

Here are the lift pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am already anticipating on having to purchase more green rods from someone on eBay, but other than that I should be good for pieces on this coaster.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#2 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

OH MY GOSSH THAT IS MY FAVORITE RIDE EVER!!!!!!! I have no doubt you will be able to complete this awesome coaster.

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#3 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

If you complete this you should finally get a Builder Tag. I looks very big, how is high it? How many SS do you have?

Edited by Sputnnik, 20 January 2015 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#4 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

How you don't get a million comments I will never understand, this thing is hugetastic! :)

#5 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

This is going to be pretty epic judging by the rest of your creations. I have always loved the way this coaster sits on the cliff.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#6 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

This sounds like it's gonna be awesome! I can't wait to see the terrain you and your friend will build!

Posted Image

#7 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

A girl with an interest in Knex? Didn't you get lucky! ;)

Anyways, the lift looks good. Minimal sag. I'm quite excited to see these cliffs as well.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#8 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

Looks really good so far! Superman has a wonderful layout....and I'm sure you'll be able to get enough momentum given the height of that lift!

#9 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

I like how long the lift is like Balrogs u know lol. Cool base supports btw there should be diagionals in every direction not just perpendicular to the base!!!! :'(

#10 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

Awesome. I love the look of long lift hills.

Posted Image

#11 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:17 AM

The lift looks awesome. Will you cover the K'NEX terrain with some brown paper, to make it look like the real cliff?

This coaster is a regular B&M Looper plus a funky helix and S-curve. Regular B&M Loopers - like Kumba - are already hard to recreate, so a recreation of Superman is going to be a pain in the ass. However, if you take sufficient time and effort to build this ride, I am sure you can pull this off. Just make sure your structure is very sturdy, and use enough track-to-base connections. The condition of the trains make a huge difference as well, make sure they are perfect.

Posted Image

#12 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

Man, this is going to be really awesome. I remember seeing that coaster when I was a little kid and thinking, I want to ride it so bad why do BM have to be so mean with their large height restrictions. I will be really interested to see how this turns out. It would only be better if you could put my next project with this coaster.......... Lol great project

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#13 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

I will reply to your comments when I have a legitimate coaster update, for now it is a video of me talking about my current situation. Sorry to disappoint if you were expecting to see a drop. :P

And for some reason the proportions all all screwed up, though I cant be bothered by the black borders, i suppose.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#14 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

When you're done with this, could you try doing a mindbender recreation?

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#15 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

[quote name='Koozie']OH MY GOSSH THAT IS MY FAVORITE RIDE EVER!!!!!!! I have no doubt you will be able to complete this awesome coaster.[/QUOTE]

I think pieces will be my main issue.

[quote name='yannick']If you complete this you should finally get a Builder Tag. I looks very big, how is high it? How many SS do you have?[/QUOTE]

It is 9 gray rods tall, and I think I have 13 or 14 SS, something like that :P.

[quote name='Connector1o1']How you don't get a million comments I will never understand, this thing is hugetastic! :)[/QUOTE]

I wasn't expecting a lot of comments, as it is just a lift hill, but I was surprised to get this many. Thanks :D.

[quote name='CW5X']This is going to be pretty epic judging by the rest of your creations. I have always loved the way this coaster sits on the cliff.[/QUOTE]

Yep, when I rode it back in 2013 I said to myself "I have to recreate this one day" and the day has finally come!

[quote name='Jumpge']This sounds like it's gonna be awesome! I can't wait to see the terrain you and your friend will build![/QUOTE]

The terrain will probably not be the main focal point of the ride, but I will still be building it, and thanks, I am excited too!

[quote name='IonZer0']A girl with an interest in Knex? Didn't you get lucky! ;)

Anyways, the lift looks good. Minimal sag. I'm quite excited to see these cliffs as well.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I sure did. Thnaks, and same.

[quote name='Batwing']Looks really good so far! Superman has a wonderful layout....and I'm sure you'll be able to get enough momentum given the height of that lift![/QUOTE]

Boy I hope so. Not having an Immelmann should help a bit.

[quote name='IOAgeek']I like how long the lift is like Balrogs u know lol. Cool base supports btw there should be diagionals in every direction not just perpendicular to the base!!!! :'([/QUOTE]

no

[quote name='RCT2123']Awesome. I love the look of long lift hills.[/QUOTE]

Thanks m8.

[quote name='Helmut']The lift looks awesome. Will you cover the K'NEX terrain with some brown paper, to make it look like the real cliff?

This coaster is a regular B&M Looper plus a funky helix and S-curve. Regular B&M Loopers - like Kumba - are already hard to recreate, so a recreation of Superman is going to be a pain in the ass. However, if you take sufficient time and effort to build this ride, I am sure you can pull this off. Just make sure your structure is very sturdy, and use enough track-to-base connections. The condition of the trains make a huge difference as well, make sure they are perfect.[/QUOTE]

I may cover it later, but right now there are no plans. I already see what you mean, this drop is being a pain to shape. I'll also have to lube my trains for the first time since 2 years ago too :P.

[quote name='Jaykethekid']Man, this is going to be really awesome. I remember seeing that coaster when I was a little kid and thinking, I want to ride it so bad why do BM have to be so mean with their large height restrictions. I will be really interested to see how this turns out. It would only be better if you could put my next project with this coaster.......... Lol great project[/QUOTE]

Haha, thank you!

------------------------

I just now decided to show pics of what I have.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So yeah, I will be re-shaping (and perhaps finishing) the drop tonight. As there are some realism and shaping problems.

Thanks for viewing!

#16 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

Awesome! Could we see a picture of the whole thing?

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#17 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:20 PM

These new pictures have me uncontrollably excited. At this scale, I'm looking forward to you pulling off an impressive model of this ride.

#18 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

That is amazing, it looks so much like the real drop. no complaints.

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#19 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

It looks just like the real drop, great work.

Posted Image

#20 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Awesome! Could we see a picture of the whole thing?

Sure :D

These new pictures have me uncontrollably excited. At this scale, I'm looking forward to you pulling off an impressive model of this ride.

God, I sure as hell hope I can finish this. I think the hardest part is over :P.

That is amazing, it looks so much like the real drop. no complaints.

Thanks, I had some slight tweeks to be made but it is even better now.

It looks just like the real drop, great work.

I was actually able to improve it quite a bit. It looks a lot better to me now. :)

~~~~~ ~~~~~

Okay, what's up party people. I finished the drop for the most part. I still need to fully support it. (thumbsup)

My drop supports serve as an excellent jacket holder if I do say so myself.

Posted Image
Overview:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Okay, so that's about it. OH wait.

Test video (eek)
-> IMG_2909_zpsoqzecf38.mp4 Video by Ccreator | Photobucket <-

Now that's about it. Thanks for viewing. (H)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2 stories, 8 feet, bobbyjackt, huge