Gale Force 7 (SHELVED/ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

coaster hybrid knex majesco micro

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:46 PM

That's right! I'm actually going ahead with continuing the Steel Nor'easter project, but with a different layout and a new name. But, I want YOU to guess what coaster this was inspired by. Heres some CONSTRUCTION pics. (no more teasers.)

Posted Image
THAT'S A LONG CHAIN.
Posted Image
A blurry shot of what will be the first peak.
Posted Image
The bottom of aforementioned first peak.
Posted Image
The full ride will have two trains with 6 cars each. for now i only have two.

Stay tuned for more updates and breaking developments. I'll try to finish the lift by tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Start guessing!

Edited by WickedC99, 05 August 2015 - 09:26 AM.

Founder of Heidrich Construction, LLC.

43931.png

Wicked Cyclone Fireball Goliath Fury 325 Zephyrantes
©2016 Heidrich Construction, LLC.

#2 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

Hey guys, I did a little bit of work and the lift's 95% done. I made the track a lot smoother as well. I do need a name, but there isn't really any inspiration no need to guess.

So please help with a name and you will be credited in the video.

Anyway, on with the update!

Posted Image
Side view

Posted Image
going up....

Posted Image

A somewhat-glorious view of the crest of the first peak.

stay tuned for more, and ill come up with something for a name.

-WickedC99

43931.png

#3 GravitySnake

GravitySnake

Construction Worker

• 124 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

We shall create this coaster, and we will call it . . .

{name=loading}

. . . This Coaster.

Edited by GravitySnake, 29 July 2015 - 05:07 PM.
BEST NAME EVAAAAA

#4 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

It's a looper. You told me.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#5 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

I'm confused, this is an rmc right? Why do you use flexies for the straight part of your lift? :P

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#6 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

I'm confused, this is an rmc right? Why do you use flexies for the straight part of your lift? :P

That's the track spine that I use and it makes it a LOT smoother. It was going to be an RMC but I decided to make it pure steel. But like I said, there's no inspiration. and I'm continuing the PROJECT. Keeping it RMC was never discussed.

I decided a while back that it would be a B&M looper, and I'm gonna stick with it, but still add my little personal flare to it. :)

Here we go.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Hey, my feet are showing!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

See you guys real soon.

-WickedC99

43931.png

#7 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:48 PM

Your crest and your drop are all one same radius, making it look (obviously) too round. As your drop progresses downwards, make the steepness increase gradually at a slower rate (downwards parabola). Then begin your pullout. Not too big of a fan of straight down woodie/hybrid drops but that's your choice.

Otherwise, a solid start.

#8 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:48 AM

Some big alerts!

1. FOR THE LAST TIME, IT IS A B&M LOOPER!!!!!!

Second: The park is getting a new name. After talking with friends, family, and previous visitors, my Knex parks name is......

Posted Image

Sorry, but that's the best picture I have on my computer right now.

lastly, it will still need a new name.

I want a name that fits Jazzland's previous ride heritage, but nothing is out of bounds at this point

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One more thing... I have been considering shelving this project and rebuilding it with SS once I get the track.

In the meantime, I would make some flat rides for Jazzland. I would like to know if you think that's a good idea or a horrible one.

ONCE AGAIN, it would be SHELVED (PUT ON HOLD) UNTIL I CAN REBUILD IT WITH SS PARTS.
This is also because I don't have enough parts to complete the
coaster and do not have enough money to keep it working.

Thank you,
WickedC99.

43931.png

#9 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

Okay guys, got some bad news and final plans.

Bad news. "On July 29th, 2015 at approximately 9:34 PM, Jazzland's new rollercoaster was undergoing testing when the lift began buckling. Due to the pulling of the motor, the lift collapsed and fell. Jazzland park officials say that it has been damaged beyond repair. However, they have announced they will continue with a new, revised coaster. The coaster has been codenamed "Gale Force 7" and will be a compact coaster measuring 300 scale feet (3 feet) tall. It will have a top speed of 90 mph and will feature a loop as well as a curved 320 scale ft, drop. It is expected to open at the beginning of Jazzland's inaugural season later this year." -The K'nex Tribune.

Final plans. OK guys so as you just read, we're rebuilding the coaster. I will have some newer pictures later on as well as specs. This ride will survive, and it's gonna be wicked. ;)

-Jazzland

Edited by WickedC99, 30 July 2015 - 12:51 PM.

43931.png

#10 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

The K'NEX Tribune, July 31st 2015.

"For many people, Jazzland has been a dominant theme park. It has become synonymous with fun, excitement and thrills of epic proportions, from the introduction of Mega Zeph, to the re opening of the park last year. After much speculation, rumours surfaced. Lies were being told. Secrets were being kept. People thought Jazzland would introduce a looping Bolliger & Mabillard coaster. Some thought they were in talks with Rocky Mountain Construction to make a new wooden coaster. But now we finally know...the true addition for 2016. Jazzland made the following announcement just moments ago. Here it is in full."

"At Jazzland, we are known for creating epic thrills, and fun for the whole family. But, next year, through the help of our good friends at Premier Rides, we are pushing the envelope even higher. After many coaster ideas were rejected, including a RMC hybrid, and a B&M looper, we found one we haven't tried. One that stood out. It's finally time. After all these years, Jazzland is introducing it's first LAUNCHED COASTER. With Gale Force 7, we will push the boundaries of Jazzland to new heights. Like inversions? It's got 'em. Like heights? It's really high. Like speed? How about 0-140 scale MPH in 0.4 seconds? THIS IS ONE RIDE YOU WILL NEVER FORGET.

First, you will make that neck-snapping 0-140 scale mph launch in only 0.4 seconds as you surge through a COLOSSAL 475 scale ft. loop, creating some serious hangtime.
Posted Image

Then, surge through the park. All of a sudden, you'll find yourself diving straight into an abandoned storm shelter. Now, you're at the mercy of the storm. Next you'll rocket out of the rubble, and weave your way towards the finale... A 500 scale ft. climb, OVER the LOOP!! Then you'll finaly, be brought to a swift halt, and then, you can catch your breath.

Ready to face your fears and brave the storm? Then make a trip to Jazzland when Gale Force 7 opens in 2016!"

Residents of the surrounding area are eagerly awaiting the new ride. Keep reading for exclusive news.."

The K'NEX Tribune, Friday, July 31st, 2015.

Edited by WickedC99, 31 July 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#11 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

Man, I love doing this.

First, I need... I NEED!!!....
Posted Image
Ahh. Liquid refreshment....

Ok. On with the construction pics.

Posted Image
Posted Image

That's it for now. Back to work!

43931.png

#12 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

Yay, Code Red, I love that stuff. Oh, btw, nice coaster. :P This should turn out interesting.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#13 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

Yay, Code Red, I love that stuff. Oh, btw, nice coaster. :P This should turn out interesting.

Me too. Thanks.

"Jazzland's newest coaster, Gale Force 7, has the loop element finished. Park officials say it is still being worked on, but it is meeting expectations.

Park officials gave us these photos:
Posted Image

The massive, 475 scale ft. loop, standing over the skyline.

Posted Image

Footage of train blasting at 180 scale mph out of the station.

Posted Image

Mounted camera on-ride view during the powerful launch.

Stay tuned for more updates."

43931.png

#14 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:13 PM

Wow. That's quite a wide loop you have there. However, it is necessary so the riders don't black out from such extreme forces this ride will have. ;)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#15 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

" Jazzland has finshed the loop and top hat for their new coaster, Gale Force 7. We have exclusive pics.

Posted Image
Looking at the top of the loop...

Posted Image
Down the massive 500 scale ft. drop of the top hat.

Posted Image
Structure for the drop of the top hat.

Posted Image
view of the red train cresting the top hat.

Stay tuned for more updates."

43931.png

#16 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

I don't know how I feel about you pictures. We need good, non blurry, just general side views and stuff.
I cant even tell whats happening in the last picture lol. Instead of showing just a portion of the track, show more of it.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#17 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

Sorry, Timmeh. We are at the mercy of my phone camera. My HD one up and decided to take a dive into the hotel pool, so....

43931.png

#18 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

TRAGEDY AT JAZZLAND,
7 CREW MEMBERS KILLED

" What seemed like a normal day at the Jazzland Theme Park turned into disaster. During testing of Jazzland's newest ride, Gale Force 7, the coaster's colossal 475 scale ft. loop separated from the top supports. Unable to balance the weight of the train, the loop fell to one side, killing 7 crew members working on the top of the loop. Jazzland's CEO released this message:

"It is with great sadness that we announce 7 crew members were killed during testing of Gale Force 7. Our priority is safety, and we plan to learn from these mistakes. We understand this is a very difficult time. Any families who were affected by this tragedy are allowed to write their names on a special board, alongside the names of the 7 crew members. This board will be used on the new ride, and will be directly above the entrance to the ride."

Jazzland has announced the ride will continue to be built, however, the loop and top hat have been removed. The layout has been changed into a sprawling barrage of twists, turns, and loops. We do not have pictures or specifications yet, but we will soon.

Stay tuned for breaking news, as it happens."

-The K'NEX Tribune, August 1st, 2015.

43931.png

#19 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:03 AM

"After the death of 7 crew members during testing of the now-removed loop of Gale Force 7 at the Jazzland Theme Park, it seems Jazzland has learned from its mistakes. We have the exclusive photos featuring the new, revised GF7 layout.

Posted Image
Red Train curving its way to a giant 300 scale ft. hill.

Posted Image
Red Train cresting the 300 scale ft. hill. They put the old loop supports to good use.

Posted Image
The first element after launch is a colossal Dive loop.

Posted Image
Red Train surging through the dive loop at 180 mph. Insert serious hangtime here.

Posted Image
Side view of Dive loop.

Stay tuned for more pictures. In the next update, we'll have new information on the new ride specifications."

43931.png

#20 WickedC99

WickedC99

Put your hands UP!

• 220 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:49 AM

"Jazzland has finally released videos of Gale Force 7 in action. Here they are.

Launch Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH4u5su7PWk

Next update we will have more pictures and ride specs so stay tuned."

43931.png