Please don't look at the threads below this one.

looper micro rcca spaghetti woodie

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

Hello America and members of SSC! Over the summer, I have been improving on my K'nex skills and deciding on what to do this Fall and I have decided on an Arrow Looper. NOTE: It is a CUSTOM layout. Right now, I have the Brake run, Station, and Turn into the lift done. Yes, I am using tubes. My main issue is the name right now. I need suggestions for names. The only thing is that it has to be something like The Great American Thriller or The Great American Screamer. Basically The Great american Something. If you want another update, I'd suggest a couple comments. Since my birthday is Thursday, Expect an update around that time. Enough Gibberish, Here are the pics! (thumbsup)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Red, White, And Blue cars because 'Murica.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment your Favorite Sports Team! (And name for this coaster)

Looking back on this, I think this was a sign that my building was improving. And as for the threads below this, please don't look at them, they're embarrassing.

Edited by Spaghetti, 25 September 2015 - 07:39 PM.
Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#2 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

Looks nice so far, I like the station, though maybe you should make it longer, like twice as long, or 2.5 times. For a name how about The Great American Italian Noodle :P. My favorite sports team is the one that throws the ball.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#3 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:14 AM

I vote Great American Italian noodle ;) On a serious note, how about 'Great American Revolution'?
Nice start so far, and my favourite sports team is probably the England Cricket Team (I'm so English aren't I :P )

Posted Image

#4 W5WAC0sTerS

W5WAC0sTerS

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:04 PM

I agree, you should name it Great American Italian noodle! It would be so awesome, just like the coaster! =)
Bubba Watson is my favorite sports team XD

#5 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

This looks really good to me, i'd like to see more of it!

Posted Image

#6 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:57 PM

Hello Everybody! I would like you to know that I am still working on this coaster! :) Thank you to everybody who commented, but right now I can't comment cause I don't have enough time, but I appreciate it! I'm happy to say that I'm redoing everything. (Including the station) So expect a MEGA update in the future. Also, I'm having a GIANT order of micro pieces coming! (500 Red rods! :)) So thank you for waiting! Btw, do you like my new profile?

#7 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

*DP* Pacific Twister is here! As you know, the arrow looper wasn't cooperating with the supports, so I scrapped the idea. Bleh Bleh Bleh, Here are some pics.

Posted Image
What trains should I use? I only have 3 weights, so pick 3 cars.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Little POV
Posted Image
http://vid1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah242/griff2787/IMG_0022_zpsyvcjx6or.mp4
Comment or Donald Trump will eat you!

#8 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:25 PM

Looks good so far! I like the 3 cars on the right, especially the white, silver and blue one because it's called Pacific Twister and boats and water and stuff.. Is this like a blue rod woodie except in micro?

39751.png

#9 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, the white silver and blue cars would looks sick, this all looks great so far!

#10 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:32 AM

Very neat so far. Everything looks in pretty good proportion as well. If you can, I would just try to fix the adverse banking on that corner but otherwise, a good start. :D

#savemefromdonaldtrump

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#11 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

Hello Again, Just a verbal update. First off, thanks for the comments! I'll answer those questions right now. I'd like to say yes to FrIeDeGgS because this practically is a blue rod woodie in micro. 2nd thing, The reason I have not banked that turn into the station is because it is a break-run thingy.

Anyway, onto the update! Today, I added an extra hill to the back of the coaster and added chain guides to the break-turn-thingy the make it look cooler. Also, I put a weight in the silver car and got 50 bucks worth of pieces off k'nex.com. (Free Shipping!) Anyway, that's about it. Comment if you want!

EDIT: Let's play a game... I want you to guess the company I'm doing...

HINT 1: Who made GASM?
HINT 2: Rollerfreak, don't tell them.

Edited by Spaghetti, 12 September 2015 - 11:35 PM.

#12 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

I Really like the name and the way the rest of the coaster is turning out! The station looks great aesthetically, but I'm not sure it'll be popular with the guests who can't find the exit ramp ;)
As for GASM, well it depends which GASM you're talking about of course! But given where you live, it looks like the manufacturer might well be PTC...

This does look awfully like a classic wooden coaster, so keep it up!

(LOGIC: Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters has 28 letters. The Great American Scream Machine has 29. So also, you know what this means..)
Oh, and you shouldn't be concerned about Donald Trump. It's Kanye we should fear....

Edited by Batwing, 13 September 2015 - 01:44 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

^ Good guess, but it was actually RCCA, A.K.A the makers of son of beast.

I'm sorry, but I have to cancel this coaster. The train stopped making the circuit, and the track started to separate from each other. I'm extremely sorry. The good news is that later, when I'm a better experienced builder, I'll put this coaster back up and try again. As for now, I'll take a short break from knex. Again, I'm really sorry, and thank you for understanding everything.

EDIT: This coaster is not canceled. It will just have a shorter layout.

Edited by Spaghetti, 13 September 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#14 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:39 PM

^ Good guess, but it was actually RCCA, A.K.A the makers of son of beast.

Trust me, it was PTC ;) Great American Scream Machine - Six Flags Over Georgia (Austell, Georgia, USA)

Don't give up! Honestly, if you give up at the first hurdle, it's very unlikely you'll finish a VV coaster. They require careful planning and replanning, time and plenty of patience! Just DO IT!
Simply rebuild parts of it - if you learn from your mistakes, you'll be done in no time! Have a few tips:

-Weight your trains. It REALLY helps (plasticine perhaps?). If the track sags under the force, you know where you need to strengthen it.
-Increase the number, and strength of your track-support connections.The best way to do it is through red half-flakes and green or red micro connectors. Press down on your track to determine the weak spots.
-Try to avoid drops which go all the way to the ground - that way, you have extra height to work with later.
-Plan the layout and keep it in mind - you can always change it as you go.

Anyway, if you are cancelling, good luck for your next build! This was looking good :(

Posted Image

#15 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:54 PM

Thank you. I'd just like to say that I was weighting my cars with Magnet-Foil packs, but I had 3. And yes, you are right,it was PTC.

#16 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

Hmm why cancel so early? You didn't have much built and it wouldn't have been too bad to remake some of what you had so far. Also when my track separates, I put take around the middle tab part because on some of my pieces the middle doesn't stay together very well.

Did you check what temperature it was? That can effect how fast the cars are. Did you also check if everything was connected? I freaked out one time when the car stopped making it past the inclined loop on my coaster, then I realized I had bumped into it and some of the track wasn't connected. :P

39751.png

#17 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:09 PM

After listening to you guys, I decided that the best thing to do is keep the station up along with the prelift and instead of make the coaster backwards, make it forwards. So Yay! It shall not be canceled! First up, lift hill. Just so you know, I have a CRAPLOAD of micro knex coming, so I'm gonna try to keep this coaster in good shape. Sorry for Bugging you guys, I just needed to make the layout shorter, so yeah. Also, this is still going to be an RCCA woodie. (With loop!) Thanks for the suggestions guys, I appreciate it. Pacific Twister Is back! :) :) :)

#18 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

That's good to hear! How many red rods do you have?

39751.png

#19 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

Like 5 left. However, I'm getting 281 more off knex.com along with stuff for a switch track, ball and sockets, and stuff to make a better station.

#20 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:06 PM

I am amused how you said for me not to tell, like you knew who i knew built GASM.

Well, I did know it was the fabulous PTC, but whatevs.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305