Duelling Coaster

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:20 PM

Wow this looks really good! I don't see any problems so far. Also this isn't how I expected they would interlock, but I like this better.

#42 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:24 AM

Need more updates!

#43 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:47 PM

Need more updates!

WHATTTTTTTT???? A staff member bumping a thread out of nowhere?

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:28 AM

No worries, I will be updating this weekend since I'll have a lot of spare time :). The only setback is this though...

KapotStuk_zps9lideaaj.jpg

My dad broke it when he tried to hoist the flag for which he has to reach to my window.

Posted Image

#45 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:37 AM

I bet that kills speed like nothing else. 😆 Shouldn't be too hard to put back though.

Edited by CW5X, 03 May 2016 - 05:37 AM.

• Old_Hag likes this

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#46 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

Wow, looking great! It'll be an easy fix for you. I was curious if you could please take a picture or two of the base for your next update?

In pieces logo thing

#47 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

I bet that kills speed like nothing else. Shouldn't be too hard to put back though.

Haha, I haven't tested it, but I think you're right :P.

Wow, looking great! It'll be an easy fix for you. I was curious if you could please take a picture or two of the base for your next update?

Fortunately it was an easy fix indeed. What exactly do you mean with a picture of the base (where the future track is going)?

Two weeks ago I promised you guys an update, however I didn't touch the coaster at all because we had some lovely weather :). I barely worked on the track of the coaster, I finished that zero-g roll as you have seen in the test video and I started on a loop. I'd like to hear some suggestions from you how the other track should interact/interlock with the loop. 

So apart from the loop I'm working on, I have made some attachments for the servo's and the sensors. They work very well, because I can just put the sensors on the track at any place I like without having to glue or anything. The attachments for the servo's are made in such a way that the center of the axle of the servo aligns with the center of a blue rod grid.

Loop

DuelCoaster6.4_zpswxd0vei5.jpg

Side view

DuelCoaster6.5_zpstpfqmdzr.jpg

Sensors

DuelCoaster6.9_zpsqhtusfe0.jpg

Servo

DuelCoaster6.6_zpstqdnilzc.jpg

DuelCoaster6.8_zpsytidrcgg.jpg

DuelCoaster6.7_zpsrgukpn2d.jpg

So I have basically copied Steel's design for brakes (I hope you don't mind  (A) ). I have made some adjustments though as you can see. I wanted the orange connectors to be connected to eachother, so therefore I cut some cross ties and white rods  : , it works great now though haha.

DuelCoaster6.3_zpslcljrbbl.jpg

Locked position

DuelCoaster6.2_zpsl1za0txk.jpg

Unlocked position

DuelCoaster6.1_zpsuw2gkqcj.jpg

Two of the four trains have been prepared so far, the other two still need a rear chaindog (you can see the rear chaindog on this picture on the orange train).

DuelCoaster6.10_zpslwg0qqt0.jpg

DuelCoaster6.11_zpss6yovgag.jpg

And last but not least, an overview  :D .

DuelCoaster6.12_zps7ovtza2y.jpg

:ph34r:

Posted Image

#48 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:14 PM

Wow! This looks very good! If I were you, I would put a Stengel dive through the loop.

How do I upload a picture here omgg.

#49 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

^

I agree, a stengel dive would look so cool through the loop!

#50 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:02 AM

This is going to look so tangled when it's done. I approve. That loop, even without flexi rods, looks pretty much perfect and fits well. I kinda like the idea of having one side with lots of inversions and the other with maybe just a couple so the ride experiences are different.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#51 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

I'm glad you got the brakes to work, and while I'm not sure I see the mechanical benefit in connecting them together, it does look cleaner. Also, if you use a rubber band to pull the brakes up into the locked position, you can control the amount of friction in the brakes based on how tight the rubber band is.

What about interlocking inclined loops?

#52 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

Looks great love the brakes but I'm never a fan of cutting pieces so idk if I would make that for my coasters. Can we see a pic of underneath the train too so we can see how that back chain dog works?